Game-Labs Forum

Port battles having the wrong time.

Jeheil

Last night we flipped Bluefields, its sat at 100% coz there were already 3 brit port queued (this will always be the case and is sort of daft btw).

We flipped it at about 10:50ish server time (about an hour or so after restart) so the port battle should be at 8:50ish server time...instead it has popped for 16:22. which is 3am for most of us ?

Please remember we had this already setup the day before and you zero'd our hostility, so this is our 2nd attempt to setup a PB.

Be nice if you could fix the time for us.

• Like 6

I put a post in the pinned port battle limit topic we need a change for global to clan limit cause other wise it will get to the point we're one TZ will be stuffed. It will settle and we may have no issues but if/when the game is released and we have a real population(I hope) the 3 limit per nation just will not work 

For reference, because we are getting Port BAttles set at 10:00 again

We (the French just popped a port battle at Roseau and it set the time for 10:00 Server time (when it should be 01:00).

It shows both Placentia and Roseau at 10:00 - but we finished Roseau about 5 minutes ago (03:00 server time) so it "should" be at 01:00 Server time.

In fact it seems on the Global Server, when port battles are created after 00:00 server time, they automatically get set at 10:00 server time.

Screenshot 2017-09-12 23.18.50.png

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

For reference, because we are getting Port BAttles set at 10:00 again

We (the French just popped a port battle at Roseau and it set the time for 10:00 Server time (when it should be 01:00).

It shows both Placentia and Roseau at 10:00 - but we finished Roseau about 5 minutes ago (03:00 server time) so it "should" be at 01:00 Server time.

In fact it seems on the Global Server, when port battles are created after 00:00 server time, they automatically get set at 10:00 server time.

Screenshot 2017-09-12 23.18.50.png

It almost like the time restriction of pbs on eu server is conflicting global server? I'm sure it's not 

Well the issue is still there @Ink, we setup Grindstone to be at 9pm our time (about 1 hour after a normal restart), instead of being at ?? 10.50 server time it is now showing as 15:16 which is 2.16 am for us !!

It appears that if there are 3 already setup (there always has been for us, and there always will be, as the first night you didnt get the server workling till 1.30 am for us). So our ports go into the system as 100% and either get wiped by D/T OR they get set when a PB is done. It is this process that seems to be setting them at the wrong time (and not the time they were flipped).

So really this week has been really messed up for us, 2 port battles wiped, 2 at 2am. And this is the first response from admin (much appreciated ink)....we are feeling very second class citizens.

The queue system simply shouldn't apply to AI ports. Thats it.

And by the way, the moment we get 3 ports stacked in our TZ and the whole process messes up the rest of your player base.,...youll get loads of  complaints..

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

On 9/13/2017 at 10:30 AM, Rebrall said:

Good morning from NZ, 

there is no real fair solutions here cause of the uniqueness of your servers one has no PB limits the other has set timers, 

the options you have is leaving it will be fine on EU because a huge portion of the population plays at the same time,

now on global however the limit cripples us so much cause of the diversity of our time zones,

this is circumstantial however cause of the influx due to new mechanics. So Cause you have two servers very unique from each other you have to creat two unique rule sets to suit each server,

So option 1 for EU is leave it alone and add a shortlist so once the limit is reached the next ports gaining hostility get shortlisted policed on what time they are flipped so they are In order of first in first served, at this point you will have to lock the port from gaining hostility from anyware else, 

option 1 for global has to be a clan limit of no more then 3 I'd personally be happy with 2 

now I see a future problem here what happens when we have real clan RvR how does the hostility work if 2 clans flip a port together? It would be fine while we're all in one group cause one clan has the missions and all clans jump into that mission, but what if for example on global ELITE starts hostility but decides they want the PB at a different time and asks there "clan friends" ARMED to continue the flip later but ELITE want to own the port? Maybe you need to look at changing things so "clan friends" can see the hostility missions maybe?

@Ink @admin @Jeheil

this is was the solution I offered yesterday. 

I don't mean to be pushy here but the percentage of oceanic players on global makes up for a huge amount of that population, after the last decline the majority left were from this time slot and want to help you create this game into something amazing. And at this stage it feels like you only seem to listen to the EU crowed I'm sure it's not meant that way but that's how it comes across right now.

now knowing this issue will dissipate once all has settled down and people have the ports they want but what happens when we actually get a decent population this problem arises again we need a future fix not a now fix!

I also really think you really shot yourselfs in the foot with a 64lbs carro when you agreed to give the EU server there time lock (my personal opinion) cause now you will be forever having to create two rule sets to suit each server regarding almost everything cause now there is almost never gonna be one rule suits all. 

Again I ask block all PB and hostility missions till it's sorted for your own mental state let alone ours the forums are full of complaints and it's about the same problem currently.

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 2

You should see the EU server.. Yesterday there were 15+ ports sitting at 100%, only to get wiped to zero... The system right now really hurts clans on both servers that cant flip a port right after server reset. 

