Game-Labs Forum

Port battles having the wrong time.

Jeheil

6 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

You should see the EU server.. Yesterday there were 15+ ports sitting at 100%, only to get wiped to zero... The system right now really hurts clans on both servers that cant flip a port right after server reset. 

How about a system where the attacking Clan leader (or leading hostility raiser, if not too tedious) sets the PB time once Hostility is obtained after he enters a port?

This has the added benefit of tending towards realism.  

Buster (breathes, polishes and adorns his monocle)

• Like 1

It's a known issue that hostility lead to PBs in the wrong timeslot.

The fix isn't that hard. After 22 hours of 100% hostility you should be able to pull the flag and hostility 100% is gained through 1 flag battle (/ port raid / whatever you call it).

37 minutes ago, rediii said:

Limit problem is a problem that will exist for quite some time.

Ofc portbattles will get less after neutral ports got taken, but at that point only the clans that can grind after maintenance (global) and as early as possible (eu) will own the ports.

In my oppinion there should be no limit anymore. With limits you encourage that a nation does not defend in the OW

I could imagine another solution which is that portbattles of your nation que up every 20 min. So if 2 portbattles get set right after window on EU they are normally both 17:00. Now the fjrst is 17:00 and the second 17:20 and a third 17:40.

this means that jf you srt a shitload of portbattles vs a nation (because they dont defend in OW for whatever reason) mean that they have atleast some space in between so you cant zerg a nation more than its possible now.

@admin @Ink is that even possible?

Better example:

3 pb are normaly set 17:00. They get planned 17:00, 17:20 and 17:40.

2 pbs are set 19:00. They get planned 19:00 and 19:20

So there has to be a 20min space in between the portbattles of your nation

you are EU server correct?

First things first. The mechanic is actually not broken. It’s just how it works. Read my earlier POST.

Blowing One’s Own Trumpet…

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22153-idea-port-battle-night-flips-solved/

This first. Move to weekends while population is low.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/20214-the-port-battle-blockade-idea/

then this later to change the face of PORT BATTLES which gets every single player, Clan or Cult or any Nation whether directly involved in it or not. Like Mrs nChance says…”Norf the size isn’t important…”

It becomes a real event for all.

Norfolk

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

Just now, rediii said:

yes

how would you feel if the your port battles were as follow:

option 1

1. we stick to @admin's new plan of allowing a limit of 3 vs specific nation, this fyi is a good thing! as it allows you to set up a few pb's and your clan/ nation can still do multiple fights at once

2. once any limit is reached on any nation they then enter into a shortlist which will become a PB after a PB is complete, on the hour that is at the beginning of your allotted PB time restriction

3.  once one has replaced a complete PB then the next one against that said nation, the next one would have a CD of 45 mins, 

example GB has 3 fights today vs the French ready to go then you crank up 3 more to flip(shortlist 3 more), once the 1st is complete the 1st on the shortlist will be at the beginning of you PB restriction timer, then the 2nd one get complete, so the the second on on the shortlist replaces it so it will pop a minimum of 45 mins after the beginning of you restriction 

option 2

1. we keep your nation limit only on EU 

2. once the limit is reached they then enter into a shortlist which will become a PB after a PB is complete, on the hour that is at the beginning of your allotted PB time restriction

3.  once one has replaced a complete PB then the next one against that said nation, the next one would have a CD of 45 mins, 

example GB has 3 fights/pb's today ready to go then you crank up 3 more to flip(shortlist 3), once the 1st is complete the 1st on the shortlist will be at the beginning of you PB restriction timer, then the 2nd one get complete, so the the second on on the shortlist replaces it so it will pop a minimum of 45 mins after the beginning of you time restriction, 

this in my eyes will only work on EU server and reduces the abuse i think option 2 is the better one, but i can be abuse with alt clans but again i will say this for the billionth time so can everything else in this game

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

sure, works too if you just plan them for the other day when 3 are set already. (like time of nkrmal schedule +24h as long as it doesnt hit a day when 3 are planned already

Im not a fan of different mechanics for both servers though because it also means of more work for the devs to maintain different systems. 

I agree,

but they agreed to a PB window on the EU and now they have to have separate mechanic's for each, cause a mechanic that suits EU ruins global and a mechanic that suits global will reap havoc on EU.

it's an unfortunate by product,

you imagine no limits on eu the drama would destroy your population,

were as in global it works cause we have players in many nations over multiple time zones and no PB window 

Edited by Rebrall

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its not different mechanics.

