Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Captain Lust    482

I haven't sailed the Hermione too much so far but looking at the stats and armament it looks like a poor mans / nerfed Santa Cecilia. Can the Hermione do anything better than the SC? Is it faster at some points? I would appreciate any opinions and experience on the Hermione regarding OW PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exodus    4

The only real notable differences I see is the Hermione can carry 32pd carrons on her gun deck as apposed to the Cecilia's 24pds. Hermione also has a bit more mast thickness as well as being a touch faster.

Cecilia has 315 crew over the Hermiones 280, but also requires 130 sailing crew over the Hermiones 90. The Cecilia also has a marginally better turn rate by roughly .2 degrees.

As far as the POS chart idk where to find it but I assume they're both fairly similar. Overall i'd say both ships are competitive, neither one being necessarily worse than the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aegir    1,671

The Cecilia isn't up on the POS chart I'm using (Jodgi's), but isn't the SC most known for its upwind performance whereas the Hermione's performance is very run-of-the-mill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Lust    482
23 minutes ago, Aegir said:

but isn't the SC most known for its upwind performance

Yeah, it's quite the upwind monster iirc, hence i wondered if Hermione is better at other points but looking at ship balance in general... probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aegir    1,671
5 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Yeah, it's quite the upwind monster iirc, hence i wondered if Hermione is better at other points but looking at ship balance in general... probably not.

That's why the Hermione bores me. It has nothing of note, best part about it is its paintjob.

Was looking forward to testing the Prince as a tagger and harasser- and learn how the hell to manual sail its hybrid rig - but with the ship inflation that is kicking off it's hopelessly weak.

Edited by Aegir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Texas Sir    3,660

Well for most of us we can't or won't ever get a SC so we will have to settle with the ship we can get with similar stats. I still think they need to bring the SC in game with a normal skin as the Hermione, but maybe that would confuse folks with having a l'Hermione too in game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Goldman    1,271
4 hours ago, Aegir said:

The Cecilia isn't up on the POS chart I'm using (Jodgi's), but isn't the SC most known for its upwind performance whereas the Hermione's performance is very run-of-the-mill?

Santa Cecilia is worse upwind than a Surprise. It has same side HP, same Sails HP, basically, Santa Cecilia is not any good anymore... My SC never leaves port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnovotny6    34
1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Santa Cecilia is worse upwind than a Surprise. It has same side HP, same Sails HP, basically, Santa Cecilia is not any good anymore... My SC never leaves port.

How do you still have SC after the wipe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liq    3,254
1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Santa Cecilia is worse upwind than a Surprise. It has same side HP, same Sails HP, basically, Santa Cecilia is not any good anymore... My SC never leaves port.

Meh it has better thickness / mast thickness and bigger guns, better turnrate and from my experience it performed better upwind than the surprise. Oh and it has boobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Goldman    1,271
20 minutes ago, Liq said:

Meh it has better thickness / mast thickness and bigger guns, better turnrate and from my experience it performed better upwind than the surprise. Oh and it has boobs

Before wipe - yes. Now? It is slower and it performs upwind worse. Thickness difference is very little. Mast thickness difference is the only good thing. When I come to choose - Surprise or SC, I choose surprise. Sails better upwind and has 4 stern chasers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kair    169
On 14/09/2017 at 9:12 AM, Aegir said:

best part about it is its paintjob.

Was about to say the exact opposit ! One of the things I dont like about the Hermione, is the "flashy" paintjob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×