Game-Labs Forum

Remove ship rating limitations on MISSIONS

So I like to craft even if the crafting is bad sometimes, i built a oak/oak bellona to try one out. I put long cannons on it and thought i should test it in a mission or two. So the game currently forces me to take a mission for a 3 rd rate ship. Key word here, FORCED. I do not have the option to choose a easier mission for this ship to just try it out.

So i get into this mission and i am facing a st pavel 2nd rate. I think to myself..im hello kittyed! There was no way this flimsy ass bellona stood a chance against even an AI pavel. So i left the mission.

So this is not the first time this problem has occurred since the wipe months ago. Gone are the days last year when we could bring any ship we wanted into any mission we wanted, THAT was player freedom of choice and it didnt break the game.

So i think the reason the devs put ship rating limits on missions is to do what they try to best.. they are trying to FORCE players to do things the developers way instead of how the player wants to do them. BIG MISTAKE! The devs want players to be CHALLENGED! They want players in pvp servers to NOT DO PVE missions instead FORCE PLAYERS to get out and PVP. Again BIG MISTAKE.

Devs need to stop putting limitations on players to try and force them to play a certain way because that just frustrates a certain amount of players, they leave and the server suffers for it, fewer people who EVENTUALLY get out there and pvp.

My advice . Remove the limitations on missions. Let players choose whatever mission they want for any ship they have. If a player wants to do an ensign mission in his santisima then that is his business let him have his fun.

More player freedom without breaking the game equal more customers to your game which leads to more players sailing around for pvp eventually.

give it some thought devs!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, rediii said:

I have to say too that When i started the game I allways took a mission 1 rank below mine because the same rank was too hard.

So i think too it would be a good decicion to atleast allow 1 level below your shiptype

Yah on test I said give it a 1-2 rank limit not same tier or lower only.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Missions are indeed too hard and need to be balanced. Nonetheless, I think that ship rate limitation is a good thing, to prevent lots of abuse and griefing done.

Devs should balance the missions difficulty.

The problem is folks are trying to solo fleet missions. they are called fleet missions for a reason.  You should be doing them with a group.  What I don't like is you can't bring a mixed fleet of diffrent players for most ships.

7 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I think that ship rate limitation is a good thing, to prevent lots of abuse and griefing done.

The idea that players would use missions to take advantage for their own gain went right out the window the day the Devs realized and changed mission rewards from just 2 combat marks to 10 and gold rewards from 25,000gold to 100,000 gold reward for the very same mission. The devs realized that forcing players to GRIND hurts the game, it hurts player population etc.

The devs said loud and clear to use missions to get your stuff and get out there more with recent patches. So its kind of hard for players to abuse missions for gold and combat marks when its clearly what devs want players to do, is get more so they stay and go pvp.

Currently missions are flat out broken in what they spawn and the ship rating limits further strangle players ability to use missions as they see fit.

A player who takes a higher teir mission will get a greater reward so the only reason a player will take an EASIER lower tier mission is to maybe test out their boat.

currently with missions limitation players do not have as much freedom to use missions for testing out boats or just having flexibility they want.

I also want to point out that the recent change where players earn much more for missions been a huge win for devs and players, it along with other changes has made server populations double in days! keep winning devs!

Edited by Rebel Witch

10 hours ago, Rebel Witch said:

So I like to craft even if the crafting is bad sometimes, i built a oak/oak bellona to try one out. I put long cannons on it and thought i should test it in a mission or two. So the game currently forces me to take a mission for a 3 rd rate ship. Key word here, FORCED. I do not have the option to choose a easier mission for this ship to just try it out.

So i get into this mission and i am facing a st pavel 2nd rate. I think to myself..im hello kittyed! There was no way this flimsy ass bellona stood a chance against even an AI pavel. So i left the mission.

So this is not the first time this problem has occurred since the wipe months ago. Gone are the days last year when we could bring any ship we wanted into any mission we wanted, THAT was player freedom of choice and it didnt break the game.

