Game-Labs Forum

Open World

Hello ppl!

I have a suggestion for Naval Action maybe it can bring more players back for Caribbean waters!

after patch 11 the game is easier for play actually i returned for the game but i found a problem and it isnt with ship building or anything like that it is about time..for sail around the OW it take hours today i sailed from Bluefields for Aves and took me 4 hours!! my question is..what u guys think about improve ships speed in OW? dont u guys think many ppl left NA cause of the long sailing time required for actually do anything? if they improve the OW speed we could get more fights maybe see more nations growing and fighting each other.. not like it is happening now all nations fighting with their neighbors also lets say ppl have to work lets use myself as example..i get back to home usually at 18:00 im logging in for play usually at 18:30 i have like 5h for play NA every day if i log in for do travels like this and dont do anything else i will get bored and most prob give up from the game right? dont u guys think this could be sorted out? I think in something like Potbs OW speed i dont know why it take to long for sail around..NA dont need to be so realistic in OW at least by ship speed u guys should sort it out im sure this would bring more ppl back for the game! regards sail safe ppl!

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Come on.. if you can't keep up a tag at twice the open world speed you might need another cup of coffee... 

Was just saying that it would at least look funny.

This was suggested more or less from day one, and by now debated countless times. I can see where you and OP are coming from, but like @Peter Goldman stated: there are also good reasons not to do it.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Possible solution:

Increase speeds far away from land. Let's say once you are 100k away from closest shore, then your ship starts going faster and faster. Thus, it won't ruin OW PvP around ports and land and it will fix annoying afk sailing for many hours.

This would make havoc with timecompression. I like the idea but I'm not certain it's feasible..

Another solution would be to bring back TP to freetowns.. Most afk sailing is either when trading or moving from OP to OP.. Rest of the time we're out hunting and I don't like further timecompression there..

Just now, Bearwall said:

This would make havoc with timecompression. I like the idea but I'm not certain it's feasible..

Another solution would be to bring back TP to freetowns.. Most afk sailing is either when trading or moving from OP to OP.. Rest of the time we're out hunting and I don't like further timecompression there..

Could set a zone outside of 100k that automatically deploys visual studded sails like pick relatedUSS_Monongahela_(1862).jpg

which would increase your speed by 25% making intercontinental travel faster while keeping everyone on OW

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

TP to free towns is implemented in the game already. Berwall, many PvP players and RvR players play all around the map, they don't stick to 1 or 2 places. Same goes to traders, have a nice trip to secret island or bermuda. US coast has no free ports nearby. If I told you how many hours weekly I've spent travelling through the open see with nothing in sight... Maybe you would understand the problem.

Not like I'm unaccustomed to AFK travel.. I both hunt, craft, trade and the occassional PB.. But I'm thinking about gameplay as well. Hunting should be timeconsuming the question is however if it takes too much time and in that regard I think it is very much up to the individual.

well this is a point 99% of NA players stay in 1 place make their eco there and thats it increasing OW speed would make ppl leave their area and explore also some times it takes from me all my gameplay time for sail for a place im getting bored of it and i guess many ppl left NA cause of that it is just my own opinion if they sort the OS speed or at least do something for dont take to long for sail from a place to another im pretty sure many ppl would return cause it would bring more pvp on OW and im sure when someone is fliping a port lets say USA is fliping Campeche from brits im sure if brits notice it they would come for fight in OW for avoid a fliping game would be way more funnier AFK sailing and spending hours and hours of sailing will kill this game but it is just my opinion hope u guys understand me :)

Edited by Lancelot Teggin

Just because the open world has opportunities to sail for 4 hours at once doesn't mean players are required to do so.

I have very limited time to play any games.  NA is not the only one I spend my limited time with.

So I would break up a 4 hour sail into several segments and enjoy sailing for about an hour each.  I'm happy knowing that the world is larger than what I can whizz across in minutes.   The long sails and experience of travel is what makes open world ... "Open".   It is distinct from a competitive e-sport game like NA Legends.

There is no need to speed up the game for everyone else just because I'm in a hurry.

• Like 2

it is not about a hurry bro but look the servers population usually it is 150 i never find a enemy usually when im sailing i sail out of the coast what i just see is water water water for 4-5h trust me many ppl left cause of that if Game Labs make a patch changing OS speed NA would return from the glory days believe on me or not

NA have a good eco system i love it i like the PBs and PvP i like everything on this game im saying it for make this game more active we really need ppl on these servers with long sailings taking hours for do at least 1 fight ppl will leave im not saying it by myself only im saying it cause many ppl left cause of that

and dont let this post die pretty sure we can find a solution for it :)

Regards!

