Game-Labs Forum

Are All missions open for others to enter

Mike the Mongel

Do missions of any type stay open for anyone to enter and do Cross swords stay visable ?

the reason I ask is I was chasing a US Navy Brig (player) and he was in range to tag but I wanted to get closer.....all of a sudden he stopped, sails still up...crosswords appeared and he disappeared, as soon as he vanished the crosswords vanished as well.

There was no crosswords visable when he stopped to join a mission.....just abit confused on this and not knowing if this is a bug or something else.

23 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

Do missions of any type stay open for anyone to enter and do Cross swords stay visable ?

the reason I ask is I was chasing a US Navy Brig (player) and he was in range to tag but I wanted to get closer.....all of a sudden he stopped, sails still up...crosswords appeared and he disappeared, as soon as he vanished the crosswords vanished as well.

There was no crosswords visable when he stopped to join a mission.....just abit confused on this and not knowing if this is a bug or something else.

missions markers located in protected waters close immediately

39 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

21 minutes ago, admin said:

missions markers located in protected waters close immediately

..and that is a problem. Exactly what mike said. Closing the missions immediately is a good thing (no more hated mission jumping), but an escape point is a bad thing for such a chase.

@admin Plz implement:

If you want to start a mission, then you need to wait 30 secs and after that cooldown you are joining the mission wich is immediately closed. That would solve both problems at once!

(You are attackable on the open world in that 30 secs and you need to stop to join the mission. So in the most cases this isnt a good idea to misuse a mission as escape point)

Edited by Sven Silberbart

19 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

..and that is a problem. Exactly what mike said. Closing the missions immediately is a good thing (no more hated mission jumping), but an escape point is a bad thing for such a chase.

You can only escape like that in un capturable reinforcement zones which is the goal of the system. If he was able to reach uncapturable reinforcement zone/protected zone = he is in safe waters = he ran away.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

You can only escape like that in un capturable reinforcement zones which is the goal of the system. If he was able to reach uncapturable reinforcement zone/protected zone = he is in safe waters = he ran away.

I thought combat and fleet mission are immediately closed doesnt matter where you are. If not than that should be.

2 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

I thought combat and fleet mission are immediately closed doesnt matter where you are. If not than that should be.

Nope if your in hostile or not so friendly water (none safe zones) than you should risk a  chance of running into some one.  They should only instantly close in the capital waters as per what Admin posted. I wasn't there for this, but by the sound on TS they had missions set up and ran to them knowing that it would just disappear even though this was way away in neutral (waters around Shroud Cay) areas.  Might want to test some of this later. I'll get some guys to pull normal missions and watch to see if they disappear in Kidd's waters or something.