Game-Labs Forum

Strange disconnects in battle

Malachy

I was in a 4 on 4 fight with Shrouded Recluse, Greasy, Mark  something or other, and Dracul.

Every time the fight went against them, one of us disconnected and they rushed in and boarded that guy. It was very well choreographed that by the end of the battle I was expecting a mysterious disconnect myself and lo and behold at 18:45 minutes left, it happened.   John Loring was the first to fall, he disconnected as he was sailing back towards me, full health minutes into the battle. We had the upper hand at that point as well.    Next they got our Renomee (Pgotti) that was legitimate as far as I could tell he made a bad move. then Tigertex and I fought to the 19 minute mark, where we both suffered a disconnect as all pirates were severely beaten down and we were full health/Crew etc.  I have a screen shot of that disconnect.  Tigertex logs in out of battle, and I am still in battle, boarded by one of the pirates.  They claimed to have disconnected as well, however the only times their sails went down, their ships were still shooting at us.  I would like a full investigation and I would like our ships returned.  Mine was a Teak/White Oak Agamemnon, fully modded, with Gazelle, Bridgetown frame refit and Almeria Gunpowder.  These guys had no chance of beating Tigertex and I (Tiger in a connie and me in an Agamemnon, with 3 of 4 of their ships near sinking and us full health at 19 minutes. This was extremely fishy and not the first time I have seen strange things happen in combat with these guys. I am also opening support ticket. Either way, this should not have happened and needs to be addressed.  We showed up in  a large fleet of rated ships and came out to meet these guys in smaller craft to make a more fair fight, also 4 of our guys (we had 8) stayed behind. The disconnects came miraculously when they were losing the fight.  At 18:45, the pirates unable to win, and 2 of their ships one shot from sinking, Tigertex and I both disconnect but they all stay in battle? Very fishy.  Even more interesting is my partner was kicked to the open sea and I was stuck in battle for some reason.  I want this addressed and I respectfully request at least a warning sent to these pirates, and I would like a full investigation conducted into their accounts. 

20170912233814_1.jpg

Edited by Malachy

This is not an exploit and not a matter for the tribunal. The disconnects are happening all around since the Unity 5 update. People are having up to multiple disconnects per battle be it PvE or PvP. Crashes happen both in instances and OW. 

EDIT: Do an F11 and explain what happened and what ship you lost, and there is a possibility that devs will reimburse ships lost because of the crashes.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

We were still fighting at the end the the battle crashed, we did not get any reward for either kill.

After the crash, our ships and your ships all came back at the same OW location we had once when we first tagged each group.

All ships were repaired, full crew

The connie sailed away so we tagged the 3 ships left behind; you, the frig and the reno.(the reno and frig we sank last battle)

lxPsX-I-QEWHaJoehKu9CA.png

Next battle starts, only Malachy is pulled in, full health and full crew as well, he got boarded within the first minutes before he got his sails up.

We got disconnected a few times during the 1st fight. I did not see guns fireing from teammates that were disconnected. when DC sails stad up for a few seconds then sails down. so if you saw one of our ship shooting it was not disconnected.

The frigate looked like a disconnect, but I took the opportunity to board him.

So far I've only had disconnects in pvp no disconnect in pve.

The devs can look into my account all they want, especially if it can help fixing the disconnects and battle crash.

Edited by GreasyMnky

Too much coincidence and they never disconnected. Every time they were taking the worst of it, one of us or all of us disconnected. Too fishy to not be an exploit. Every disconnect was in their favor and happened at just the right time for them to take advantage of it. I still want a full investigation and if it is An exploit (packet bombs come to mind) I want it dealt with. If these were so random, why did we all get disconnected every time you got your asses handed to you? Until it's proved none of your group was exploiting, we aren't fighting any of you. Also I was back in game 35 seconds after I disconnected, (I started a stop watch) I should have had invisibility if you tagged me on the os and an invulnerability timer. So that's complete bull that you retagged. So much for what started a fun fight. Even after you boarded john while he was disconnected (which was unsportsmanlike to say the least) the rest of us were still having fun. instead of just sailing away and sayin gf as the timer expired, you just had to do whatever it takes to get those combat marks. I used to have quite abit of respect for you and shrouded... though you guys are kinda one trick ponies, never thought you were bad folks til tonight. 

Also, I've been in a dozen or more pvp fights since the patch and have had zero issues. As you can see in my screen shot my ping is still fine and no other server issues. 

if it's proven (full investigation with full disclosure) that it's not an exploit I will be more than happy to apologize to all of you. But until then, I do not believe in divine coincidence. 

Edited by Malachy

If you pay attention to the forum as of late you'll notice that lots and lots of people are experiencing disconnects ever since the patch (hell I just had one right now and havent been able to log back in yet).

Sure it's a bit cheesy for people to capitalize on the bug, but c'est la vie.