Game-Labs Forum
admin

Work in progress: Working title.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:26 AM, BungeeLemming said:

Working title? My suggestion:

leadded seas!

With the ammount of shot flying around if all the main and secodary gun batteries are going at it? dam thats gonna be crazy.

And I really really like the idea of designing my own Batleship. Ive seen such a game bevore on youtube but cant possibly remember its name.. It was a really old title tho..

You are possibly thinking of Rule the Waves from NWS, already mentioned above.  Really not that old (2015), but sacrifices graphics for having just about everything else you could ever dream of in a wargame / sim for this era.  Really the only things missing are beautiful 3D ships (with first person bridge  and gunnery views), seas, coastlines and weather conditions. (hint, hint Gamelabs ;) Small order, right?)

Here is a nice overview of previous PC games for this era:

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/the-wargamers-guide-to-ww1-naval-wargames/

p.s. title suggestion: Rise of the Dreadnoughts

Edited by akd

Out of curiosity, why try to compete with world of warships? I don't think you are going to draw too many of their customers with a similar game. Think you guys would be better off actually getting naval action running smoothly and released than developing a clone of world of warships. Just my 0.02

40 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Out of curiosity, why try to compete with world of warships? I don't think you are going to draw too many of their customers with a similar game. Think you guys would be better off actually getting naval action running smoothly and released than developing a clone of world of warships. Just my 0.02

What if it is something like Rule the Waves and not WoWs ? There's more games out there than meets the eye :)

16 hours ago, Malachy said:

Not everyone wants cartoon themed ( anime ) ships in a game like WOWS has.

From my understanding they plan on allowing players to design their own ships unlike WOWS where you only choose modules.

Assuming there are more planned in detail features.

It does not seem like they are planning on a WOWS clone

It would be like calling NA legends a clone of skull and bones

32 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Not everyone wants cartoon themed ( anime ) ships in a game like WOWS has.

From my understanding they plan on allowing players to design their own ships unlike WOWS where you only choose modules.

Assuming there are more planned in detail features.

It does not seem like they are planning on a WOWS clone

It would be like calling NA legends a clone of skull and bones

Na doesn't have a single new concept. It's a mishmash of several previous age of sail games, borrowing most heavily from potbs. I guess I don't expect anything different from anything else they do.

6 hours ago, Malachy said:

Na doesn't have a single new concept. It's a mishmash of several previous age of sail games, borrowing most heavily from potbs. I guess I don't expect anything different from anything else they do.

Not that I'm a big fan of how NAOW is being handled., but it does not have to be a new concept as long as its executed better than the competition.

I hope it's based on NA now and stays clear of WoWs. I very much looking forward to this new game!!  I just read a little more on this; if it comes close to the original Silent Hunter it will be a fantastic game, I really liked the crew improvement and promotions and medals in SH. The better the crew, the ship performance increases.

A few names I suggest would be;  Iron hearts,  Rule the Waves,  Naval  or just Swords and Guns, Naval Horizons, Hearts of oak and iron (after the Navy song). Ok it's starting to sound corny.  

Edited by Buba Smith

Silent Hunter 4 outstanding game shame multiplayer was a drag to get working

5 hours ago, Custard said:

Silent Hunter 4 outstanding game shame multiplayer was a drag to get working

Yes I remember that, I chose SH original it seemed to work best.