Game-Labs Forum

Mortar Brig bug ?

Alanxo

On the occasion of the patch 11.0, the mortar brig has lost much in efficiency.

It no longer has target illumination, which makes the sighting very hazardous because, since the fortifications are on shore, it is impossible to observe the impacts or the sheaves, and the plunging shot does not allow the tracking of trajectories.

Onshore fortifications also prohibit the positioning of the sighting circle, which thus becomes unnecessary.

A mortar must, therefore, resolve to draw at random until obtaining a result and then stick to it.

Is it a desire of the developers, after the strengthening of fortifications, or a simple graphic bug?

At any chance I made a report (F11), but without reaction.

Alanxo

7 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain, the latest report about mortar brig issues was related to another already fixed issue, your character name is the same as forum name?

Do you have a screenshot with the problem?

@Ink While I only shot at forts, not the towers, but the red dot has been removed and since you can't tell where your aim circle is cause of land it's hard to hit on target.  You basicly need a spotter to watch the map and tell you if you hit the fort bar (bow HP) or fort base (structure bar)  we are talking about 50 hits compared to 150 hits to kill a Fort depending which you hit.   Towers use to be easy cause they are same size as your aim circle, but I haven't killed one in PB since I only brought one to one port battle so far.  Neutral ports forts/towers don't fire at you so really only kill them for the faster points.  We have a port battle later today I'll bring my mortar to it and do some F11's for you.  The other thing i noticed if you get the floating port building you get another bug that makes the towers way big and hard to hit (cause you can't see the actual position and hit it).    This also happens when another port battle ends while you in a port battle.  You get a glitch that makes them get big suddenly in battle and the hit box's are off cause it's larger than the small size forts.  If I catch this again I'll F11 it.  I believe I have done F11's on it in the past.  

• Like 2

Hello mates,

I had the same problem when using mortar brig. When shooting on the fort there was no indicator (white circle indicator). The circle only appears when you are aiming on a spot of the water surface. Is this a bug or did the developers it on purpose because it should not be that easy destroying the forts?

Cheers Donjuan

On 16/09/2017 at 11:59 AM, Ink said:

Captain, the latest report about mortar brig issues was related to another already fixed issue, your character name is the same as forum name?

We understood this to mean that this issue was fixed, but it is not. Our mortar brig at Cartagena de Indies could not aim, shoot or even turn the rudder.

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

We understood this to mean that this issue was fixed, but it is not. Our mortar brig at Cartagena de Indies could not aim, shoot or even turn the rudder.

Ask him what key is his brace key.....I have moved mine from H to I cause I use to hit it all the time when I went to board, but when I hit K for Mortar Brig fire I hit the I some times and lock myself up.  That is what it sounds like he has done.  Done it more than once so if that was the case let him know.  The other thing make sure he has a mortar on the ship....don't laugh we had a guy rage cause it wasn't working.  Got to port found out he never put the mortar on the ship or any other guns.

@Ink  Did a port battle last night for Atwood, didn't bring the mortar brig but we got the floating buildings and big tower bug again.  I F11 it and it was under my Sir Texas Sir account.  It seems to happen when two port battles happen at the same time.  When there are no other port battles the towers stay normal.  Haven't pin down the floating buildings, but the towers I noticed get big if another port battle starts after yours does.  

We have two port battles tonight.  Cap Frances for HRYDA on GLOBAL and Grand Turk for my clan BLACK.  I'll see if some one will bring a Mortar Brig at Cap Frances since it's not for our clan I'll do so and see if I can get some screen shots and F11 of no red aim dot and what we are talking about.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 9:58 AM, rediii said:

Our mortarbrig joined point a pitre yesterday. Except of the visualbug that there is a fort inside the fort (F11ned yesterday inside) he was able to shoot turn etc normally.

He didnt get the red marker but just positioned the mark next to the fort on the sea and then moved to the left/right. No problem in killing the fort.

He also came out of brace

The object of this post is the desapearence of the red dot to permit a good aiming of targets on ground.

Evidently, it can be turned by approximative approach of the white circle and needs more time to do that.

But it s a severe nerf of the mortar.

Alanxo

• 4 weeks later...

@Ink 

I have to revive this post since nothing has been done to adress the issue

you know before the wipe months ago when you aim with the mortar brig you had the white circle on water (that we still have) and when you moved the aim on land it became some sort of a red light showing the location where the mortar will hit .. this has been removed and now it is very difficult to hit a tower/fort that is deep in the land .. even judging wether you are in range or not is difficult 

could we please have the red targeting "dot" back?

1 hour ago, John Sheppard said:

@Ink 

I have to revive this post since nothing has been done to adress the issue

you know before the wipe months ago when you aim with the mortar brig you had the white circle on water (that we still have) and when you moved the aim on land it became some sort of a red light showing the location where the mortar will hit .. this has been removed and now it is very difficult to hit a tower/fort that is deep in the land .. even judging wether you are in range or not is difficult 

could we please have the red targeting "dot" back?

This issue is in work yet.