Game-Labs Forum

Politics and PBs (Patch 11/12 - "Clan Wars")

Teutonic

BLACK SATURDAY WAS A FAILURE FOR THE KING OF CROWNS ALLIANCE

Carta PB - Pirates Win - Christendom leading.  Unknown who was calling for the brits.

The mortar brig strat was a little hairy, but we successfully sucked them into the channel and they of course had nowhere to go.  

a4a21593bb3c0ecb225a9a03e65b2bae.jpg

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

Port de Paix - 7200 BR
Pirates Successfully Defend vs French

DE8BE4ABEB6AFCB5158D0861AB4CEA82212AF68F

Good evening all,

It was my duty and pleasure to command the defense of Port-de-Paix on Nov 18, 2017. This was a long, engaging, and bloody battle which concluded with the destruction of the French fleet.

This was my second time calling Port-de-Paix against the French. The fleets were of similar composition as before, with the addition of a mortar brig on the French side. Unlike the previous encounter wherein Pirates had excellent wind advantage, the Pirate fleet was at the mercy of the wind blowing straight from La Tortue towards Port-de-Paix. The French joined near La Tortue, and the Pirates crept up the coast to the edge of the circle nearest Tortue. Pirate light ships were deployed to capture circles to the west.

The French fleet took excellent advantage of wind and mortar brig to drive us from our initial position. I myself was demasted at the very start, but was fortunately able to repair quickly and remain relevant. Pirates engaged in a slow sail northwards to draw the fleets together; as the French approached the Port-de-Paix coast we wore westward to keep pace with their line. Shots were exchanged on all sides, but no demasts or decisive actions were achieved.

Given the wind direction, the next part of the battle was a series of downwind/westward wears by the pirate fleet as we continued to pace and batter the French fleet. Once the pirates were forced out of their home circle, we became separated into two groups. Both groups were skilled and fortunate enough to stay alive and reunite at the center circle.

From that point on, it was a brawl in and around the center circle, a full 90-minute fight wherein neither side achieved 1000 points. Pirate light ships engaged French light ships, ensuring the French did not gain points via circles though they had two captured. Through bitter struggle, the pirates gained a slight ship advantage that slowly snowballed into victory.

Both sides showed themselves excellently, and a big thank-you to everyone who showed up! I am glad to have taken part. Some of our members were worn out from a port battle just an hour previous; apologies for any frustrations on our side since it was only my second time commanding a port battle. 

• Like 8

Nassau - 2500 BR

Pirates Successfully Defend vs United States

A7930EF9AF62FFF01A060A2D5EF05BA4EB022B24

The US seemed to have some trouble skirting the fort, but eventually got into the first circle.

Not sure what to say about this one. The port battle was a quick affair, being a brawl around the first encounter circle. Pirates won on points and enemies sunk.

This port battle occurred an hour before the defense of Port-de-Paix, and 90 minutes before the defense of Cartagena. Somehow we pulled off all 3, so many thanks to everyone who rallied to the black!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Doug Maoz said:

Nassau - 2500 BR

Pirates Successfully Defend vs United States

The US seemed to have some trouble skirting the fort, but eventually got into the first circle.

Not sure what to say about this one. The port battle was a quick affair, being a brawl around the first encounter circle. Pirates won on points and enemies sunk.

This port battle occurred an hour before the defense of Port-de-Paix, and 90 minutes before the defense of Cartagena. Somehow we pulled off all 3, so many thanks to everyone who rallied to the black!

I would guess they where trying to buy time and tie us up in this one.  As that is the only thing I can think of why they just sat in the circle.  They came in late too, 6 mins was all ready passed so we had all ready gotten to all the circles and started to cap them.    I get coming in late for tactics, but you can't do your whole team being late.  I noticed the coming in late has been happening a lot so not sure they just can't get the group ready and on the go, which we had issues with too so understand how much a pain that is specially with the new BR rules, but you got to be ready, grouped and on the way before it starts.  

Cart on the other hand they put a hurt to us with those Mortar Brigs, but I think they held back a bit to much on there forces or they could of done a lot more damage early one.  Once we got them dedicated into that channel it was on.  I'm so not bring L'ocean any more as I keep spending half the battle in wind or trying not to sink....lol  That is defiantly a Victory type of port battle.  It was good to pop back in last night and get into some fights.  New job starting up I won't be around prime time much so glad some of the guys been stepping up to the plate and calling these battles.  Good job over all and same for the US/GB/French for bring fights, but would nice if they would actually fight each other once in a while.  For the 100th time US and GB needs the practice and it's better for them to get it on equal skilled players than loosing all the time to the more elite players.  Helps moral to win once in a blue moon.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2017 at 1:27 AM, Doug Maoz said:

Given the wind direction, the next part of the battle was a series of downwind/westward wears by the pirate fleet as we continued to pace and batter the French fleet. Once the pirates were forced out of their home circle, we became separated into two groups. Both groups were skilled and fortunate enough to stay alive and reunite at the center circle.

