Game-Labs Forum

Politics and PBs (Patch 11/12 - "Clan Wars")

Teutonic

Cayman Brac 4th rate port battle:  21 GB vs 24 Pirates - Pirates won the attack.

Turned into the normal brawl.  We got that stupid crash into the Wasa bug which cause me and a few others loose a lot of structure and HP.   That effected 2 on pirates and think some on the GB side was effective.  We had a good number of fairly new players so it was more even matched skill wise cause of that and a few mistakes made that cost use more lost than normal.

5 GB lost

6 Pirates lost

90D9AF28D9EB254F6F0F2D1081A1BCD45E54EFFE

La Navasse 4th rate port battle:   25 GB vs 23 Pirates - Pirates won Attack

Pirates came in the south east and after capping the circle took the brawl to the GB at the A circle.  The mortar brig did a great job taking out a fort and tower and than making some of the Brits chase him all over the place.  Same with Rudyrose came in at the B circle and gave a good run.  It came down to the brawl in this battle with no problems from any bugs.  Just a good fight all out as we bring as much of our vets that where on as we could.   

GB lost 11 ships

Pirates lost 5 ships.

g0t1IJy.jpg

• Like 1

San Iago SOL port battle:  22 Pirates vs 1 GB - Pirates Defended port

Normally an empty port battle I would not report but this wasn't against AI.  If ARMD is an alt clan of ARMED and yall are going to do flips and not show up we will start to see it as night flips.  We only saw three Mortar Brigs and a SOL heading to the port battle and all where CKA guys.  We set up La Navasse at a time we where hoping to get the best numbers on both sides and we assume this was the reason for this flip.  Now if your flipping ports for CKA and they aren't going to show for them (like they didn't at the US prime time flip of Nassau last week) than it's making ya'll look bad.   Just next time if you change your mind and not going to show for a battle let us know out of curtsy cause we had a lot of folks stay up or get up real early for this port battle and having a no show pissed a lot of guys off.  If you have a loose cannon flipping ports with alts than you might want to address that to them.  

Lets keep up the good relations on the server and good fights.  As I told the US guys early this week they are doing better in fights and it's getting more fun for all to have good numbers show on both sides.  We are also stepping back in some fights and letting more and more new guys fight too so the balance of experience is getting a bit better (as seen in Cayman fight I would say was more equal on both sides if you take the crash into bug thing out of the fight) as we had a lot of new to RvR guys in that fight.

Thanks

3FA659827DE5F387A78BAEAA16FAB0994F9D4620

• Like 1

Puerto Escondido 4th rate port battle:  12 GB vs 25 Pirates - Pirates won the Attack

Give Brits credit they jumped in and fought even though way out number.  We where planing to flip this more in a better US Prime time but after the long night before and a few of use not being fully awake some one said to flip it and it got flipped way to early for when we plan (reason why Guana Sevilla AI port was at same time).   

ETIQa2d.jpg

On 10/4/2017 at 7:52 AM, Red Dragon 13 said:

I know those 2 players do belong to RED (and probably acted on their own due to old ties with former VCO members). I insist the clan as such is not helping or working for the pirates.

As for MARS and RED clans, looking at the map in Global, I think both clans are heading for either some confrontation or arrangement.

Seems like today is that day, good luck on the port battle.  I will have to root for Red on this one as they are a smaller clan and the underdog in the fight.  Actually thought it was nice seeing some GB clans up there, but figured it wouldn't last long as they can't stand having any other nation next to them.

Longtime overdue but,

Updated diplomacy, no major changes

Added the 3 new nations - would be good to see some showing from them.

I also highly suggest All active clans allow the 3 new nations some breathing space.

Prussia - A few players from all nations have gone to Prussia, and Prussia has taken 2 ports with the help of pirates it seems (not confirmed). Should be a good showing for this nation as the days go on and people gain interest.

