Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

AglyBeard    1

Not all of ship notes got a discount in Admiralty store for some reason. For instance  Indefectible  is still 50 CM and did not get discount while Constitution and Agamemnon did and now 20/30CM each. Is it WAI or was missed in translation?

Quineloe    1,136

Seriously, hostility missions are spawned just like regular missions? How are defenders supposed to FIND them when they could be 10 minutes away?

oleander    21

So the PVE server is able to spawn hostility missions but they don't raise hostility? Are they supposed to live with a sever that has 90% of the ports set as neutral? A couple of us have already finished several hostility missions and don't see anything that says hostility has been raised.

Quineloe    1,136
4 minutes ago, oleander said:

So the PVE server is able to spawn hostility missions but they don't raise hostility? Are they supposed to live with a sever that has 90% of the ports set as neutral? A couple of us have already finished several hostility missions and don't see anything that says hostility has been raised.

Your server is an afterthought to market this game to players with zero interest in PVP and RVR. And you're complaining a PVP / RVR feature doesn't work for you. You can use neutral ports. What else do you want?

Jean Ribault    849
1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I recommend that you add progressive port upkeep costs.  If first is 100k, the 2nd is 100k+X.

If you do not implement something like this, there is a high change that people will just form big clans to rule them all.

This was suggested elsewhere (maybe by you?  lol) and I'm glad you added it to this thread here too.  Really needs to be done, devs.  It's also the theme of many RVR suggestions going way back.

oleander    21
18 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Your server is an afterthought to market this game to players with zero interest in PVP and RVR. And you're complaining a PVP / RVR feature doesn't work for you. You can use neutral ports. What else do you want?

Nobody is complaining, so take your attitude elsewhere. I asked if hostility can be raised and if 90% of the ports are supposed to remain neutral. No one from the dev team has answered so we don't know if its a bug or not.

Quineloe    1,136
2 minutes ago, oleander said:

Nobody is complaining, so take your attitude elsewhere. I asked if hostility can be raised and if 90% of the ports are supposed to remain neutral. No one from the dev team has answered so we don't know if its a bug or not.

You cannot capture ports on the PVE server because you would deny the other 7 nations access to that port. Imagine an enemy nation would take all the ports around your capital.

Be glad you can now reliably spawn missions with 10 Agamemnons in it.

CaptVonGunn    323
1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

Seriously, hostility missions are spawned just like regular missions? How are defenders supposed to FIND them when they could be 10 minutes away?

THey stay open or should 

Peter Goldman    1,281

6. When a player dies during hostility mission, it tells him that hostility dropped, but for others, it doesn't drop. PvP does not lower hostility somehow for everyone.

Peter Goldman    1,281

7. Adding clans to friend list is a nightmare. Clans are not in any alphabetical order, there is no search option and there is like 200 British clans on EU Server...

Quineloe    1,136
10 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

THey stay open or should 

That doesn't matter. They could be anywhere. You accept a mission to flip Port au Prince, the mission might be South of the entire Island, it might be up by Les Gonaives, it might be at Nippes. You accept enough missions with your team in the same place and you'll flip the port by the time the defenders even figure out where you are not.

There is exactly one place where these missions should be: right in front of the port.

Edit: called it, PVE kills were not increased by factor 8  :P

Edited by Quineloe

Mrgoldstein    114

love the patch so far, good job devs!

graphics look great,

ports seem to have more crafting resources, carlisle has coal :)  awesome.

love the changes to the ship permits and notes too, aggy 30 cm, good job :)  no one should be worried about losing a ship anymore, it will be way easier to replace.

also love the changes to rewards, got 150k for a 4th rate mission and about 17combat marks :)  this should give people more incentive to pvp since its way easier to replace ships now, you can replace a 5th rate with one mission now, 

keep up the good work devs :) @admin

Bach    1,274
31 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

That doesn't matter. They could be anywhere. You accept a mission to flip Port au Prince, the mission might be South of the entire Island, it might be up by Les Gonaives, it might be at Nippes. You accept enough missions with your team in the same place and you'll flip the port by the time the defenders even figure out where you are not.

There is exactly one place where these missions should be: right in front of the port.

Edit: called it, PVE kills were not increased by factor 8  :P

I like this idea of hostility missions being known locations in front or near the port. They should be easy to find and contest as they are essentially representing a blockade of that port.

HarryButpain    77

very interesting patch! The maintenance fee is a very important feature and the possibilities to upgrade or expand a port make owning a port even more interesting. 

I believe it is very important in a player driven game like NA that everything a nation does to become bigger and stronger in relalation to the other nations (players) should have (dis)advantages. Basically, the stronger and bigger a nation becomes, the harder it is to maintain this position of power or dominance. The weaker a nation is, the easier it is to send ships into battle and fight. 

Dominance of the Caribbean in NA should come at a price. It should be a national effort to maintain this position of power or the nation will shrink back to a size that accurately reflects the national effort. 

Ink    2,340
1 minute ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

after some ai fights i cant navigate anymore ... fought 2 brigs 2 snows and while fighting a lgv i cant turn left or right .... 

even cant shot, reassing keys dint work also :/

after cancel the fight my keys are working as usual.

Have you activated Brace command? H key by default

Farrago    309

Let's try it the way it is for a while but Devs might consider adding a message in Combat News something like "Pirates attack Georgetown" but that message could be delayed for 30 min or so after the hostility mission has started.

That way we could simulate active defense and respond to attack but it wouldn't allow instant revenge ganks or mission jumping. 

Quineloe    1,136

but that message could be delayed for 30 min or so after the hostility mission has started.

So it appears now 10 minutes after the port battle is scheduled?

Buba Smith    116

Now that our clan [FPM] has had a good chance at the new post map changes I can confidently say WE really like it. The new ships are wonderfull and the Hostility Battles are a blast. 

I do have a question regarding the Neutral Ports on PvE. Will they change to national flags sometime? Pardon me if this has been answered somewhere else. 

Sir Texas Sir    3,669

Do we know how many port battles we can have at the same time for one nation?  Is it still limit to 3 per nations?   Cause if it is having these clan based is going to  make it hard for ever one to wait on others to have there port battles.  We just kinda ran into that on GLOBAL.  One of the Brazilian clans was running up two ports and we plan to flip some tonight.   So we where wondering if it's still limited to 3 per nation at a time. Told them to do there two and we will finish up Kidd's tonight, but if we can do more than 3 we had other ports planed to flip too.

Sir Texas Sir    3,669
2 hours ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

not on purpose - maybe - dont know.

I changed mine to I cause I keep hitting it every time I tried to board something and locked me out of the board action.  That and I found I is annoying when your playing a mortar brig and use K for morter sight....so yah might want to move it to something that might work for you as it's an easy key to hit.

Fengist    51
13 hours ago, admin said:
  • Port battle entry rights is limited to captains who are members of clans to allow conquest players better   control on who enters the port battles.
    • Port battles are now set up by clans for the nation
    • Clans and guilds can add other clans of the same nation to friend lists (allies)
    • Only players in clans on the friend lists (allies) can enter port battles set up by the clan 

Causal players who have no desire to join a clan, if we haven't shoved the stick far enough up your posterior then maybe this will give you the hint, You can get hello kittyed.

Sir Texas Sir    3,669
1 minute ago, Fengist said:

Causal players who have no desire to join a clan, if we haven't shoved the stick far enough up your posterior then maybe this will give you the hint, You can get hello kittyed.

If your a casual player that isn't part of a clan than how would you do clan wars any way?  Just about every other game has content for Clans that solo players can't join in either.