Game-Labs Forum
admin

General gameplay feedback

This is a topic on general gameplay feedback for all issues not related to combat and map types

• Progression
  • Upgrades
  • Officers
  • Slot unlocks
  • Costs and money sinks
  • And all other issues
  • Like 4

Upgrades

Upgrades are available right from the start but captains will have to pay for installing them and replacing them.

• Like 1

Match makers just put me against a group of two players and one solo.  SO it was 1 player vs 3 pluss AI.  Match maker should equal teams out with players before AI is added so that would of been 2 vs 2 players with rest AI.

• Like 3

I noticed in a turn that the ship was turning in a jerky way. Stops and starts.  It looked like lag, but i did not notice lag in other things such as single firing guns.

• Like 3

i would like a button to "opt out of matching with AI", where it won't put me in a battle unless its all players.  I don't mind long queues, but the AI is too stupid to play with.

it would also be nice if it was balanced wind.  started a battle where you "capture the enemy base" and there's a fort you can capture in the middle. My side was dead in irons while the other side had full wind.  Guess who reached the fort first and was able to capture it before we could even get there.

Also, while sailing to said for fort my ship stopped dead in what appeared to be open water (i did not get that "Shallow" text on the screen).  I assume i hit a hidden rock or whatnot, but it was major annoying to lose all speed and try to move around it to reach the fort while the fort was blasting us.

• Like 1

I had two battles where game lost connection at the end that i didn't get rewars.  Another player in the last one got his.  Something odd where they aren't paying out for all. I been in three battles and histroy only shows the one I got sunk when it was 3 plaeyrs vs me.

while I only earned 12 xp from that one battle.  Need some way to know your current XP.  I seem to not find it.  Figure if you scroll over your rank it would list that.

38 minutes ago, Chustler said:

I noticed in a turn that the ship was turning in a jerky way. Stops and starts.  It looked like lag, but i did not notice lag in other things such as single firing guns.

i have the same problem

23 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

i have the same problem

Same. Thought that lag but noticed everytime when turn this happen. Also in first battle me and rocco sunk npc - shipwreck was in wierd position: bow down. Is this new sinking animation on or something? Reported F11 anyway.

Would like either manual zooming or automatic zooming on the tab screen map (so the ships aren't a small jumble unable to tell them apart all the time).

Would also like to be able to click on the triangles and see captain names (not going to lie, i just want to easily know which are actual players so i can ignore the AI and hunt down the player).

Would be nice if circles on the tab screen map changed color to the side which owns them (i'm 99% sure they didn't, but if they do already i apologize).

Ditto on the laggy turning; seems just related to turning though.

Over all I'm somewhat impressed. Though one thing I'd love to see, is instead of your ship in the open ocean while in the docks, maybe make it an actual dock? Make it a bit more interesting, ala World of Warships?

I do also feel there needs to be a bit more info readily available on screen, and in such a way that is easily understandable. Things like progression levels, amount of total xp on current ships, rate of current ship, ect.

I'd also like to see more xp and credit info on the upgrade screen as well, without having to click on the slots themselves. Maybe something like a small number inside the slot area that says how much xp it'll cost to unlock?

Ship progression also needs a bit more info, like which ship you'll unlock next ect. Maybe a small arrow pointing to the next ship? Just a small little hint at what to look forward to. :)

• Like 2

These things a am missing for better teamplay (needs to be well made, otherwise PUG Play will be hell):
- Accessable chat history.
- Teamstatus window or status on "big" map.
- Zoomable map would be really nice.
- Clear indication which unit is an AI (if they stay in, i guess so).

Other Interface related things:
- Please show XP on current ship on top next to the money.
- On the collection, please indicate total XP needed or indicated that this is the XP missing (was not intiutive for such an old fart that i am).
- Please make the chat window resizable, both in battle and in the main Screen.
- Would be nice to have access to global / clan if you are in battle, to setup following fights.
- Please make that the reporter ID of last report is copied into clipboard (like in NA).

Additionally reported (as others also did):
- Turning is very buggy in the cutter.
- Wind differs from indicated wind direction.

Generally, i dont know if the cutter should have manual sailing actived at all - it is making more confusion for new players then it teaches them....

Edit: Ah, and yes, where is my Wappen?!? ;) 

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

XP and gold for damage might be out of the OW game, but I would consider bringing it back in for Legends.

3 minutes ago, sveno said:

Generally, i dont know if the cutter should have manual sailing actived at all

Without manual sailing cutter can get completely stuck in irons.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

XP and gold for damage might be out of the OW game, but I would consider bringing it back in for Legends.

Without manual sailing cutter can get completely stuck in irons.

I am aware of that, but noobs will not know that and vets cannot really use it to turn faster (couldn't tell if it is faster due to the turning bug).
It is highly counter-iniutive and i would personally rather see a auto-out-of-Irons than this (slow turn tho, so they are punished for getting there).
In this current setup, new players will have "manual sails are bad" in mind when the start on the ships that need manual sailing.

+1 on damage pay, it sucks playing tactical and you get the 1/5 of that guy which suicided himself to get a kill.
Also "no rewards" for a loss is an absolut no-go in this type of game, nobody will have any regards for that.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sveno said:

I am aware of that, but noobs will not know that and vets cannot really use it to turn faster (couldn't tell if it is faster due to the turning bug).
It is highly counter-iniutive and i would personally rather see a auto-out-of-Irons than this (slow turn tho, so they are punished for getting there).

I noticed significantly different speeds on my tacks when i used manual sails than when I used auto sail. It took some time to get used to, but I started to figure out the sails on the cutter again. 

And z4ys was able to outmaneuver  me by using manual sails more effectively than me.

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

I noticed significantly different speeds on my tacks when i used manual sails than when I used auto sail. It took some time to get used to, but I started to figure out the sails on the cutter again. 

And z4ys was able to outmaneuver  me by using manual sails more effectively than me.

Ok, with the Buggy turning i could not really tell what was faster.

Will test it again when the turning bug is gone.

3 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

They are.  Just drag the corner.

Tried any corner on the chat of the mainscreen, with any mousebutton :), couldn't get it to work...

Turning is bugged for me, too, on the Cutter.

Bow rotates about 10 degrees, then pauses for about a second, then rotates another 10 degrees, then pauses.

Didn't notice anything else that looked or felt like lag, but it made the Cutter very difficult to use, at least compared to how it normally handles.

I hope there will be more fore-and-aft rigged ships available!

Overall, really dig it. The new UI is a big upgrade! Really like the direction so far, from the few minutes I've  had to spend with it.

Problem with the cutter is that you have 2 masts to control. On NA you have only one (I actually sailed a cutter after doing some legends)

I don't realy understand why it changed tho? Cutter should be something you get out pretty quickly

I'm not sure I understand how XP works.

Last instance I got 2x kils and 1x assist (versus bots). I don't know if I got any XP for it and I'm not sure where in the interface to see my XP?

Sorry for being clueless, besides the turning glitch it's really cool :)

EDIT: Figured it out. You have to click on "Equipment" beneath your ship in the "Docks" screen. This will show you a page with your "Experience" accumulated listed on it. Clicking the "Collection" screen from the top nav will show the other ships, along with an XP countdown to be reached before they will be unlocked (via "Research").

Edited by surfimp
  • Like 1

OK the lag is killing this for me. I need to wait until the performance is better, my ping is only around 180 but the stutter-turning just kills my pleasure. I'm getting big lag spikes on firing, too.

I will be happy to try again in the future, but it's just not working for me right now.

Others are reporting the same in battle chat. Anyways, that's my feedback.