Game-Labs Forum

Open World

I think it is less about needing a speed increase and more about just wanting more people to play (or find to kill) in the open world.

Which I recommend everyone helping new players and getting others to play which can then help alleviate the problem of finding other player.

23 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

What's the problem with faster sailing away from the coast? It's not Star Trek Warp, consider it as a stronger wind blowing to your sails, possible addition of studding sails too or extra staysails either. It's not magic.

Of course, it is. Half of the game with an open world is strategic movement. If it lasts a while to get your ships away from your home waters you can be spotted. It's half of the game that the enemy could spot you. If you have your warp engine on the high sea you start at Kingston/Port Royale at a good time to reach Williamstaed after 10 minutes. When the first dutch pubbies have been slaughtered we would disappear to the high sea to make a half circle to  Santa Marta which we would reach in about two minutes and so on. We also can spot poor guys in our high-speed vessels which are sailing along the coast to be "save". We can overrun them before they can react. No one will be able to help them.

Look if you are so disturbed by the open sea wait for Naval Action Legend. This is the thing for you. But please, please let the people who love to sail the open world do their thing without making it just ridiculous.

• Like 2

Seems to be a low population problem which is also exacerbated by people placing their first few bases as far away from the enemy as possible. We have no wars between clans... we have to get nearer to the enemy if you want to fight him and they are the nationals ( PIrates too ) on the other edge of the map

Get your clans to build a base within 30 mins sail of an enemy port 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

1. No one proposed 10 min travel from KPR to Willemstad

2. Willemstad has a safe zone with reinforcements

3. You know what's the 100k distance from port? That's about 20 minutes of sailing with a good wind. Sure, you can magically vanish in 20 minutes and disappear, don't make me laugh. The 100k distance from land is a huge and fair distance. No one will warp or vanish nor disappear in front of you.

You're getting really paranoid about this magic and everything trying to find loopholes that are not existing.

1. Ok, make it 20 minutes then. Or even 30. It does not matter and is not important which time you use. In the moment you have two parallel  "travel zones" it will hurt the game.

2. Dude. It's an example. Don't derail this.

3. Yes, I know. Do you also know that the important point about an open world is that you can be attacked everywhere? Not only in 0 to 100k distances of a shallow? The best hunting and being hunt I had were in the middle of the ocean and not in the stupid range of a port where I or my enemy can hide in front of a port. In the moment you travel time is increased because you are at another position and anyone on the map is not because he is too near to a stupid port the open world is crashed because of an unfair advantage of the warp ship. It kills the balance.

The population is low because the devs keep waffling back and forth trying to figure out and learn how to set up a successful MMO open world naval combat game. the devs are learning but they are very far to go. I keep telling them since they seem so confused and unsure how to make a variety of players happy in an open world mmo, look to EVE Online as an EXAMPLE. I fully support the game having more options for moving ships you dont want to sail manually or having fast travel zones that can also be magnets for pvp. but keeping the integrity of the size and scale of the map (ow manual sailing) is key to ensure the game stays big and vast.