So i think the reason the devs put ship rating limits on missions is to do what they try to best.. they are trying to FORCE players to do things the developers way instead of how the player wants to do them. BIG MISTAKE! The devs want players to be CHALLENGED! They want players in pvp servers to NOT DO PVE missions instead FORCE PLAYERS to get out and PVP. Again BIG MISTAKE.

Devs need to stop putting limitations on players to try and force them to play a certain way because that just frustrates a certain amount of players, they leave and the server suffers for it, fewer people who EVENTUALLY get out there and pvp.

My advice . Remove the limitations on missions. Let players choose whatever mission they want for any ship they have. If a player wants to do an ensign mission in his santisima then that is his business let him have his fun.

More player freedom without breaking the game equal more customers to your game which leads to more players sailing around for pvp eventually.

give it some thought devs!

or you could just attack a random AI in Open world of any size

2 hours ago, Archaos said:

A simple solution would be to allow you take any level mission but you do not get any xp or rewards if you are too high level or ship for the mission. That way you could test out a ship against lower missions and it would not be a money generator.

exactly, a great compromise. this gives players OPTIONS!! which is key to making MORE players happy because every player is different, and it also keeps people from abusing it for more gain.

• Like 2

Mission limits are bogus, so is excessive rewards on easy missions.

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Skully said:

PvE ships are worth 0 (prize) money. It takes a player a cookie click to instantiate those, which must not be rewarded.

1. Hard work and skills needs to be rewarded;
  2. A ship sunk counts as battle points both the killer and loser (assist gets some battle points too);
  3. Either (or both)
    1. The money faucet itself should spew 500 gold / minute into the prize pool. (This needs to be adjusted later for the rank of players involved.)
    2. A base reward into the prize pool for the mission itself (which we already have of sorts).
  • Like 1

Supposedly the point of the lock was to prevent ganking by not allowing higher rated ships to jump people in missions.

And as with other such measures (*cough* repairs), it didn't achieve that at all and/or made it worse, such as being unable to help someone who got jumped inside a mission if your ship is too high of a rate.

I would love to see mission cap vanish. Back in the days we could teach new players how combat works by taking low-level missions, so they could learn. This is not possible anymore. Sad.

Also, why are fleet missions always the sam size, no matter how many players join? I would love to see a dynamic BR increase, the more players start a mission.

Furthermore, compared to the gold and xp gained from sinking ships, the rewards from the missions are ridiculously small. They could increase with the distance between mission and port, indicating that missions further away from ports are more dangerous.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shaeberle84 said:

I would love to see mission cap vanish. Back in the days we could teach new players how combat works by taking low-level missions, so they could learn. This is not possible anymore. Sad.

Also, why are fleet missions always the sam size, no matter how many players join? I would love to see a dynamic BR increase, the more players start a mission.

Furthermore, compared to the gold and xp gained from sinking ships, the rewards from the missions are ridiculously small. They could increase with the distance between mission and port, indicating that missions further away from ports are more dangerous.

superb ideas!! and you are spot on, spot on about using missions to teach new players the game and flexibility to choose the difficulty like we had last year was key.

• Like 1

I haven't done many missions myself, so I don't have a good idea as to how the rewards are linked to the ship class and/or BR. However, it would make common sense that if you fight a ship with a much lower BR, your reward should be quite low and vice versa.

So, if the mission cap is removed and your reward is based on the BR instead of the mission ship rate:

1- People who intend to try out a ship without running the risk of losing it would go with a lower rate mission no matter what theirs is and won't expect to get much reward out of it, except for the testing results. Same applies for a veteran training a new player.

2- People who are actually interested in the challenge/higher reward, can choose any mission rate they want and try their luck.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see your other thread Rebel.

Edited by AngryPanCake
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

I do 3th rate missions all the time, but ive never faced a 2th rate..its always a bellona or a 3th rate..

So this might be a bug?

3th rate missions give 3th rate enemies

2th rate give 2th rate..

Are you sure you didnt accidently get a 2th rate mission?

Im sure of it and it happened again a day ago. st pavel in my flag captain mission. with my no upgrades, oak oak bellona its just too much to handle. st pavel should come at commodore missions not flag captain

could be a bug, i f11'd it

Edited by Rebel Witch