Game-Labs Forum

Capturing NPCs

Chefzilla72

I started off my last combat mission with my Surprise and Indefatigable. Going against 1 Cerberus. I ordered my Indef to demast while I worked the Cerbs armor. Shot out her armor and switched to grape. Sent her crew from 240 to 140 and boarded. I had 100% prep and pulled her in and what a surprise that she had 75 marines and 140 crew. Needless to say I lost the boarding action, my Surprise and my Indef. How do marines not count against crew size in NPCs?

That reads 75 marines among the 140 remaining crew, unless something buggy is afoot here. Even 75 marines sounds buggy to me, but maybe some of these mission bots can get crazy (bug) marines count?

Did you have marines or other boarding skills?

Did you click muskets and deck guns then optionally muskets again and waited for bot to stay in brace, or did you go for attack and let him switch to defense?

If you did everything right but still lost due to his insane melee power; next time you find such a bot you can just open a can of beer and range attack him slowly to keep his melee bonus out of play (provided your crew is bigger than his).

TLDR; need more info, screenshots or YT vids are great to enable us to help you better.

• Like 1