@admin & @Ink

How is the Queue system supposed to work? All things well and good (remember I'm an old man so small words pls). Assume 22 hours is the trigger after 100% Hostility.

I assume this time line all same Nation different ports…

[1] [CKA] pop 100% hostility UTC 15:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 13:00 01/02

[2] [VCO] pop 100% hostility UTC 18:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 16:00 01/02

[3] [ELITE] pop 100% hostility UTC 20:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 18:00 01/02

GB Nation Max Port Battles now reached.

[4] ARMED] pop 100% hostility UTC 22:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 20:00 01/02

[4] is stopped and queued. Now WHEN should be [ARMED] Port Battle? Is it on [ELITE] PB completion or 20:00 or something else? By others continuing to add “LOCKED” Port Battles does this confuse the system in some way?

Norfolk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

You should see the EU server.. Yesterday there were 15+ ports sitting at 100%, only to get wiped to zero... The system right now really hurts clans on both servers that cant flip a port right after server reset. 

I didn't mean it to sound like you guys are getting it all your way 😁, I am trying to get across that we can't have the same rules anymore it's not going to work, I feel for everyone on both servers I really do 

17 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@admin & @Ink

How is the Queue system supposed to work? All things well and good (remember I'm an old man so small words pls). Assume 22 hours is the trigger after 100% Hostility.

I assume this time line all same Nation different ports…

[1] [CKA] pop 100% hostility UTC 15:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 13:00 01/02

[2] [VCO] pop 100% hostility UTC 18:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 16:00 01/02

[3] [ELITE] pop 100% hostility UTC 20:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 18:00 01/02

GB Nation Max Port Battles now reached.

[4] ARMED] pop 100% hostility UTC 22:00 01/01. PB is locked and set for START UTC 20:00 01/02

[4] is stopped and queued. Now WHEN should be [ARMED] Port Battle? Is it on [ELITE] PB completion or 20:00 or something else? By others continuing to add “LOCKED” Port Battles does this confuse the system in some way?

Norfolk

From my perspective it is working this way, 

you 3 pop your ports we pop ours much later and once the first one is finished our one enters at this point which creates our time issues I haven't worked out what the time is compared to the completed PB to our one getting its slot, 

hope that sort of makes sense norf you know I like to really complicate things as much as I can 😜

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebrall said:

From my perspective it is working this way, 

you 3 pop your ports we pop ours much later and once the first one is finished our one enters at this point which creates our time issues I haven't worked out what the time is compared to the completed PB to our one getting its slot, 

hooe that sort of makes sense norf you know I like to really complicate things as mush as I can 😜

So, you are saying in the case above...

[ARMED] PB start is UTC 13:00 01/02... NOT later at UTC 18:00...? 

I think @Inkneeds to clarify or @adminhelp this Old Man with reading a clock...

6 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

So, you are saying in the case above...

[ARMED] PB start is UTC 13:00 01/02... NOT later at UTC 18:00...? 

I think @Inkneeds to clarify or @adminhelp this Old Man with reading a clock...

The ARMED PB gets entered to a slot after the limit is cleared it's almost like a shortlist system I recommend for the EU server only difference for them is they have a locked PB window between time x and time z, so once cka has compeleted there's a slot is free so cause we are next in the queue we get it now I'm not sure what time it will be I haven't monitored it maybe @Jeheil can shed some light here maybe 

• Like 1

@admin or @Ink

Is this right…? I think I’ve got it…

The available port battle time slot can only be offered LIVE time so imagine something like this…

UTC (now) +22 hours

https://time.is/UTC

Right now, UTC says UTC 02:45 Thursday September 14, 2017

The next slot is UTC 02:45 +22hours. GB is locked so the clock ticks on.

When [CKA] completes the PB in our example above say…

[CKA] PB FINISHED UTC 14:00 01/02

GB Nation are open so the next available SLOT is UTC 14:02 01/02 +22 hours

So, [ARMED] Port Battle in our above example will take place on START UTC 12:02 01/03 and not the original time of UTC 20:00 01/02

Why Problems

I think the problem is simply lag issues. Triggering a PB in the Asian time zone causes sync issues with the servers coming to the end of its day or server shut down. Pop the battles in UK time-ish I bet you don’t see this issue. Or if I'm correct @Jeheildo you know the previous PBs and when they were actually completed moving your slot backwards. George Town [CKA] perhaps? I wasn't on so don't know...

I might be talking bolloxs

Norfolk

So, add with @JeheilOP. Your NEW Port Battle time is completely reliant on when the FIRST clan completes there PORT Battle and has nothing to do with when you flipped the hostility. Make sense?

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 2

I think you are correct 

Irrespective of that it needs changed and sooner rather then later,

like i keep going on about we need to look at ideas like mine.

we have no choice but to work together as a group to form a better rule set that works for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Norfolk

So, add with @JeheilOP. Your NEW Port Battle time is completely reliant on when the FIRST clan completes there PORT Battle and has nothing to do with when you flipped the hostility. Make sense?

This might be it. I will write down times pre shutdown on this one.

• Like 2