Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

King of Crowns    392

OH great and wise devs, given your infinite wisdom and great game mechanics development. I would humbly like to point out a neglected area of your game. perhaps you have failed to realize that there isn't crap for a clan of 5-10 captains to participate in within your current game mechanics. I'm sure you know that the game has one main objective right now which is capturing ports. that requires 25 people. I'm also sure your familiar with this game called world of Warcraft, and maybe you even failed to see that WOW with its massive player base decided that 25 man raids was just too much for most people to want to play around with. so how bout a great idea....... give us something to do in your damn game other than battles that require 1/4 to 1/2 of the entire server population. I would make suggestions but hey that's your job to develop this crap not mine. 

 

#retired captians... #mothball fleet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rediii    3,055

between the toxic words there is something true.

Raids should be something you can do with 6 players. Maybe scale it to 12. (you can choose a raidflag for a specific port. pay it with CM. If yoh choose 6 man raid you get a portbattle and if you win vs defenders you get 25% of the taxes this day. If you choose 12 man raid and win you get 50% taxes generated of the day)

Defenders get a paintchest if they win

 

edit ... you get a battle with portbattlemechanics. You dont win the port ofc.

Battle starts after flag is dropped, takes 5 min, not cancelable, serverannouncement on drop that the port is getting raided

(flag vanishes after you click use)

call if big and small raid in announcement.

"Big raiding fleet arrived in Oranjestad" for example

 

 

we need something as a every evening pvp mechanic again for all sizes of groups

Edited by rediii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z4ys    1,598

Wow had 40men raids at the beginning :D

But yeah there is no sense in small groups anymore go join an other clan. But like devs pointed out many times they like big escalating battles so manage your expectations. Small group fighting and OW pvp are not on the to do list and I doubt it will ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z4ys    1,598
4 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

all you need is daily PvP event correct?

Where's the thrill of hunting. If that wouldn't be my major reason why I play the game I would wait for NAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems a fair point @King of Crowns and was a real worry for me with the original so-called server splits. However, if you have 5 Captains online at the same time no matter what clan/cult or Nation you are in you carry weight. You know this…

The Overall population is irrelevant for example my mighty GB Nation is sort of Oz centric now on Global. Mission hostilities require 4.5 times to pop.. this will need increasing way too easy. Four mates in SoLs can drop 10 Aggies in 40 minutes. So, I think it’s too early to judge in my opinion.

For the Solo-ist it’s a @Iroquois Confederacy or @koltes type of living which agree seems somewhat harder…

My small Church with its [ELITE] folk will still carve a small place in the Caribbean am sure 

 

Norfolk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebrall    84
Just now, z4ys said:

Where's the thrill of hunting. If that wouldn't be my major reason why I play the game I would wait for NAL.

could you not hunt those heading to said event?

also not everyone is coming from the same direction so again you would find pvp from many directions and those player wont run but turn and fight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cmdr RideZ    646

Port battles should have mixed fleets and different fleet sizes.

Fleets sizes: 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25

Mixed fleets: Different scenarios for different ports.  There can be some ports that still need 25x 1st rate.

eg. 10x 4th + 8x 3rd + 5x 2nd + 2x 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z4ys    1,598
2 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

could you not hunt those heading to said event?

also not everyone is coming from the same direction so again you would find pvp from many directions and those player wont run but turn and fight 

It's not hunting. There is no thrill. It's like going hunting in a forest with a fence around it and someone put a few rabbits and a deer in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liq    3,239
4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

It's not hunting. There is no thrill. It's like going hunting in a forest with a fence around it and someone put a few rabbits and a deer in it.

From my experience, the players in the event zone were looking for fights aswell, rather than "rabbits and deer" around capital waters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebrall    84
6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

It's not hunting. There is no thrill. It's like going hunting in a forest with a fence around it and someone put a few rabbits and a deer in it.

fair, 

but with a bit more content this would increase population which draws a larger number of players with different goals for example more trader which gives you more targets which gives you your hunt  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z4ys    1,598

The player that want that kind of event = arena gameplay will play NAL. So why should devs add stuff like that to NA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebrall    84
Just now, z4ys said:

The player that want that kind of event = arena gameplay will play NAL. So why should devs add stuff like that to NA?

cause not every one wants to play NAL and it would add content for those who like OW sailing so why wouldn't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vizzini    91

If flexible Port Battles can't be worked , perhaps we can look at 10-15 player Pb's instead of 25 ?

Smaller groups need to be catered for while the pop is lower than a snakes belly. We are the content right now and there aren't enough of us to go around on Global.

The situation on EU looks better based on their numbers but I was hoping for a more Clan centric NA this patch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teutonic    1,053
2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Port battles should have mixed fleets and different fleet sizes.