Only the timeslot if RvR is different. One has a small window the other a big window

i know but because of that it its a problem ill give you an example

EU server - no PB Limits (pure example i dont know your servers structure btw so its purely EG nations)

Sweden one big clans (60-70 members) vs GB lots of little clans (8 clans of 12-15)

Sweden flips carta

GB gets pissed off, sends 2 little clans (making 24 players)  to take les cays of sweden, 2 more little clans (25 Players) to take bluefields from sweeden,  in retaliation 

PB DAY

you have a choice fight for carta & defend one of your ports, or defend both of your ports,

you could win but then GB could flip 4 of yours and you could still only do 2 

you could loose two and gain one and if that continues you will be bullied around the map,

not to mention being hit from all different directions i could be massive fights and be awesome but it wont be the temptation for nations to bully others is to high 

that's all cause of your smaller window, so no limits would suck and people will quit.

now a global server example

GB vs Pirates 

same no limits 

Pirates - 2-3 big'ish clans and 1-2 smaller across US/Oceanic TZ's

GB 1-2 big'ish clans and a 4-5 smaller ones across US/Oceanic/euro TZ's

now cause our window is completely ope we have advantages in different TZ's 

so i would be a lot of port swapping and some really good fights but our player base is spread out so we wouldn't get 

as bigger opportunity to zerg multiple ports i mean we could on the weekends it could be chaos but it never will be cause of IRL and the 

the window were we are all on is much smaller you would get 1-2 big fight of you are lucky

so no limits works for GLOBAL were as eu would suffer 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Would work on EU too.

Defending got easier because you can jump the missions which hopefully get closer to the actual port soon.

If you cant defend your regions you shouldnt have them in the first place. A nation that zergs 1 other nation shows how strong it is and nations will ally against said nation.

In the end many hostilitygrinds in different ports means more pvp

Also big clans doesnt mean they go to the same place all the time ^^ Sweden on EU works on a national basis not on a clanbasis. If we attack or defend something its mixed clans in attacks and defends. Allways depends were the players are located.

Limits were important for us with no timeslots and regions. Imagine regional conquest with the amount of hostilitygrind now. You could flip a entire nation outside their timezone. With ports its more okay and now we have a choice if we want unlimited conquest or not

So in my oppinion limits are something we have because of old mechanics. Every nation right now can also be zerged with 3 pbs at the same time. (maybe not GB)

edit: speaking about limits I mean the pb count not the timeframe ofc. EU RvR timeframes are a great mechanic for us

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

@rediii Remember also that before a PB would give whole region (3-10 ports) and now PB gives only 1 port. That is a huge difference and much harder to "zerg" other nation than before.

just remember you said this :P

If the PB's being limited had been flagged up during testing, we may have had some brave people try a different nation. Right now I am guessing that people won't commit to that with their forged papers in case it's a one way trip that doesn't work. It's a consequence of not having enough people testing it which is unfortunate and wouldn't have been noticed until nearly everybody is playing live.

Apart from the early PB teething troubles, people seem to be enjoying the restart and changes, at least from my own Pov and there is less qq in channel

Good to hear Vizz, for us we have had 2 wiped, 2 set at 2.15....and...well lets see how today goes....very @$@##$@$# frustrating.

Oh yeh and for shits and giggles the port went from 4th rate to lineship after we flipped it (for our 215am PB ~~)

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

Ours are still wrong today. As far as I can tell the time your PB gets set (if you are in the queue) is NOTHING to do with when you flip it @ink @admin but is instead 22 hours from when the 3rd port battle on the list CONCLUDES (ie the time of one of the precious 3 slots +22 hours at the time PB concludes).

Anyway, its completely dysfunctional for anyone caught in the same predicament we are. On the first day of the new patch there was about a 5 hour period where the server was broke, we all went to bed (1.30am) woke up...to what will be full queues forever, thus we can never set a PB against AI !!!!! at a time of our choosing.

Honestly guys this is utterly stupid. Closest I have been to pulling up stumps on this.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

Ours are still wrong today. As far as I can tell the time your PB gets set (if you are in the queue) is NOTHING to do with when you flip it @ink @admin but is instead 22 hours from when the 3rd port battle on the list CONCLUDES (ie the time of one of the precious 3 slots +22 hours at the time PB concludes).

I then don't understand what the problem is. Explain to me as i am five. 

This system was in game for a long time and worked like this all the time.
Port battles can only be created when one of the three port battles was concluded. Once one of the port battles is finished the first port that has 100% hostility will have PB set up in +22 hours. Which could theoretically mean that it will move to the beginning of the window the NEXT day. 

We are changing the port battle limits which would solve some of the issues you mention. 

