Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
vazco

PvP desperately needs fixing

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, monk33y said:

Also Russain, Prussian and Polish nations don't have redicous number of greenzones. They don't have any greenzones and they are doing fine!!

You name the hardcore nations, so let me just check what we have there. Russians is basically a bunch of veterans out of many nations that came together, okay. Just checking the map tells me they somehow have the two PVE paradise islands kidds and bermuda. Basically a natural greenzone because every enemy fleet would need one hour to reach kidds and one more for bermuda.

Prussia and poland both struggle more than being healthy. While the commonwealth at least has that active PFK clan that sailed in portbattles before, prussia is more than a joke, got farmed a lot down in panama, the 'best' clan already moved again and left behind a second dutch nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bermuda and Treasure Island are not zoned. Anyone can engage there.

Players simply choose not to.

The ports can even be conquered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 1:01 AM, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

The post 11.0 Naval Action world is far more focused on RVR than PVP. That just seems to be the nature of the beast and the direction the developers want, regardless of whether players agree or not. I'm beginning to think that there shouldn't be RVR at all. If this truly claims to be an accurate historical naval combat game (as so many zealots cry out: "we want accuracy!") then it shouldn't have territory change hands at all, since it major ownership changes didn't happen during the time period apart from major campaigns.

I agree on this one. The focus should be on navies in the napoleonic age instead as they began with. But EVE and Pirates of the Carribean meant more to some I guess. The combat are fun and with some tweak it could be very good indeed. But I really miss that Horatio Hornblower - feeling or some kind of a career towards the battle of Trafalgar alike environment. It began so well but got spoiled down the road. I wonder if anyone would ever make a proper age of sail game. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You name the hardcore nations, so let me just check what we have there. Russians is basically a bunch of veterans out of many nations that came together, okay. Just checking the map tells me they somehow have the two PVE paradise islands kidds and bermuda. Basically a natural greenzone because every enemy fleet would need one hour to reach kidds and one more for bermuda.

Prussia and poland both struggle more than being healthy. While the commonwealth at least has that active PFK clan that sailed in portbattles before, prussia is more than a joke, got farmed a lot down in panama, the 'best' clan already moved again and left behind a second dutch nation.

Sorry, I can't agree. Struggle doing what ?

I don't think we are struggling... We are picking fights we can win... we can't fight Sweden but we are trying to give as good fights as possible RUBLI, BF's and Danes which are very experienced compared to players. We still do it as a part of the practice and everyone enjoys it. 

We don't cry about no access to Teak, Coal and other really important resources. We are trying to overcome it as much as possible. 

 

If there is anything I would like to see is more players as our current playerbase is not sufficient to cover PB and screening. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tip hat to Commowealth. Their fighting spirit against the odds and to engage in pvp all the time is a good example of what Caribbean server should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, monk33y said:

Also Russain, Prussian and Polish nations don't have redicous number of greenzones. They don't have any greenzones and they are doing fine!!

Bugger off from green zones! Once green zones will be removed, people will stop coming to our waters, and PvP will be spread around. Noone will be able to find anyone else. Now at least every day or two someone comes to our waters to fight with us, or to fight each other. Finally people who want to do PvP fight with others who want to do PvP. If you want PvP, come to us :)

Fighting with PvE'rs is not the solution. As I wrote in my original post, a solution is to help PvP'ers find each other. Lack of PvE zone around 1-2 nations is one solution. Another is sending notifications about hostility missions. Good change here. Third one is to inform how many people you can expect in paritcular regions, so that you know there's no use sailing eg. around Bahamas for 3 hours, as there's noone there.

Edited by vazco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Prussia and poland both struggle more than being healthy. While the commonwealth at least has that active PFK clan that sailed in portbattles before (...)

We're not struggling, we're fine and healthy. We didn't have an experienced group that sailed in port battles, only a few people. We're still just building our fleet. Still, it's fine - we have fun and we fight. We hope to get better and bigger with time.

 

I hope that Prussia will find their safe haven like Russians did. We'll gladly help them :) This way Commonwealth will be a main meeting ground for PvP'ers on the server, which is fine with us.

 

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Poland is under swedish protection as of now.

We're not.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Russain empire captured ports that are hard but not impossible to capture! Strategic position was taken.

The pirates have been ganking us up there since we took the island, so it's far from a safe haven!

The Prussians seemed to be holding British ports, I have no idea if that's on purpose or not. The commonwealth has had it hard, they have been attacked left right and centre!

