Game-Labs Forum

Clan mails bugged

Anolytic

Since the patch it has apparently been impossible for clans to send out clan mails to their players. With the exception of very small clans.

Since the patch RDNN has sent out 3 clan mails, only to realise today that none of them reached our members. With the update, the addressee field in the in-game mail system was limited to 255 characters. Which means that for my clan the first 22 members on the clan list get any clan-mail sent out, and the 23rd member has his name cut in half so does not get the message either. This made it hard to realise, since all of the officers would get the messages, whereas any newer members would not get them.

When I try to send a clan-mail only the first 22 and a half members of the clan whose names fit in the addressee box gets listed as recipients. Sending the mail only sends it to the first 22 members of the list.

I F11d this too, but it is hard to attach a proper illustration, as the F11 does not work when the mails are selected on the screen.

• Like 3

My clanmates discovered the same problem today when I asked them about a message I sent. This is a really annoying mistake.

Either increase the "To:" field limit to large enough to fit 250 members in a clan or add a sub-system that automatically generates multiple messages when the field gets bigger than 255 characters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Any chance this will be fixed before new nations arrive? As far as I'm concerned this is the single most critical bug since the update to Unity 5, and it has been persistent for several weeks now. It is vital for clans discussing or deciding to change nation to be able to communicate with their members about it. This may be a hidden and not very high-profile bug, but it is absolutely critical, and crippling to gameplay for a lot of players and clans. This bug should have higher priority than any other bug and than any new feature in my opinion.

• Like 3