Game-Labs Forum
Peter Goldman

Port Battle Limit

1 minute ago, admin said:

we cannot have separate limits against neutral ports.

well then either increase it to 8-10 (not unreasonable coz like i said this equtes to 2 regions) or remove the nation number restriction 

even with all our numbers i promise you guys that the british nation can't attack more than 3 ports at once .. even we don't have so many players.. even 2 ports had us stretched thin so there's no problem for the small nations i think if we increase it

fox2run    493

PBs are the only option to get into a fight where this game Shines. Maybe PBs are wrong basically? Could major fights be arranged in the open seas instead (most common historically btw)??

rediii    3,085
Just now, fox2run said:

PBs are the only option to get into a fight where this game Shines. Maybe PBs are wrong basically? Could major fights be arranged in the open seas instead (most common historically btw)??

In every mechanic you need to be with a group. Its easier to get into a group if you are in a clan and even easier if you use teamspeak.

If you cant accept it go brit and open a chatclan, make some friendly clans and create portbattles to have fun. Brits have enough players so i think thats possible there.

Btw I had plenty of group OW battles, so its not only portbattles where the game shines

Aegir    1,673

Seems fine, prevents excessive racing just to snag up any port you can, at a pace of 3x ports per day it wont take long at all for people to re-establish themselves.

mikawa    321
20 minutes ago, rediii said:

Btw I had plenty of group OW battles, so its not only portbattles where the game shines

Me too and Teamspeak is of essence. You never can type commands as quickly and only through communication you'll be sucessful.

Peter Goldman    1,298

Possible solutions:

1. No limits for neutral ports (why not possible?). AI has nothing against it. 

2. Unlock limit during this week (for nations to growth naturally and conquer neutral ports. Soon we will end up with situation of nations jumping to the middle of other nation, because neutral ports have no hostility distance limitation (does it apply for national ports too?)

3. PB size clan limit. 1 PB for 1-50 members clan, 2 PBs for 51-150 members and 3 PBs for 151-250 members clan

Hostility generation and flipping must be 24/7 otherwise it will be kiting and delaying enemies as much as possible. Goal is to search and destroy enemy fleet or chase away.

Peter Goldman    1,298

@Sven Silberbart

You can't balance nations, it would ruin the game for thousands of players forcing them to play as Spanish or nation that they don't wanna play.

Example:

British nation - 5000 active players - only 500 leave Jamaica - only 100 participate in RvR

Swedish nation - 1000 active players - 500 leave Jamaica - 250 participate in RvR

Which nation is imbalanced? I would say GB nation is imbalanced as as the ratio of players in each sectors is disproportionate.

How do you want to balance casuals and hardcores in all nations? PvE and PvP players? Traders? Alts?

Even if we scrap the idea of nations and move onto clan wars - you will say that "clans are imbalanced" (LMAO). HRE has 200 members, SLRN has 150, AHOY has 50 and MOO has 3 members. Balance the clans!!! 

Nations and clans must balance itself or with help of players. Inter-clan/nation relations. Ally with other clans or nations - trying to achieve mutual goals or make deals. Everyone hated SORRY/Lord Vicious and fought him. It was a common interest of most nations in the game. 

Edited by Peter Goldman

Celtiberofrog    568
2 hours ago, admin said:

3 (do nothing and see how it goes)

That's the wisest solution (the map will get balanced very soon with almost no remaining neutral ports)

Let's test PB's dynamism nations Vs nations with current limit for a few weeks.

Let's settle this then we'll see.

z4ys    1,614
2 hours ago, admin said:

But there is a third option - we jumped to conclusions too often and too early before and maybe current case is the same.
Maybe we need to change nothing as once nations cap the ports they will have to defend them and the number of port battles will drop to pre patch level. (current number of PB is 23 on EU - 23 port battles in one day). 

this.

It makes coordination between clans important and it even keeps the nation together because they just cant be an isolated group in a nation they still have to be part of the nation.

Bart Smith    1,623

Keep things as they are now. Limit for 1 PB for clan sound not good to me. No-lifes, benefit takers and kids with plenty of time will only take profit of RvR when you decide to allow more PB same day. Map will be look similar to pre last wipe anyway and then RvR start - now guys who are vocal for remove limits they doing this only for own purpose - to gather as many ports without real fight (neutral ports)

Peter Goldman    1,298
6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

this.

It makes coordination between clans important and it even keeps the nation together because they just cant be an isolated group in a nation they still have to be part of the nation.

What if X clan will tell you "hello kitty off" and "screw you" and will keep flipping their ports after maintenance? Or what if... we have a Chinese clan that doesn't speak English at all, does not use TS and flips their ports?

Coordination between clans will be important during attacking other nations and defending. For now clans are claiming their territories, but most probably won't be able to defend them on their own if they don't coordinate with others.

Edited by Peter Goldman

Besides I would prefer option 2 I had an idea for number 4.

What if you raise the nation limit up but also put a limit per nation of one port battle per timers slot? 

Even with 3 battles against one small nation this nation would suffer because you can blow them up to one and the same hour.

But if, lets say,  a British clan sets up a battle at first the battle can be choosen to the 5pm/6pm/7pm/8pm slot. Let's say just two Battles can be set for one slot and the first and a second clan completing the hostility are choosing 6pm other clans raising hostility would not be able to put a 3rd battle for 6pm at this day. 

You could also bind in a clan limit of one battle per day so the two clans which have chosen 6pm wouldn't be able to set and blockade another slot. 

Pitxagorri    262
6 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

What about this case? Anolytic for now left it without comment, maybe @Jorge or @Pablo Frias know the answer :) I hope my accusation is not true, would love to get official statement.