Sverige attacks the Russians when they are fighting pbs with the British, so we know what it's like to be under the cosh.

With the influence of new players it will be interesting to see how the map changes! 

I'll be honest I did also think the commonwealth was under Sverige protection. The commonwealth is In a tricky position, expansion means Conflict with gb, Sverige and the Daines...not to mention the pirates...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way to fix PvP:

Tie all ship crafting, including modules, to the economy.  Everything should require some sort of hauling, in order to put traders on the water.
Reinforcement "Zones" are a crutch.  Reinforcements should be account-bound.  Once you have ever gotten a character to Post Captain, you should not be able to call reinforcements anymore.  Players in merchant vessels should never be able to call reinforcements.

That's it.  That's really all you need to do.  Everything else grows from that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

That is so false. 100% of the PVP server are PVPers one way or another. Hardly anyone wants to exclusively PVE because its mind numbingly boring, hence the PVE server.

PVE will never be big in this game.

*one way or another* is the keyword

If you treat an injury on your hand cause you cut yourself you aint a Doctor.

People who are forced into PvP against their will are not PvPers.

Which is exactly why they are now forced to merge Servers cause by now there is so few people left that both Servers together barely got the Population you had on One Server half a year ago.

 

5-10% of Population is PvPers.

This is not instant. Right now in this Game rlughly 70% are PvPers.

But 30% PvEers cant possibly sustain 70% PvPers. Hence you got no Targets and nothing to do.

So population keeps dropping until you are back to 10% PvPers.

Of course right now PvEers drop faster which is why the Game is practically dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunleader said:

*one way or another* is the keyword

If you treat an injury on your hand cause you cut yourself you aint a Doctor.

People who are forced into PvP against their will are not PvPers.

Which is exactly why they are now forced to merge Servers cause by now there is so few people left that both Servers together barely got the Population you had on One Server half a year ago.

 

5-10% of Population is PvPers.

This is not instant. Right now in this Game rlughly 70% are PvPers.

But 30% PvEers cant possibly sustain 70% PvPers. Hence you got no Targets and nothing to do.

So population keeps dropping until you are back to 10% PvPers.

Of course right now PvEers drop faster which is why the Game is practically dead.

They're PVPers by virtue of being on the PVP server. PVErs are on the PVE server.

The game can survive alone off 100% PVPers, looking at RVR. OW need RVR type objectives then maybe we can leave carebears alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, monk33y said:

Pvp needs better rewards, when I mean better Iean a wider range of rewards. Eg pen mods, speed, boarding etc etc...

PVP needs proper incentives, not just rewards.  The rewards can be sky high but still nobody's going to do it if there isn't a strong motivation in the context of the game/nation.  Port battles are supposed to be something that generates a gathering point for a PVP battle, but with so few players available most of them are uncontested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

They're PVPers by virtue of being on the PVP server. PVErs are on the PVE server.

The game can survive alone off 100% PVPers, looking at RVR. OW need RVR type objectives then maybe we can leave carebears alone.

 

Hahahahaaaa

I would say we are currently seeing how great a Game can survive on 100% PvPers.

 

Servers are practically dead.

We got like 10 Players per Port.

Portbattles are fought as 8vs10.

And most of the Map is Deserted entirely.

 

If they dont start going more PvE soon. This Game will close Servers in 1-2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Hahahahaaaa

I would say we are currently seeing how great a Game can survive on 100% PvPers.

 

Servers are practically dead.

We got like 10 Players per Port.

Portbattles are fought as 8vs10.

And most of the Map is Deserted entirely.

 

If they dont start going more PvE soon. This Game will close Servers in 1-2 years.

8v10 isn't even that bad, the only server that is dead is global and thats because safezones finished off the last opportunity for OW PVP.

If anything devs should get more PVP content going, PVE server isn't doing well enough to warrant more PVE content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

8v10 isn't even that bad, the only server that is dead is global and thats because safezones finished off the last opportunity for OW PVP.

If anything devs should get more PVP content going, PVE server isn't doing well enough to warrant more PVE content

There is no PvE Server.

We got 3 PvP Servers one of which has PvP disabled without adjusting any mechanics and is broken thanks to that.

 

And Mate.

The Huge loss of Players happened when there WAS NO SAFEZONES.

The Biggest Playerbase was when EVERY PORT WAS A SAFEZONE.

 

Get your facts straight ;)

 

 

Well mot that it matters.

With the NA Arena out. This Game is pretty much dead.