From that point on, it was a brawl in and around the center circle, a full 90-minute fight wherein neither side achieved 1000 points. Pirate light ships engaged French light ships, ensuring the French did not gain points via circles though they had two captured. Through bitter struggle, the pirates gained a slight ship advantage that slowly snowballed into victory.

French were doing quite well hiding the initial targets of engagements - at least one target managed to almost fully repair and re-engage. French also scored the first kill by isolating one of the ships. Not surprising considering they had the wind advantage for most of the fight. 

It's surprising that we managed to reverse such significant enemy advantages and win.

Both sides showed themselves excellently, and a big thank-you to everyone who showed up! I am glad to have taken part. Some of our members were worn out from a port battle just an hour previous; apologies for any frustrations on our side since it was only my second time commanding a port battle. 

You did incredibly well despite the adrenaline, pressure and adapting to situations. 

This was the first time I lost a First Rate in a port battle, and I would gladly repeat the experience to have such a glorious battle. I managed to position for some good trades, placed the last few broadsides into the enemy flagship, and went on to capture an enemy ship while sinking. Goodbye Santisima, you served me well. 

Salute to the French, great fight.

xsoRoS6.jpg

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, George Washington said:

What happened to Brits? Jesus. Way to go Pirates!

I don't think the brits actually expected us to defend both at the same time.  Luckily we had to call in the banners, but we did.  This was a kind of a troll fleet from them and while the tactic was interesting, it was a gimmick.  They would of been better serviced by bringing in big boy ships and brawling.  This was unfortunately how they went about battles while we were still brit and one of the reasons we switched.  Sometimes you just gotta duke it out and their unwillingness to do so is continually why they lose fights.  

I miss the battles with more of the ARMED guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I don't think the brits actually expected us to defend both at the same time.  Luckily we had to call in the banners, but we did.  This was a kind of a troll fleet from them and while the tactic was interesting, it was a gimmick.  They would of been better serviced by bringing in big boy ships and brawling.  This was unfortunately how they went about battles while we were still brit and one of the reasons we switched.  Sometimes you just gotta duke it out and their unwillingness to do so is continually why they lose fights.  

Might need to start rethinking what ships to take for each wind condition. New changes will impact PBs greatly. Read this:

Edited by George Washington

5 hours ago, George Washington said:

What happened to Brits? Jesus. Way to go Pirates!

Apparently they though they could sink me..>>AGAIN<<<  I swear I'm going to stop bring Dead in a l'cean all he does at cart is, "STOP SINKING TEX GO HIDE."  LOL  Man they screwed me up though, but it drawed fire from the other guys that got hit by them first.  All we needed was to draw them to the point of no return.

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Yah like what we talked about how it would of been better for them, but I sure as hell not going to tell them that.  Oh and I have the Victory ready there on Texas now...screw that small channel and tug boats.  Though sadly I start new job 2nd shift tomorrow so unless it's a Sunday port battle I won't be making many.

With that I"m glad i took the time off and got some of the other guys in clan to step up and take charge. I'll still be around just will be not on during normal prime time for the most part.

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Apparently they though they could sink me..>>AGAIN<<<  I swear I'm going to stop bring Dead in a l'cean all he does at cart is, "STOP SINKING TEX GO HIDE."  LOL  Man they screwed me up though, but it drawed fire from the other guys that got hit by them first.  All we needed was to draw them to the point of no return.

Yah like what we talked about how it would of been better for them, but I sure as hell not going to tell them that.  Oh and I have the Victory ready there on Texas now...screw that small channel and tug boats.  Though sadly I start new job 2nd shift tomorrow so unless it's a Sunday port battle I won't be making many.

With that I"m glad i took the time off and got some of the other guys in clan to step up and take charge. I'll still be around just will be not on during normal prime time for the most part.

It was entertaining seeing you limp past our group with half your masts and almost sinking......for the 2nd time in a row at carta.  They just like you I guess.

I didn't know how to talk across the lines at the time but if I had you would have seen a "WITNESS MEEEE" and a "into the valley of death sailed the four" from me. ;)

(it would have been into the valley of death sailed FIVE but Quigley is Quigley.)

Edited by TheHaney
  • Like 1

Update:

Due to less enjoyment overall recently, history repeating again with the same boring alliances, and legends now out in beta for everyone to get their instant pvp enjoyment. I am ending diplomacy updates after this one. 

US - allied with GB and "France group 1"

War with pirates

GB - allied with US and "France group 1"

War with pirates

Pirates - In OW conflict or war with everyone but multiple different groups in the pirate nation.

France - there are 2 main groups.

Group 1. Allied with the US and GB and at war with pirates

Group 2. Friendly with the United provinces and at war with pirates/sweden/denmark

Dutch - war or OW conflict against pirates/denmark/sweden. Friendly with France. Neutral with the rest.