Also @sveno Together with my clan we fought for Jamaica to be neutral if you forgot :) It ruins RvR for server. Nonetheless, do you think that all nations should grow equally? What about size of the nations, it really makes them handicapped.

6 hours ago, Anolytic said:

It's such a ridiculous accusation I didn't see it as needing a response. VLTRA was not dissolved, and I assume that there are still players left in the Spanish nation that play under that clantag. I saw some of them sailing around before the update. Not every VLTRA went Danish. What interest or benefit would Danes have from VLTRA holding a port as undefended for us to grab? I saw that there was a port flipped by VLTRA, but I don't even know where on the map that port was.

Reveal hidden contents

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

L hello kittyING MAO

Other clans flips PBs and its ok.

VLTRA flips a PB (a clan with more than 70 members before HYDRA left) and everyone loses his head

Resultado de imagen de dragon ball super gif

Peter Goldman    1,298
8 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

L hello kittyING MAO

Other clans flips PBs and its ok.

VLTRA flips a PB (a clan with more than 70 members before HYDRA left) and everyone loses his head

Resultado de imagen de dragon ball super gif

Who is the leader of VLTRA?

Pitxagorri    262
1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Who is the leader of VLTRA?

if nothing has changed the "leader" in-game is Hidalgo de cisneros.

Farrago    309

My understanding is that one clan can take a port from another clan within the same nation. That was a proposal from the Devs at one time. If this isn't true, then my opinion may change, but...

I like there being a national limit on PB scheduling tho it probably wouldn't hurt to increase the number by a couple. If nations are going to exist in game, there should be some coordination across clans required to be most effective. Also, rivalries between clans -- fighting for the same ports or racing to get their own PB scheduled -- is good for game balance. Fostering competition and cooperation adds additional dynamics to the game.

Skully    1,025

What will happen to all ports having hostility 100% while the limit is reached?

You all DON"T UNDERSTAND the problem... it's not about nation vs nation.. in british nation there are atleast 15 clans that will NEVER have a chance to capture ANY port with the current situation coz every day the same clan(s) take more ports coz they have players online at any given time .. while the other clans might have players who are all from the same country and that makes them always late as oposed to some clan that has a minimum of 10 players online 24 hours.. 

i'm telling you that those clans will get ports only when the big clan(s) have had enough and leave the least important ports to minor clans simply coz they don't wanna be paying tax for them and this is simply not fair for all the small clans (nevermind which nation)

the other nations don't see it as a problem coz most of the nations have 50% of their player base in one or couple really BIG clans .. for british nation 70% of the player base are in clans with 10-20 members

Edited by John Sheppard

CaptVonGunn    323
On 9/11/2017 at 0:53 PM, that guy that time said:

Yes, this need to be changed as soon as possible I think... if the machinic is for individual plans to flip ports then there should not be a national limit for the port battles.

The devs could be nice and set the port battles for the nations that set the hostility to 100 percent first on said ports for tomorrow :/ would be nice.

Make it 2 per clan per day? 

Rebrall    99
8 hours ago, admin said:

all right lets talk limits
current limit of 3 port battles per nation is not optimal because some clans can completely miss out on port battles just because they play later in the day

there are no easy solutions to this but there are ways to reduce the problem

1. Allow to take hostility missions only in the allocated time slot (port battle window). But some clans will still miss out especially on global
  2. Remove national limit and implement the clan limit - nation can have unlimited port battles but clan has a limit of 1 pb per day. No-one can miss out but very small nations will have hard times defending their territory (which is ok as now we have uncapturable waters)

But there is a third option - we jumped to conclusions too often and too early before and maybe current case is the same.
Maybe we need to change nothing as once nations cap the ports they will have to defend them and the number of port battles will drop to pre patch level. (current number of PB is 23 on EU - 23 port battles in one day). 

this topic is important - please be constructive and propose real structured solutions - no rants plz. 

my personal view is to pick either 2 (1 pb per day for a clan) or 3 (do nothing and see how it goes)

Good morning from NZ, 

there is no real fair solutions here cause of the uniqueness of your servers one has no PB limits the other has set timers, 

the options you have is leaving it will be fine on EU because a huge portion of the population plays at the same time,

now on global however the limit cripples us so much cause of the diversity of our time zones,

this is circumstantial however cause of the influx due to new mechanics. So Cause you have two servers very unique from each other you have to creat two unique rule sets to suit each server,

So option 1 for EU is leave it alone and add a shortlist so once the limit is reached the next ports gaining hostility get shortlisted policed on what time they are flipped so they are In order of first in first served, at this point you will have to lock the port from gaining hostility from anyware else, 

option 1 for global has to be a clan limit of no more then 3 I'd personally be happy with 2 

now I see a future problem here what happens when we have real clan RvR how does the hostility work if 2 clans flip a port together? It would be fine while we're all in one group cause one clan has the missions and all clans jump into that mission, but what if for example on global ELITE starts hostility but decides they want the PB at a different time and asks there "clan friends" ARMED to continue the flip later but ELITE want to own the port? Maybe you need to look at changing things so "clan friends" can see the hostility missions maybe?

rediii    3,085

I changed my mind. 

There should be no portbattlelimit at the moment. Problem is that the clans closest to the maintenance/opening of rvr times get their reservations on ports and the guys that come online later cant do anything. This gets worse with the 100% hostility drop after maintenance.

patch the limit out and the map will get active in pvp sooner and not after 1 week of pve grind.

If a nation sets 7 portbattles vs another nation it means that they were unable to defend in OW.

No limit on pbs please