Fleets sizes: 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25

Mixed fleets: Different scenarios for different ports.  There can be some ports that still need 25x 1st rate.

eg. 10x 4th + 8x 3rd + 5x 2nd + 2x 1st

If I could, I would like this more than once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TommyShelby    3,159

Once upon a time, in an era long gone, OW PvP was the main focus of the game and RvR a secondary focus. Those were the days of true glory and honor. Those were the days where there was room for all kinds of players (Solo, Small group, medium group, large group). 
Alas, those were the days.. Those days are long gone and the game has since then turned its focus on 2 things; RvR and time consuming crafting. 
Today, these days, the solo PvP'er and all those who enjoy OW PvP are told to "wait for Legends".
And while that might be what some are looking for, a lot of the OW PvP'ers in NA don't want Legends. They want NA OW PvP, because it is unique in its own way, NA OW PvP is not just a copy of some Arena type game. The thrill of sailing through the OW never knowing if you will encounter a lone trade, a lone frigate, a small group of frigates, a lone Man of War or a whole fleet of them. You never know if you must hunt, fight, or flee. 
The OW PvP'ers might settle for Legends but really, it is not what most of them want...
They want these days, to become those days again. 

I and many others still hope that some day, we will return to those days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Texas Sir    3,649
2 hours ago, Vizzini said:

If flexible Port Battles can't be worked , perhaps we can look at 10-15 player Pb's instead of 25 ?

Smaller groups need to be catered for while the pop is lower than a snakes belly. We are the content right now and there aren't enough of us to go around on Global.

The situation on EU looks better based on their numbers but I was hoping for a more Clan centric NA this patch

 

That is why they have only 6 ships in the ports battle right now to help little clans get a piece of the pie.  Though I would love to see some ports with different make up of what is allowed in the port battle. Maybe one port is only 5th rates and below.  Another port you can only have 3rd rates and below and such.   Though I can see a few of the small back woods hole in the wall ports maybe being downgraded to one circle and only having 12 vs 12 port battles for the really small guys to have some fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hodo    2,250

Honestly nothing has changed for the small clans or individual players.  It is still a game for zerg clans.  So I dont see how this patch has changed anything other than highlight this fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vizzini    91
14 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:



I and many others still hope that some day, we will return to those days.

While there is a place for many facets of the game to do well ... from OW pvp , RVR centric pvp and traders having fun doing whatever they want , the fact that I see clans setting up their bases so far from any threat speaks volumes.  Putting your base an hours sailing from an enemy .... safety first I guess

 

and yep @Sir Texas Sir ideas behind the smaller clans being able to participate are great. I had held out hope we would have full on clan vs clan wars with Nationals free to stomp whoever they wanted. The  only place there would be a truce would be where their Nations flag flew ( i'e Jamaica mon or Belize) and if you wanted a war with the next door neighbours... have at it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z4ys    1,598
1 hour ago, TommyShelby said:

Once upon a time, in an era long gone, OW PvP was the main focus of the game and RvR a secondary focus. Those were the days of true glory and honor. Those were the days where there was room for all kinds of players (Solo, Small group, medium group, large group). 
Alas, those were the days.. Those days are long gone and the game has since then turned its focus on 2 things; RvR and time consuming crafting. 
Today, these days, the solo PvP'er and all those who enjoy OW PvP are told to "wait for Legends".
And while that might be what some are looking for, a lot of the OW PvP'ers in NA don't want Legends. They want NA OW PvP, because it is unique in its own way, NA OW PvP is not just a copy of some Arena type game. The thrill of sailing through the OW never knowing if you will encounter a lone trade, a lone frigate, a small group of frigates, a lone Man of War or a whole fleet of them. You never know if you must hunt, fight, or flee. 
The OW PvP'ers might settle for Legends but really, it is not what most of them want...
They want these days, to become those days again. 

I and many others still hope that some day, we will return to those days.

True <3

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vernon Merrill    2,436
2 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Once upon a time, in an era long gone, OW PvP was the main focus of the game and RvR a secondary focus. Those were the days of true glory and honor. Those were the days where there was room for all kinds of players (Solo, Small group, medium group, large group). 
Alas, those were the days.. Those days are long gone and the game has since then turned its focus on 2 things; RvR and time consuming crafting. 
Today, these days, the solo PvP'er and all those who enjoy OW PvP are told to "wait for Legends".
And while that might be what some are looking for, a lot of the OW PvP'ers in NA don't want Legends. They want NA OW PvP, because it is unique in its own way, NA OW PvP is not just a copy of some Arena type game. The thrill of sailing through the OW never knowing if you will encounter a lone trade, a lone frigate, a small group of frigates, a lone Man of War or a whole fleet of them. You never know if you must hunt, fight, or flee. 
The OW PvP'ers might settle for Legends but really, it is not what most of them want...
They want these days, to become those days again. 

I and many others still hope that some day, we will return to those days.

The true Glory Days of NA....  Epic chaos and danger in the Windward Passage....  Then along came RNG "Gold"Marines....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King of Crowns    392
10 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Port battles should have mixed fleets and different fleet sizes.

Fleets sizes: 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25

Mixed fleets: Different scenarios for different ports.  There can be some ports that still need 25x 1st rate.

eg. 10x 4th + 8x 3rd + 5x 2nd + 2x 1st

already suggested this. it was overlooked by our dearest devs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cmdr RideZ    646
7 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

already suggested this. it was overlooked by our dearest devs

I think there has been many posts and community members asking something similar.


@admin @Ink There is a reason why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebrall    84
1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

already suggested this. it was overlooked by our dearest devs

I like this idea also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×