Russia - a few players, no movement in the RvR front but I do see more of them saying hello on global chat

Poland - I only know of 1 player who has gone to the Polish nation but if more have gone, that's pretty cool. no RvR movement just yet

In terms of RvR,

US - took a port from the RED clan of GB up at the Florida panhandle. It was said to be a good battle, ultimately the US coming out ahead.
A4F64C4019E55412FE5E5351EABB41FABD3C0258

Pirates - Mopping up some neutral ports and engaging the US and British pretty regularly

GB - Similar to pirates in that they continue to go for neutral ports and engage in fights against the pirates.

Minor Nations - the Dutch continue expanding, French lost a port (due to insufficient funding), Swedes take their corner, Danes quiet, Spanish quiet

• Like 2

US - took a port from the RED clan of GB up at the Florida panhandle. It was said to be a good battle, ultimately the US coming out ahead.

Indeed it was a good battle. Congrats MARS, BCR, NCC, USNA and WATCH!

Edited by Red Dragon 13
understood the answer of my question

George Town SOL port battle:  19 GB vs 25 Pirates - Pirates won the Attack.

Pirates came in and capped the North West circle and had there mortar brig take out the Fort.  Once it went down the two forces meet between the circles and continue to brawl in the middle of all three circles.   Brits did great focus fire when they first clashed causing one of the pirates to go down almost instantly (not even sure what his ship was and he keep not listening to orders to fall back).   There was a few boardings on both side with Capture mainly on the Pirates side.  A few ships on the GB side also blew up and did some pretty good amount of damage to Pirate ships, but just not enough to sink any one.

GB lost 12 ships with 3 of those being captured.

Pirates lost 2 ships.

Again very good fight form the Brit guys even though way out number ya'll came out and tried.  Still gave it a good fight and didn't give up.  

7E15BDCCB897858AEAC207CEDC1BF348DC625BE9

• Like 1

Updated Diplomacy

1. it has been confirmed that some Dutch and French clans have each agree to trade pacts and a loose non-aggression pact. While not all groups within each nation have agreed, there are talks of closer relations eventually

2. Great Britain has made it clear that Prussia will not be allowed land in the Caribbean and have started taking ports away from Prussia. As Prussia hasn't brought their full fleet to the Caribbean yet, they are finding it difficult to hold what they own

3. It seems the few players in Poland are creating relationships with other groups, reports point towards French and Dutch extending open negotiations for future profit with the few privateers from Poland.

Seems a quick updated of Player numbers for each nation in the US Prime time:

1. US - between 20-30
2. GB - between 15-30
3. Pirates - between 20-35
4. Dutch - between 10-15
5. French - between 10-15
6. Denmark/Swede - 5-15
7. Spain - 5
8. Pru/Rus/Pol - 5-15

which bring it to around 160 players (on the high end). These number seem relatively accurate for a "guesstimate." I'd encourage folks from all nations to support nations with lower pop in creating content as well as taking part in the grander fights.

17 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Updated Diplomacy

1. it has been confirmed that some Dutch and French clans have each agree to trade pacts and a loose non-aggression pact. While not all groups within each nation have agreed, there are talks of closer relations eventually

2. Great Britain has made it clear that Prussia will not be allowed land in the Caribbean and have started taking ports away from Prussia. As Prussia hasn't brought their full fleet to the Caribbean yet, they are finding it difficult to hold what they own

3. It seems the few players in Poland are creating relationships with other groups, reports point towards French and Dutch extending open negotiations for future profit with the few privateers from Poland.

Seems a quick updated of Player numbers for each nation in the US Prime time:

1. US - between 20-30
2. GB - between 15-30
3. Pirates - between 20-35
4. Dutch - between 10-15
5. French - between 10-15
6. Denmark/Swede - 5-15
7. Spain - 5
8. Pru/Rus/Pol - 5-15

which bring it to around 160 players (on the high end). These number seem relatively accurate for a "guesstimate." I'd encourage folks from all nations to support nations with lower pop in creating content as well as taking part in the grander fights.

Those numbers are disheartening.

Bimini Shallow Water Port Battle:  14 Pirates vs 14 US - Pirates where able to Defend the port.

The fight started with the US side having 4 ships more than the pirates.  It became a brawl in "A" circle with some fighiting between it and the North Cirlce.