Spain - OW conflict with everyone

Denmark - "sleeping" but war with france/dutch/brits. Friendly with sweden to a degree

Sweden - war or OW conflict with everyone except some groups in denmark.

Russia - ow conflict with everyone, but may have personal pacts with other players.

Prussia - they have a neutral status with most of everyone it seems to allow for them to expand peacefully, no real intentions to attack anyone otherwise.

Poland - not enough players to make a diplomacy but if there was, poland is friendly to france, neutral to everyone else

------------------

I'll update the main post soon.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 12:00 AM, TheHaney said:

I didn't know how to talk across the lines at the time but if I had you would have seen a "WITNESS MEEEE" and a "into the valley of death sailed the four" from me. ;)

(it would have been into the valley of death sailed FIVE but Quigley is Quigley.)

I know I don't speak for all of pirate nations, but I would like to say two things.  We are greatly sorry that you now have to deal with Mumbo Jumbo (Quigley) and we would like to also say.....>>THANK YA"LL FOR NOW HAVING TO DEAL WITH HIM<<<<  lol  Sorry man he's been a pain in our arse since pre-wipe.   Just wait until he starts crashing into you and shooting your own team mates in a battle.  

On 11/28/2017 at 4:57 AM, JT Scott said:

I was told that Rincon was essentially uncontested.

Got a feeling we are going to see a lot more of those with the numbers.  I kinda hate the new job has me working during US prime time (2nd shift) so I can't even make them unless it's on Sunday.

• Like 1

Puerto del Padre - 4800 BR
French successfully attack versus Pirates

9F60C7710ACC6CB566A6B80EAA5C5F7F5AEE4060

The French attackers debuted their (mostly) Victory fleet. Pirates rallied to the defense with a fleet of mixed 1st rates plus an Agamemnon. Fortune smiled on the Pirates as wind was favorable for a defense, blowing from the South.

Early in the course of the battle, a L'Hermione fireship detonated amidst the lineships and several of the defenders were heavily damaged. Though at least 3 French ships were also damaged in the blast, the momentum favored the attackers.

The remainder of the battle went on for quite some time as the skirmishes played out. All in all, defenders fought bravely but were decidedly overrun.

• Like 5

On 24-10-2017 at 6:20 PM, Hodo said:

A good leader always asks for advice...

Then promptly ignores it and does what he wants anyway... LOL

well ,he must have had a good naval education than, :)  that's the attitude of a true leader.

7DFB5F93FB846C8BE9896364C7592F841DB7E08C

Islamorada Port Battle: 1 December, 2017 3:01 Server Time

United States attacking Pirates.

Starting wind: S

I had the honor of leading the Pirate side of the PB along with help from Doug Maoz and our other officers. Our defending fleet consisted mainly of first rates, with two Wasa's as support. The Wasas were in charge of capturing the circles, and the main Port Battle fleet was positioned centrally to have the best chance of favorably engaging the US fleet before they could reach our circles.

The US fleet consisted of a mix of clans, bringing a number of Wasas, with 3 Bucentaures, 2 Victories, 1 Surprise, and 1 Mortar Brig. The US started the battle well to the south of our fleet, with good wind to head toward us.

Circles changed hands several times throughout the battle, but no appreciable point gain occurred until near the end of the battle. After exchanging broadsides at range, and doing a bit of rigging damage on both sides, the fleets began to converge offshore and to the west of A. We closed with the enemy fleet just outside of circle A, and the fighting was intense. The fleets continued to weave between each other and eventually we found ourselves engaged in a massive brawl in circle A; Pirates still controlled one circle at this point, with the US holding another and controlling A with their greater numbers, but not gaining any points from it. Several US ships sunk relatively quickly under our focused fire, while others were severely damaged. Privateer's Santisima was focused by the US throughout much of the battle, and sunk under the combined firepower of several enemies (take a look at all the assists on the US side!!). As the battle wore on, the toughness and greater firepower of our first rates proved more than a match for the Wasas and Bucentaures that the US brought. A US fireship detonated in the midst of both fleets, inflicting heavy rigging damage and crew loss to both sides. After that, the US fleet scattered and we were able to single out their weakest ships and make short work of them. Their first rates went down and the rest of the Wasas followed suit not long after. The Mortar Brig was captured. A Bucentaure managed to spend the last twenty or thirty minutes running and finally escaped. The Surprise was the last ship to sink. 

Though the Bucentaure managed to escape from the Port Battle, I had been communicating with our fleet outside of the battle and they were able to run down the Bucentaure and either captured it or sank it. This means that the US PB fleet brought to Islamorada was 100% destroyed with only 1 ship lost on the Pirate side. A very nice battle.

It was a fun fight, and I hope the US enjoyed the battle as much as we did, although the double-flip by the French/US alliance wasn't too fun. Guibara, to my knowledge, was undefended.

Edited by Willis PVP2
Accidentally posted before I was through typing everything.
  • Like 6