Game-Labs Forum

Danmark-Norge renouncing saboteurs

Anolytic

lol

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Lol I just saw it :)

As @North replies.. Had the devs only implemented clan-wars.. Preferably not only in RvR but in OW PvP as well.. It would however be a bit ahistorical.. 

I am a bit curious though as to what exactly these "repeated" acts of indiscretions would be.. Or the sabotage that is mentioned.. As far as I know we (DNP) has been working tirelessly to ensure danish borders in the Christiansted area.. What RDNN was up to? - well you already know :) Wasting time in Cartagena and I cannot say that I disagree with killing brits.. I just consider the safety of danish traders to take precedents..

Let it be known henceforth:

Danish-Norwegian Privateers hereby renounce RDNN anywhere on the map, be it in OW or otherwise. We do not, and have never, considered RDNN to speak on behalf of DNP or other clans without the explicit consent and endorsement on a case by case basis by the clans of the Danish-Norwegian nation. DNP will continue to help and aid any and all clans of the danish nation (barring players, be it in warships or traders from RDNN) and I'm sure RDNN will continue to do what they have done up untill now - nothing in regards to the safety of the danish nation, her traders, her players and her clans.

37 minutes ago, fox2run said:

RvR sucks as a mechanism. It just provide a poisonous environment. Focus on nations and single players instead.

Perhaps, but I don't think it has to be?  However, it "tends" to be so in many instances.  Game is really what players make of it.

Esteemed Danish-Norwegian nation  Captains,

I am quite disapointed to see  that discord is now in your noble  hearts.

It reminds me French nation darkest hours, and the end of our navy efficiency.

In the name of honor and unity, we  implore you to use common sense in your decisions.

Do not start a useless conflict that will only benefits our numerous ennemies interests.

We offer our humble mediation to find a compromise in between involved parties.

On behalf of French Captains serving their new nation,

ACN clan leader Kontreadmiral Vonalfred.

Edited by vonafred
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I think they lost about 6-10 1st rates and some 2nd rates around Cartagena with no big success on killing the British players lol

Not really that much of an accomplishment seeing as hostility missions are open the entire duration and all brit clans has OP in Cartagena.. I can't really see the logic in going for that port considering the chances of success and the need to secure CS area.. Unlike the brits we're not gifted safezones in the middle of the map :) 

Oh but btw.. I would like to extend a courtious invitation to any and all clans wishing to do battle in the CS area.. Wether it be in an attempt to flip a DNP port (or any other danish port - we in DNP will not accept any interlopers in the CS area) or just to hunt traders (I can't speak for all DNP as players in my clan have a mind of their own and a right to make it up themselves) but I won't cry if anyone were to take a RDNN trader.. Any other clan and I'll call the hunt! (which is why we play afterall)..

lol but clanownership of ports didn't last long before the first tensions mounted and I'll be looking forward to the coming weeks :) 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, North said:

If only devs had implemented clan wars.

Clan wars could be implemented but then nations must be eliminated and turn completely into safe pve environment. Players come for the ships and the British flag, stay for the clans. Clanwars could potentially destroy nations and remove immersion which was actively pointed out by some people who actually are present in this topic. What it means that ANY non-combat feedback by those players must be ignored from now on. 

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

Clan wars could be implemented but then nations must be eliminated and turn completely into safe pve environment. Players come for the ships and the British flag, stay for the clans. Clanwars could potentially destroy nations and remove immersion which was actively pointed out by some people who actually are present in this topic. What it means that feedback by those players must be ignored from now on. 

liked the initial idea of war companies;) wouldn't have this situation then:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Clan wars could be implemented but then nations must be eliminated and turn completely into safe pve environment. Players come for the ships and the British flag, stay for the clans. Clanwars could potentially destroy nations and remove immersion which was actively pointed out by some people who actually are present in this topic. What it means that ANY non-combat feedback by those players must be ignored from now on. 

This would be a terrible and ahistorical decision definitly killing the game. Please turn down clans and turn up nations! 

Rename the clans squadrons or similar.

Clans really make the worst gaming community I have ever seen. How come

such behaviour is even allowed?

