Game-Labs Forum

Missions, suggestion for a fix

So in a previous thread i am critical of the current game mechanic regarding missions. I was mainly talking about combat orders but since i did not specify people thought i was also talking about fleet combat orders too. So instead of being critical of the current format, let me give suggestions for a fix or to make mission options better for players.

Combat orders- one or two enemy ai ship missions are great for players to either challenge their skill and boat or to test their ships and tactics. Instead of labeling the missions as midshipmen , ensign, admiral etc etc which can be confusing for new players on "what do these labels really mean" with regard to difficulty. Just make the labels simple and to the point for example.

Combat Orders

7th rate= will have 7th rate boat

6th rate= will have nothing higher than 6th rate boat

5th rate= will have nothing higher than 5th rate boat etc etc you get the picture i hope.

This way the player knows okay, a 3rd rate combat mission will have either a 3rd rate boat or maybe 2 4th rate boats, thats easy to remember and easy to communicate to others. I bet if i said to you right now "Lets do a post captain combat mission" no looking, off the top of your head what rate boats can you expect to see? Most players wont know and agree its kind of confusing.

Fleet Combat Orders

Same as the above but with multiple ships of the same rate or less. One of the problems with some of the current missions is that you choose what you think is the correct tier for your ship but you get one or two teir ships higher than expected.

And of course my suggestion is that we do not place player restrictions on which type of mission they can take for their boat. So if someone wants to bring a victory into a 6th rate mission let them. they are not going to get nearly as much xp and marks as they would with a 1st rate mission anyways so its their choice how they spend their time.

Okay if some people are afraid of other players farming lower rate fleet missions then my suggestion stands for the combat orders and if the devs want to place some rate restrictions on fleet combat orders to avoid farming of some kind then i guess thats reasonable.

anways thats my suggestions for missions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

My own suggestion for missions:

I really would love if I pick a mission on a port, that mission spawn closer to that port because Im still seeing missions on the other side of big islands.

Sometimes I found myself cancelling all my missions I get because of the insane distances.

i agree its fun wenn a mission its nearest my ports, but if all are too much nearest thats the going to finish in a grind missions corean style, realy boring...

in the theme search and destroy personnaly i like the idea of "SEARCH and DESTROY" = sailing and found the objectif,

but now thats only  undock and sunk the ai and comeback and rebegin

and yes in this idea , nearest target of port its better; grinding or not grinding, thats is the questions

I have to say that it tells you for each mission the rate of the ship, in fact you can only join with the ships within the rate of the mission.

My problem as a new player is that the combat order missions matches you with at least 2-3 AI same rate ships on steroids, better reload, accuracy, hp and ready for boarding no preparation needed.

I'm not talking about fleet missions where multiple ships are a given for the reason they are meant for multiple players.

I think at least for the lower rank combat missions one AI same rate ship should suffice and should only scale up with the number of players or player fleet that join same mission.