Game-Labs Forum

Politics and PBs (Patch 11/12 - "Clan Wars")

Teutonic

From what I heard, Legends is what small battles were, but worse.

Interesting to see that somehow finally there is talk to a "thunderdome" who would have thought lol.

Anyway, beside all the bantering if you want updates please post here or message me and I will update diplomacy as soon as possible. Also we need more juicy port battles and pvp engagements screenies. Please post your fights!

Seriously if you guys can - encourage folks to come back and try the game. This patch has really helped players I know enjoy the game once again. The only issue left seems to be the low population, if more players came back to play, more action can take place.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Seriously if you guys can - encourage folks to come back and try the game. This patch has really helped players I know enjoy the game once again. The only issue left seems to be the low population, if more players came back to play, more action cam take place.

Game tends to do well with 200+ players on at some point of the server daily cycle.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

From what I heard, Legends is what small battles were, but worse.

Interesting to see that somehow finally there is talk to a "thunderdome" who would have thought lol.

Anyway, beside all the bantering if you want updates please post here or message me and I will update diplomacy as soon as possible. Also we need more juicy port battles and pvp engagements screenies. Please post your fights!

Seriously if you guys can - encourage folks to come back and try the game. This patch has really helped players I know enjoy the game once again. The only issue left seems to be the low population, if more players came back to play, more action can take place.

Yah it was laggy as hell and that was me comparing my US ping to some one in Germany in a fight and we both had same issues.  Maybe they will fix those by next weekend when they open it again.  I know we will prob loose some guys to it, but they are the guys that never really show up expect just for the SOL fights.  They are going to be upset when they find out they actually have to grind out ships to get to those big ships in that game too.

If you want to update pirates it's pretty much the same as always.  The unwritten allaince with Danes (think most clans on both sides agree with it).  The OW PvP with all nations other wise.  While we might be attacking US right now we aren't actually at war with them.  Next week it might be Brits who know so just put OW PvP for all other nations.  

For most  I think this is a great patch but I fear many got burned out or just wants something more to bring them back.  I don't see us being big in RvR this time around other than defense and a few fun arranged fights.  Though that all depends on the other clans in our nation and how well they get numbers up.  Maybe it's time to let some one else step in to the spot light for the pirates.  Now OW PvP that a different story...lol

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Game tends to do well with 200+ players on at some point of the server daily cycle.

When we where runing around the 200-300 mark I think we where doing really good and it was staying pretty solid at those numbers most of the day.   I hearing a lot of complaints on the EU side of folks that prob should be over on the GLOBAL server so maybe we will get some increase of players that aren't happy over there, we can only wish.  

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When we where runing around the 200-300 mark I think we where doing really good and it was staying pretty solid at those numbers most of the day.   I hearing a lot of complaints on the EU side of folks that prob should be over on the GLOBAL server so maybe we will get some increase of players that aren't happy over there, we can only wish.  

Would like to see one more North American based clan in Danmark since DICS disappeared. See a French and Dutch revival as well.

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Would like to see one more North American based clan in Danmark since DICS disappeared. See a French and Dutch revival as well.

Danes need some more US prime time players.  Hell just about every nation except ya'll and Brtis need SEA/AU players.  Every one needs EU players.   I'll be honest with folks when the wipe came pirates didn't get any clans from EU like we expected.  The numbers we did get was a few returning players and a few new players and two of those clans went Spain.  We prob have less numbers than we had in the past.  This is why I really wish the devs would do a cenus of the nations and log ins to shut folks up that keep thinking we are the largest nation.  Right now my guess is this it the break down of the sever.

GB - Stronger all around.  Only nation that has fielded full in both time zones and more than one teams at once.  If carebears showed up.

US - Was number one but recent lost of some clans and GB gaining them dropped down. Same problem above with carebears.  They have the numbers, just getting them out of the ports to fight.

Pirate/Danes have pretty much always been third and close in numbers. One has a very strong RvR clan the other has a very strong SEA/AUS presence.  

Spain/French/Dutch - once more to about the same handful dozen or two players.

Now how good they are on RvR that is a different story.  I'm pretty sure the top three (well 4) are going to be the main ones, but we  can be gentalmen about it and during off times and smaller nations maybe bring in a lower number in arranged fights.  Your main defence attacks you bring every thing, but the arranged fights we can set up say 12 vs 12 if one side can't fill a full 25.  Since those ports aren't important and prob will trade hands a lot.

"Let's go and grab West End from MARS!!!"

SCAR is at war with MARS.

And there we went, nicely sailing up north towards West End.