US lost 7 ships

Pirates lost 3 ships

A95EF2142865B580C5E8593A4537D09FF40AE852

24 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

kinda makes you go Hmmmmmm  regarding adding 3 more nations.

I mean I agree, it's absolutely bonkers but the russians, germans, and poles on the EU server were the main reason for the choices.

Makes me wonder if we should clamor more for portugal :P

the battle for bimini led by @amplify assisted by @Christendom

the u.s started with a 4 ship lead since we didn't have the players on at the time we were only able to even out the numbers by people rushing to get on and joining late in the end we managed to claim victory and defend our port

o7 to the U.S it was a good PB

Edited by amplify
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amplify said:

the battle for bimini led by @amplify assisted by @Christendom

the u.s started with a 4 ship lead since we didn't have the players on at the time we were only able to even out the numbers by people rushing to get on and joining late in the end we managed to claim victory and defend our port

o7 to the U.S it was a good PB

More like Amp said he wanted to run the fight and then right before the shooting starts......."uh chris, if you have any suggetions..."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Christendom said:

More like Amp said he wanted to run the fight and then right before the shooting starts......."uh chris, if you have any suggetions..."

Better than what i heard last night, "Texas is running this one."  My response back.  "I'm multi boxing port battles right now I AM NOT RUNNING THIS ONE."  I did drop a few things to get things started in chat coms, but i pretty much let them run the show.

Rincon 4th Rate Port Battle:  18 Pirates vs 16 US - Pirates defended the port.

I was kinda half distracted cause of above and I kinda wanted to take a break any way from leading so I let the HYRDA guys take charge of this one since it was there port.  All three circles where cap by time US joined the fight and we took the brawl to between circles.   One fast  Pirate Frigate was lost on pirate and 3 US ships was lost.  We chased them after and they had fast open world ships not heavy port battle so I'm surprised they didn't loose more ships.

US lost 3 ships

Pirates lost 1 ship.

This is the screen of the start I didn't get the after battle screen.

6E32C3B95D77A68ADC5C1490035AAE9D56FFDE3E

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

1 v  6 in Kingstown. Kingdom of Prussia vs. AI (Prussian victory)

GG to AI clan, they had the numbers but just didn't play the objective well enough. This was the best photo I got of them all but basically they chased me all around the map while I took away their sails. I was in a Teak/Teak Wasa and they just couldn't keep up. All things considered it was actually a pretty fun time. 

20171027015900_1.thumb.jpg.a9ec7638aa1e851e8e9fda3662fcdea6.jpg

Edited by Galt
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Global server news:

Sad to see it slip away but adding the 3 nations has been one of the final nails in Global's coffin. 

Join me and together we will rule this Middle Earth...

Edited by Galt

With Patch 13 in and BR limits for port battles I ask the following for Port Battle reports (to add the Ports Battle Rating Limit) So it would look like this

Nation v Nation
BR limit
Outcome
--- AAR ---
Picture/Screenshot

As for Diplomacy Updates, Only Major change is that the Dutch and Denmark are likely at War, or at the very least the PvP is heating up for both parties.

BR limits should add some interesting variety and It'll be nice to see how this plays out.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 10:39 AM, Wraith said:

I won't bother posting the stream from this morning's first BR-restricted port battle, but with our 1700 BR we filled it against a CKA no-show (shame, ding ding):

2017-10-30 Port Battle at La Navasse, GB vs. Pirates, Pirates won:

E58FB2F34734F587E0427DF34737C729E70FF003

Normally I wouldn't post empty port battles but the interesting thing is these new BR's going to mess things up so much. They should of just did a few ports as test not all and some of the old ports that where big battles is going to be so limited on how many can get in.

29 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Meh, I don't mind the BR restrictions at all, I think it offers up far more flexibility and interesting opportunities for strategies other than 25 v 25, cookie cutter fleet battles. I think circle capping needs to be BR based or move to a fortification and landing mechanic, but I far prefer the new tactical considerations to the old.

But nothing can fix out and out empty port battle trolling other than something like 14 day bans on hostility generation for clans who lose an offensive port battle, or something similar...

ATTACKER failing to turn up should be fined 4mil gold on the NEXT server downtime like the Town Management system

• Like 3