• Like 1

OK, now maybe the queue problem is so bad now that I have forgot how it used to work...however I was pretty sure that when your PB came off the "100%" waiting list and became a PB it did so AT THE TIME YOU FLIPPED IT. Not at the time the first port on the list of THREE concluded.

So :

We flip Grindstone at (I will use our local times) 11pm our time, coz we want to do the PB at 9pm.

However the queue is full (it always will be) so we sit at 100% unscheduled. Then at 4AM our time some Euro based brits do a PB and win Huzzah. They conclude their PB at 4.46am. So our PB is now set TWENTY TWO HOURS after this TIME...and not the time we flipped it at !!

Thus we can NEVER set a PB at a TZ of out choosing.

You  mention you are changing the port battle limits, is there a ling for that somewhere ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

nation will have 21 attacking port battles (3 per enemy nation) its in the works

cheers, this should alleviate things greatly.

Do you see our problem though ? where are PB's are set based not on a time of our choosing ?

• Like 2

@Jeheil

and @admin

I don’t want to contradict you but it (PB START) couldn’t have possibly be reinstated at the same time it was intended to START prior to being LOCKED or Queued. My original principle of a slot is LIVE at UTC(now) +22 hours ONLY.

I think what we’ve experienced is maybe a bit of “Shock n Awe…” The Hostility Grind mechanic now compared to before is shockingly easy to do, leaving everybody in gob smacked awe with fifteen to twenty Port Battles alone on the PVP GLOBAL set.

We, under the old system with just two PB slots rarely visited a lockup que because the hostility grind took an age to complete.

@admin has introduced some speed into the age of sail, but think maybe this is more our problem to solve and not his?

Norfolk.

wait...hang on...it still doesn't work....as most PB's will be against neutral....we will still always be in a Q !!

Super simple rule man, don't have limit on neutral port attacks.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

wait...hang on...it still doesn't work....as most PB's will be against neutral....we will still always be in a Q !!

Super simple rule man, don't have limit on neutral port attacks.

is neutral considered a nation ?

@admin

Edited by Rebrall

1 hour ago, Jeheil said:

OK, now maybe the queue problem is so bad now that I have forgot how it used to work...however I was pretty sure that when your PB came off the "100%" waiting list and became a PB it did so AT THE TIME YOU FLIPPED IT. Not at the time the first port on the list of THREE concluded.

So :

We flip Grindstone at (I will use our local times) 11pm our time, coz we want to do the PB at 9pm.

However the queue is full (it always will be) so we sit at 100% unscheduled. Then at 4AM our time some Euro based brits do a PB and win Huzzah. They conclude their PB at 4.46am. So our PB is now set TWENTY TWO HOURS after this TIME...and not the time we flipped it at !!

Thus we can NEVER set a PB at a TZ of out choosing.

You  mention you are changing the port battle limits, is there a ling for that somewhere ?

So @admin do you understand the problem...we cannot set a PB at a time of our choosing...do you understand the problem ???????????????

The new port limit won't make any difference as we will still be stuck in queues against NUETRAL.

Two things to fix this :

1) When you queue a port for a PB, when it goes from 100% to SCHEDULED then REMEMBER THE TIME IT HIT 100% for assigning PB time. EASY.

2) Why have a limit of anything against neutral !?!?

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

So @admin do you understand the problem...we cannot set a PB at a time of our choosing...do you understand the problem ???????????????

I think i do
You cannot setup port battles because you are playing later in the day and by the time port battle slots get opened you get weird time for port battles. Correct?

• Like 4

Yes it doesn;t matter what time you play at it matters that there are 3 in the queue. You set it to 100%...it gets no time.

When the next one of the queue gets played, it assigns the time for your 100%'er based on when that PB ended...which of course for all intents and purpose is 'random'.

Now on Euro this doesn't matter to much coz you have the 4 hour play slot but on global it means OUR OWN PB's are being scheduled at 4am !!

Now this happened when we did the server split 6 months ago, but it was fixed so that when your 100% port got scheduled it REMEMBERED the time it was flipped at in order to set the PB time ?

Please let me know if I need to explain this more...because its really important...as in the game is simply unplayable, despite the fact its closer to the best hostility system to date !

• Like 2

Did I mention the fix? Ah yes, I did.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:17 AM, Skully said:

It's a known issue that hostility lead to PBs in the wrong timeslot.

The fix isn't that hard. After 22 hours of 100% hostility you should be able to pull the flag and hostility 100% is gained through 1 flag battle (/ port raid / whatever you call it).

• Like 1