After a mission of clubbing AI... "Oi! This port ain't West End! What's with this Skully?"

"Ehr... yes, slight change of plans. MARS ran away before we got there. So we are now in fact attacking Bimini."

"Whut!? That wasn't the plan." And the Horde scattered in search of other trinkets...

Can MARS please stick up in a place somewhere so I can keep the Horde's attention on it long enough? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Skully said:

"Let's go and grab West End from MARS!!!"

SCAR is at war with MARS.

And there we went, nicely sailing up north towards West End.

After a mission of clubbing AI... "Oi! This port ain't West End! What's with this Skully?"

"Ehr... yes, slight change of plans. MARS ran away before we got there. So we are now in fact attacking Bimini."

"Whut!? That wasn't the plan." And the Horde scattered in search of other trinkets...

Can MARS please stick up in a place somewhere so I can keep the Horde's attention on it long enough? Thanks.

HOLLY CRAP YOU NOW KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE IN BLACK.....lol

I swear some of my clan members are ADD or something if there isn't players or SOL to fight they are like...."OH look shineys." and of doing other things.

Though with that i got asked a lot yesterday, "Are we going to let the Danes take Bimini?   My answer was, "Well would you prefer a nation we get along with or DD and the US next to us?"   Ya'll are more than welcome to take it.  Would be nice to see more Danes in those waters and part of the action.  That is an easy port to flip, the problem is getting folks over there and to the port battle once you do.

• Like 2

I do empathize with both you @Sir Texas Sir and you @Skully. Maybe “herding cats…” is also a leaders role.

Give them more work to occupy their wondering minds, or let me find something for them to do…

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22844-pvp-global-elan-open-world-recruitment/

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

I do empathize with both you @Sir Texas Sir and you @Skully. Maybe “herding cats…” is also a leader a role.

Give them more work to occupy their wondering minds, or let me find something for them to do…

Well, herding the British Bulldogs is relatively easy.

I'm always open to provide more choices to the Horde. Feel free to propose them.

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Not many bulldogs in the GB nation.  Most are too busy doing fleets or too scared to fight.  Very shameful 

Think people forget it's a war game, and as a diplomat it's pretty boring when everyone is wearing fluffy slippers, holding hands and giving each other cuddles,

im all for the health of the server and helping and nurturing smaller nations to grow but a huge portion of us play this game to shoot cannon balls at each other.

and if loosing one port kills a big nation like GB or US with resonable population then there is bigger issue that needs addressing.

all of you need to pull heads out of your rectum and be prepared to lose some pixels I can name 2 ships you could have ready to go with mediums in less than an hour of PVE with a bow figure that Is all you need.

So what you scared of loosing now? 

And to all the clans who don't work together and charge each other for ships and repairs seriously need to consider how much you hinder each other as players. There are few clans that can make this work successfully 

to all nations you need to embrace your newbies and help them grow it's not up to other nations to protect your newbies and teach them the game it's great that we do this as community but it won't help with player retention that's fact 

rant over 😡

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Think people forget it's a war game, and as a diplomat it's pretty boring when everyone is wearing fluffy slippers, holding hands and giving each other cuddles,

im all for the health of the server and helping and nurturing smaller nations to grow but a huge portion of us play this game to shoot cannon balls at each other.

and if loosing one port kills a big nation like GB or US with resonable population then there is bigger issue that needs addressing.

all of you need to pull heads out of your rectum and be prepared to lose some pixels I can name 2 ships you could have ready to go with mediums in less than an hour of PVE with a bow figure that Is all you need.

So what you scared of loosing now? 

And to all the clans who don't work together and charge each other for ships and repairs seriously need to consider how much you hinder each other as players. There are few clans that can make this work successfully 

to all nations you need to embrace your newbies and help them grow it's not up to other nations to protect your newbies and teach them the game it's great that we do this as community but it won't help with player retention that's fact 

rant over 😡

I agree with a fair bit of this, sadly there are many who thought we were getting "clan wars" and the ability to sort out differences within a nation. If we had known for sure we would be forced into infantile national agreements over which clan from which nation we could attack and at what time... we could have split of into the smaller nations for more fun

Sadly, we would all need to go Pirate to be free of forced diplomacy and there are clans on GB who would have probably forged paper to safety by now if clan wars had really started

• Like 2

937F1C42151472258F3694E572A23892E61193C8

bit late but here is a screen shot of the US vs GB at Islamabad not a win this time, a few of our numbers couldn't make it unfortunately  

o7 US players good on you for bringing 25 we'll cya again soon :P 

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Vizzini said:

I agree with a fair bit of this, sadly there are many who thought we were getting "clan wars" and the ability to sort out differences within a nation. If we had known for sure we would be forced into infantile national agreements over which clan from which nation we could attack and at what time... we could have split of into the smaller nations for more fun

Sadly, we would all need to go Pirate to be free of forced diplomacy and there are clans on GB who would have probably forged paper to safety by now if clan wars had really started

Just remember there is no alliance system to force you into these alliance. If you don't care for the care bear alliance than don't follow it.  Attack who ever you want, take what ever port you want.  Fight the clans that are doing these things and the other side do the same.  This was something in the past those in US and GB couldn't do, now since it's more clan base you can attack those other nations clans since they can't force you into an alliance

Might want to change US and SOME GB Clans to Carebear alliance.  Looks like we're going to return to the same idiotic alliance blocks against the pirates that ruined this server twice now.  These dopes never learn.  

VCO will of course not honor any alliances between GB and the US.  We feel a server with a population of 200 or less cannot afford to have 2 of the largest player bases allied together and still remain a healthy server.  Unfortunately the snowflakes don't agree (which is why they consistently fail).

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Might want to change US and SOME GB Clans to Carebear alliance.  Looks like we're going to return to the same idiotic alliance blocks against the pirates that ruined this server twice now.  These dopes never learn.  

VCO will of course not honor any alliances between GB and the US.  We feel a server with a population of 200 or less cannot afford to have 2 of the largest player bases allied together and still remain a healthy server.  Unfortunately the snowflakes don't agree (which is why they consistently fail).

The pirates have won the last two seasons so of course it's absurd for the two nations, that lost the last two seasons, to ever be friends against the strongest players on the server. This is the second time you have called us "Carebears" but I don't recall VCO being there when we were in an RvR war with the Pirates. Just man up and say it, SORRY doesn't want to fight it's friends. Why should CKA fight it's friends (NPG, DD?)

You are free to fight who you want, but understand that you will likely be alone in fighting the U.S. and they do have more players than you. 

CKA will maintain our agreement to OW conflict with the U.S. and friendly RvR on the ports west of Florida. But we will not throw away valuable ships that can be used in a real conflict. 

Edited by Galt
Addendum

53 minutes ago, Galt said:

The pirates have won the last two seasons so of course it's absurd for the two nations, that lost the last two seasons, to ever be friends against the strongest players on the server. This is the second time you have called us "Carebears" but I don't recall VCO being there when we were in an RvR war with the Pirates. Just man up and say it, SORRY doesn't want to fight it's friends. Why should CKA fight it's friends (NPG, DD?)

You are free to fight who you want, but understand that you will likely be alone in fighting the U.S. and they do have more players than you. 

CKA will maintain our agreement to OW conflict with the U.S. and friendly RvR on the ports west of Florida. But we will not throw away valuable ships that can be used in a real conflict. 

VCO was there at all the fully contested PBs. PaP when only half of the expected CKA members showed up and also at GT where CKA refused to assist us and instead decided to take on Savanna La Mar with MBs instead of actually using lone ships and forfeited our efforts at GT and lost the port.  Remember those fights?

VCO has lost more ships defending and attacking ports for GB than most of the other clans combined.  This is a fact.  Time and time again we have been called spies and disruptive to the nation, yet we have consistently been the tip of the spear against the pirates (and the French) and have been hung out to dry multiple times by carebears clans like yours who would rather do first rate fleets in mortar brigs than grind ports and fight BLACK.  

In a server this small we do not feel that allying ourselves with the other largest nation on Global is healthy for the server and it will stifle content, as seen in the past couple of wipes.  You choose to make the same mistakes over and over, such as allying with the US instead of banding together within the nation and using the US to practice port battles against.  This is why you always lose.  If BLACK decides to continue where they left off last patch and bully other nations and manipulate them as they have in the past, we will take aims to correct that.  However right now the server is healthy and PVP is plentiful.  I say we keep it that way.

While we do not have aims to march up the east coast, we do feel that the keys and western Florida should be contested and not given up to appease your US masters.  If VCO does not receive help from its fellow clans against the US, those clans will receive zero VCO support with the most feared BLACK clan.  And they are coming.

Right now you need us more than we need you.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

VCO was there at all the fully contested PBs. PaP when only half of the expected CKA members showed up and also at GT where CKA refused to assist us and instead decided to take on Savanna La Mar with MBs instead of actually using lone ships and forfeited our efforts at GT and lost the port.  Remember those fights?