Why would anyone play this RPK and ganking infested rubbish when he can gdt proper and fair battles all day long in another Game :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

 

 

And Mate.

 

The Biggest Playerbase was when EVERY PORT WAS A SAFEZONE.

What? I've been playing since December 2015 and I don't remember that.

 

Get your facts straight ;)

 

 

Well mot that it matters.

With the NA Arena out. This Game is pretty much dead.

Why would anyone play this RPK and ganking infested rubbish when he can gdt proper and fair battles all day long in another Game :)

Because part of the fun is hunting or being hunted and not knowing what to expect,  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, monk33y said:

The Prussians seemed to be holding British ports

 Those ports weren't british, all ports in Portobelo, Costa Rica and South Mosquito when captured by Prussia were neutral. Prussians didn't had any contested PB. Once again you give wrong informations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

8v10 isn't even that bad, the only server that is dead is global and thats because safezones finished off the last opportunity for OW PVP.

If anything devs should get more PVP content going, PVE server isn't doing well enough to warrant more PVE content

LOL - its incredible that what made this game good to play has been totally ruined. Once there where several simultanioysly PBs that where filled. We had many battles going on all over the map. And yet players think its a good development. Im simply chocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sunleader said:

But 30% PvEers cant possibly sustain 70% PvPers. Hence you got no Targets and nothing to do. 

What the hell are you talking about? Why PvPers need PvEers? It's not fun to fight PvEr, it's not challenging. NAL shows how much PvE is needed to sustain the game. 

The issue is that there are PvPers, but in most cases they can't find each other, or don't have a reason to fight each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

 

The game can survive alone off 100% PVPers, looking at RVR. OW need RVR type objectives then maybe we can leave carebears alone.

 

Simply .... no. If you want PVP and open world - in other words if you want a MMO - then you need PVE. Only MOBAs survive with only PVP.

Anyway, tot capita tot sententiae, but at least stop telling us fairy tales about leaving carebears alone, since carebears are your source of easy PVP marks.

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, vazco said:

What the hell are you talking about? Why PvPers need PvEers? It's not fun to fight PvEr, it's not challenging. NAL shows how much PvE is needed to sustain the game. 

The issue is that there are PvPers, but in most cases they can't find each other, or don't have a reason to fight each other. 

I guess that is why major PVP clans across nations routinely team up to stomp on smaller clans with far less PVP experience.
Oh my bad. it's because they... you know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think that we need a mechanic that matches players together for a 1vs1 pvp. I really belive that once players get the taste of a pvp match, and not get jumped in their mission, will then search pvp by themselfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fix is called "Naval Action: Legends".

You won't get the lazy and cowardly carebears to do PvP on the OW game, they will always sit in their safe zone and do PvE, instead of seeking out PvP actively. There are several reasons for this. The most important are: 1. They are PvE players that can't handle losing and only fight when they have a ridiculous advantage. It's not even about losing their ship as much as it is about the defeat in combat itself... They want to be fed easy and free victories, no matter AI or Player but with AI it is much easier to get of course...

2. The game doesn't offer much outside of the safe zone, that would encourage going out to fight ( other than the PvP marks that can be alt farmed and bought from real PvP players with the endless amounts of gold that the game forces down your throat ).

So not only are most OW players cowards and people that don't want to go out of their comfort zone to improve their skill and have real and exciting fights in PvP, there is also barely any incentive to go fight ( for example rare resources for ship-building that need to be gathered and hauled from dangerous PvP zones back to your shipyard ). The "PvP" server is basically a PvE server with some RvR ( with there being barely enough players to have meaningful RvR ).

If you want balanced and enjoyable PvP, there is only Legends...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Tie all ship crafting, including modules, to the economy.  Everything should require some sort of hauling, in order to put traders on the water.

This sounds really good, both for the PVE loot situation I happen to dislike strongly and to increase OW activity.

But are we sure we have enough players willing to do the boring stuff at the risk of losing it?

We talk about the sandbox, roles and freedom, but I think very few are happy playing the victim. Most of us want to shoot at ships most of the time, no?

I know RAKERS can't be used as examples of the general population, but I have a few acquaintances outside my group. One of them burned out on crafting already before EA, then to get tired of the PVE grind/PVP ratio later. He's currently playing other things. One other I know did crafting for his clan and they were big time into RvR. You can find him in other games though he pokes his head into NAL.

I'm just sceptical about such OW activities being beneficial to keeping players here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×