Edited by Lancelot Teggin

Just take a look at Global map, specifically to Pirates and Danes.

There is nothing that says, please stick to your safe zone so you never see action.

Nor, please paint all dots.

Go out, go forward fast until you meet action. Do not increase speed, or decrease the world, decrease the area of operations.

Edited by Skully

I think more speed on open sea is good, because need a few hours to go to another point of map, spend more time on travel, but the name is naval action, need more pvp on this game, with mor open sea speed on ships its moregood for pvp, travel and all nations became good because it make war with all nations, no only with nations with base on the midle of map or something.

I spend a lot of time with games but have guys with low time for play.

Edited by Migrator

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Could set a zone outside of 100k that automatically deploys visual studded sails like pick relatedUSS_Monongahela_(1862).jpg

which would increase your speed by 25% making intercontinental travel faster while keeping everyone on OW

I really like this idea. 

We could further this idea by maybe making it an option to use anywhere, but if you get in a battle you start at a disadvantage, like 10%increased cannon reload, or sail yard turning is reduced?

Could help people make choices too? It could a bad idea though, just spitballing really.

3 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Possible solution:

Increase speeds far away from land. Let's say once you are 100k away from closest shore, then your ship starts going faster and faster. Thus, it won't ruin OW PvP around ports and land and it will fix annoying afk sailing for many hours.

It would ruin strategical targeting trading routes... The speed was increased already. The Teleport from Free Ports is back, you can go in and create an outpost in open hostile ports as long the owner is cool with it. That's all that you need. It took me two days going for Aves but not because sailing time was too long, it was because I rested in several ports looking for a hunt (and sailing into a full port battle fleet of RUS, oh my gosh I was thrilled....) on my way. What I want to say. the Open World was, is and hopefully will be a big part of the game. Don't destroy it with "warp six" jumps à la Star Trek or something else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

@Macjimm I'm sorry, after the 2000th hour of watching the same ol' scenery and wave animations float by you might feel a bit differently, even if you're breaking it up into one hour chunks.

I understand your point.  Anything if done too much may get redundant.  I'm a casual player and don't play often or for huge hours in a session.   Perhaps I just don't have enough free time to learn to hate sailing.

I started in Feb 2015 and have about 500 hrs into the game.  I spend less than 1/4 of my time in game actually OW sailing.  So when I have 2000 hours of OW sailing I will have more than 15,000 hours in game.  At my rate of play that will be about 30 years from now.

I'm not very good at arithmetic , but I estimate that I have a very long time to enjoy sailing in OW.  

The speed  in OW is fast enough right now.   Please don't force an increase in speed on everyone,  it would make sailing in OW like riding and tracking spaceships or water rockets.

16 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

What's the problem with faster sailing away from the coast? It's not Star Trek Warp, consider it as a stronger wind blowing to your sails, possible addition of studding sails too or extra staysails either. It's not magic.

Peter, you make a very good point.

I doubt that reducing the 4 hrs of sailing  to 3 hrs 15 min will really satisfy many of the players who are bored.  At least not for very long.

Edited by Macjimm
Added content

26 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

I like what we have now, and enjoy OW sailing.  TP to outposts makes quick travel easy, if you choose your OP wisely and with neutral/free port TPs.  But the option for OW sailing still exists, so again I think today's configuration is a fair compromise for enjoyment.

I agree if you choose your ports wisely its not bad, you only have to do the sail once. Sailing is just a part of the game that i enjoy especialy when i can do other things while i play the game.

• Like 2

bad idea to increase OW speed because in another years time there will be people saying "increase ow speed more" and so on and so on. OW speed makes the map BIG and it also immerses the player more in the vastness of the ocean. Part of keeping the map BIG or speeds slower is to allow all players that option to enjoy its limitations and make choices regarding time and distance. As you make the map smaller or in this case increase speeds over the map, you create a domino affect where the game slowly erodes from being an open world sailing mmo to instead being a fast paced arcade game.

The devs nailed the map size and ow sailing speed perfectly in my opinion, they have much bigger fish to fry and should leave well enough alone.

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 1