You are right about PaP, CKA didn't have the number available that day to be much help. As for Savannah, it was made apparent to the clans that a united Jamaica was the most important goal. Once we had Savannah la Mar, thanks due to ARMED, we took GT. AS discussed. 

VCO has lost more ships defending and attacking ports for GB than most of the other clans combined.  This is a fact.  

To the AI maybe. CKA, and I am sure you can ask any of the pirates about this, were the clan that often ran out of Parrot Cay to harass MT. We still make an effort to show up to the U.S. port battles (I hear we had some guys at Nassau.) This reset is the longest I have gone from being away from rat waters in a loooong time. There is a reason players like Pit(CKA) and Cuzn(AGW) are always at the top of the PvP leaderboards. I don't recall seeing your names there much at all. It's because we are always on the front lines with what you yourself have called the bigger fight. 

...we have consistently been the tip of the spear against the pirates (and the French) and have been hung out to dry multiple times by carebears clans like yours who would rather do first rate fleets in mortar brigs than grind ports and fight BLACK.  

I find it hard to consider you the "tip of the spear" when rats are based in MT, and you are based in western Mexico. I don't doubt that you ever made the sail for PvP, I would bet good money you were out there less than we were. I don't want this to turn into some clan dick-swinging contest so I won't respond to any more insults, just the logic behind why feel the way we do.  We do mortar brig missions to grind marks, to build ships, to fight BLACK. But I am sure you noticed how many times we attempted to take Savannah la Mar, and how many times we attempted to take GT. We won eventually, but I feel it's willful ignorance to claim that we were doing anything. 

In a server this small we do not feel that allying ourselves with the other largest nation on Global is healthy for the server and it will stifle content, as seen in the past couple of wipes.  You choose to make the same mistakes over and over, such as allying with the US instead of banding together within the nation and using the US to practice port battles against.  This is why you always lose.  If BLACK decides to continue where they left off last patch and bully other nations and manipulate them as they have in the past, we will take aims to correct that.  However right now the server is healthy and PVP is plentiful.  I say we keep it that way.

We have already discussed practicing port battles with the U.S. which I am sure SKMARSH can fill you in on; he was in the meeting. "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." There is a reason that saying exists. Fighting everyone and refusing to work out agreements is pure chaos where only the strongest individuals survive (BLACK.) Where if you can work together beyond your borders and push from multiple angles you will see much more success. Historically, we have just been really shit about working together but now it just looks like VCO is the only one not with the program so I have high hopes. I am happy with the RvR we are getting and I don't expect to let that go. We will contest Guacata and wherever else we feel like, but the thing is we let them know we are doing it so everyone gets a chance to prepare and be there. 

If VCO does not receive help from its fellow clans against the US, those clans will receive zero VCO support with the most feared BLACK clan.  And they are coming.

Right now you need us more than we need you.

VCO will not receive help in attack Americans outside what has been agreed on, from CKA, period. You yourself said that BLACK was the real enemy, because where else would you have been able to lose so many ships? The U.S. are not a professional fighting force (yet) but you claim to have lost sooo many ships. The rats were the only others we were fighting, so clearly you see them as a threat. To ignore that threat, which you have already established, is illogical in the highest sense. Refusing to fight them will not help your image (rat sympathizes.) Yes they are coming which is why we are doing everything we can to prepare ourselves and station assets where they will be the most useful. VCO is not the largest, nor the most skilled, clan in GB. Neither is CKA. But I, personally, feel like this can be done without you and I expect it will if your refusal to follow the rest of the nation continues. 

I understand the deals you made and I don't have any issue with those. It was self preservation and I totally understand that and I think you should do what you can to keep what ports you can. But fighting the wrong enemy is a good way to get double teamed. If VCO isn't going to help the nation, then I doubt you can expect the nation to help you in return. We have made our intentions quite clear and it's up to you to decide how you want to progress. In this end, this is a game. A game we all (VCO, CKA, U.S., BLACK) love and enoy spending the amount of time we do playing it. I can't tell you what to do and how you should play your game, I can only let you know that the rest of the group you decided to join is going a certain direction and we'd like to you join us. But that remains completely up to you. 

*sits here eating his popcorn reading*  Gee guys ya'll make us sound like the White Walkers and this is Game of Thrones. 

"BLACK IS COMING."   

Than again it is very much like Game of Thrones with how much the Nationals and clans all back stab each other and fight over who's King and what not....dang out of popcorn, better go back some more while I wait for us to get attack so we actually have a reason to fire up the Iron Fleets again.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2