Most single players or small clans fight for nation but do not want to be ruled by other big clans like RDNN who think they run a nation. 

It's such a crappy design to favour clans and not nations.

Kind regards 

19 minutes ago, fox2run said:

This would be a terrible and ahistorical decision definitly killing the game. Please turn down clans and turn up nations! 

Most single players or small clans fight for nation but do not want to be ruled by other big clans like RDNN who think they run a nation. 

Kind regards 

I don't believe that clan community is any better or worse than the community at large. And clans are the primary organisers behind port flipping, defending and hunting enemy raiders so I can't agree that individual/clanless players are any more or less active in the fighting for their individual nations.. As to wether or not any one clan rules a nation this very problem stems from the fact that no clan can dictate terms to others - be it individuals or clans. Clan membership does however come with the added perks that one becomes part of the communities that takes and holds the ports as well as general support, ships etc.

That clan should have any special roles in a game is the most terrible feature I have ever come across in 30 years of gaming.

All players regardless of status should be treaded equal regarding to rules and mechanisms. 

I think that many, many more players than you ever thought of has left the game becourse it went from fun for all to RvR focus. 

The game simply got boring becourse of this. Get rid of clans. Hard cores will organize themselves anyway spending most of their lifetime in front of a pc screen anyway.

I'd have happily seen more nations added, but the the hysterical historical nuts would have whined. Forced alliances with no way to resolve differences lead to nations splitting anyway, and the only route we have to be a nation and be able to resolve any internal squabbling is by going Pirate or by being lucky and being given forged papers

Right now ,for anybody who likes OW PVP , RVR or Solo play... go Pirate and you won't have to listen to anybody else or put up with anybody elses treaties, rules ....

Being forced into the teams of some of the whiners we all have in our own nations isn't the answer, especially when changing teams has become so difficult

This isn't a single player game and it seems to me that many playing this game don't play well with others ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I'd have happily seen more nations added, but the the hysterical historical nuts would have whined. Forced alliances with no way to resolve differences lead to nations splitting anyway, and the only route we have to be a nation and be able to resolve any internal squabbling is by going Pirate or by being lucky and being given forged papers

Right now ,for anybody who likes OW PVP , RVR or Solo play... go Pirate and you won't have to listen to anybody else or put up with anybody elses treaties, rules ....

Being forced into the teams of some of the whiners we all have in our own nations isn't the answer, especially when changing teams has become so difficult

This isn't a single player game and it seems to me that many playing this game don't play well with others ...

Hence is why game mechanisms should turn down influence of clans to a minimum!! 

10 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Kind regards 

what ppl tends to forget is that rdnn and rus and all the others clans we work with are also the ones who defend the nation. i remember when you played fox you where allways complaining about rdnn right up until somebody attacked us. we have always had the nation in mind when we have chosen our targets, when we go Cartagena we would have gotten Important resource, same story with Savannah and when when we had pirates in our waters and no way to stop them because of game mechanics we tried to get Bermuda so danish players could have safe place to do missions.

we have sailed for hours for help our allies so they would come to defend danish waters when we needed it. we are the ones who go to meeting to make diplomatic agreements with the others nation to make sure the there will be danish nation at all. 

before you start whining about rus and rdnn imagine how the danish nation would be with out us, it would most likely be blue    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Hence is why game mechanisms should turn down influence of clans to a minimum!! 

Nope, make everybody a Pirate clan , let them all slug it out between themselves by choosing their own teams, not being forced into alliances with players they don't want or need :)

call themselves Clan Sweden .. Clan Norway .. Clan Scotland .... or whoever and do whatever they want

Being forced into a National agreement by the dweebs who think they own the sea ... pfffft :P

• Like 3

Might want to have Anolytic do the "why Denmark has done so well in the past" and "what's best for our nation" speeches, sounds so hollow coming from Bernadotte when compared to the DNP ^^

9 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

It's not that you disagree with the statement that Danemark has done so well in the past. It's only that you don't like that I wrote it. Are you jealous? I'll take that as a compliment :P .

Of what?

1 hour ago, rediii said:

west end was undefended because they grinded morgans bluff while we did the pb.

Well yeah, but wasn't that during the week after the mapwin?