Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

1 minute ago, Robert said:

You have the indicator on your screen saying reinforcements available...

Except you don´t, not if its an enemy reinforcement zone...

Edited by Demsity

Another thing. Right now players dont see which ports give what bonuses. Maybe this can be integrated in the hover over port card like taxes

(trading outpost and labour hour bonus)

8 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ehm I´m sorry what?

Either you cannot read, or you are calling me one of the best players on the server?

1. gank
    ɡaNGk/
    verb
    USinformal
    verb: gank; verb: ganked; gerund or present participle: ganking; 3rd person present: ganks; past participle: ganked
    1. 1.
      take or steal (something).
      "if I have the money, I won't have to gank the books"
      • defraud or rob (someone).
        "they can take trade-ins of new releases and sell them for $55, essentially ganking the publishers"
    2. 2.
      (in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent).
      "that troll just ganked me"

I cannot read?That's funny.
       Might help if you looked again at your previous statements. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Edited by Robert

Just now, Robert said:
  1. gank
    ɡaNGk/
    verb
    USinformal
    verb: gank; verb: ganked; gerund or present participle: ganking; 3rd person present: ganks; past participle: ganked
    1. 1.
        "they can take trade-ins of new releases and sell them for $55, essentially ganking the publishers"
    2. 2.
      (in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent).

I cannot read? Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. That's funny.

It seems that it is you that needs to learn what the term means...

In naval action it is refereed to when a group of players jump a lot fewer, leaving them with no chance to win.

And this just shows what a troll you are m8. Your original statement got busted so you decide to argue over the meaning of ganking instead.
I´m trying to provide feedback to developers here, take your trolling to another forum.

2 minutes ago, Robert said:
  1. gank
    ɡaNGk/
    verb
    USinformal
    1. 1.
    2. 2.

I cannot read? Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. That's funny.

Thing is, you write that because you dont like gankers not because it benefits the game. 

Good UI / Good flow of information so you allways should know whats happening is very important. You had the chance to see the pre wipe safezones (capital area) and you should see it now too

9 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Except you don´t, not if its an enemy reinforcement zone...

"playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication."

Have you read the post that you replying to? It's about player that get tagged and not the player doing the tagging...

1 minute ago, Robert said:

"playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication."

Have you read the post that you replying to? It's about player that get tagged and not the player doing the tagging...

So you cant get tagged in an enemy reinforcement zone?

What game are you playing?

4 minutes ago, Demsity said:

It seems that it is you that needs to learn what the term means...

In naval action it is refereed to when a group of players jump a lot fewer, leaving them with no chance to win.

And this just shows what a troll you are m8. Your original statement got busted so you decide to argue over the meaning of ganking instead.
I´m trying to provide feedback to developers here, take your trolling to another forum.

So your definition of the word gank super seeds the dictionary definition. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Demsity said:

So you cant get tagged in an enemy reinforcement zone?

What game are you playing?

So how would you knowing where the reinforcements zones are would help you in that regard?

In that situation nobody can use reinforcements ...

Please, get better arguments and lets stop wasting everyone time.

Edited by Robert

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

So your definition of the word gank super seeds the dictionary definition. :lol: 

TL;DR for both cases - Easily killing an enemy.

In MMORPG's: To attack a lone member of the enemy team with many people via gang rape; To be a high level character and 1v1 someone that's a very low level and has no chance of winning or even significantly harming the aggressor.

In MOBA's: To secure an easy kill by way of abilities that allow the aggressor to close in on an enemy or cause a high amount of damage in a short amount of time, or both, whilst the victim is out of place. AKA to come up and have suprise anal with that retarded tank who's overextended and isolated on midlane.
Elitist Noob Tank: This hello kittying Khaimera keeps ganking me, gankers are basically just playing on easy mode, tanks actually take skill.
Ganker: Lmao don't step out of line then hello kittynut, you're an easy pick.

source: Urban dictionary

Its an internet slang. And in Naval Action it means that a group of players attack player that are way fewer.

You have no case here dude so bugger off.

So how would you knowing where the reinforcements zones are would help you in that regard?

In that situation nobody can use reinforcements ...

Please, get better arguments and lets stop wasting everyone time.

Yes it would help very much, knowing how far you can chase some one is pretty important. To know when to stop so you don't end up in a reinforcement zone.

Edited by Demsity

I think as soon as it says you're in the uncappable region, e.g. if it shows Gustavia on the top left, you're in the zone of reinforcments.

1 minute ago, Liq said:

I think as soon as it says you're in the uncappable region, e.g. if it shows Gustavia on the top left, you're in the zone of reinforcments.

be helpful  if those people near their capitals could check distances using the trader tool rather than the 2 numpties having a measuring contest and making themselves look like idiots

Belize reinforcement area should be checked just like all others. The county borders were already messed up before the update and it didn't change at all.

6 hours ago, admin said:

Hostility quests disappear from the list of available if your nation has already set 3 port battles for one enemy nation.

why?

TAXATION

I am the only player in my Clan. About a dozen players have left the Clan. No one has been playing for months. I have only just returned a week or so ago. The Creator of the Clan hasn't been seen since June and hasn't played for a year.

So, where do the taxes go? Taxes seem a silly development and do nothing for the playability of the game.

PROGRESS

A little progress has been made. I noticed my FPS has gone up from 30-40, to 50-70+. Also, AI ships on the high seas give some rewards for sinking. Excellent.

Unfortunately, missions have become worse and there are no rewards for fighting a battle. Very strange. The restriction to ships of the same rate is unecessary, in my view.

And, ships still have only one durability. No one except a very good player would risk a pvp under that condition. So, more work to do to get those 2,000 naval wargamers back. I live in hope.

9 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

why?

Because after maintenance all hostility drops to 100%, so to remove frustration of players that grinded ports to 100% and didn't get PB. Also to prevent PvE players using missions to farm gold and combat marks. You can jump to Wasa and do shallow hostility mission on in 1st rate kill 10 Aggies and earn 1.2m gold and 150 combat marks.

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Because after maintenance all hostility drops to 100%, so to remove frustration of players that grinded ports to 100% and didn't get PB. Also to prevent PvE players using missions to farm gold and combat marks. You can jump to Wasa and do shallow hostility mission on in 1st rate kill 10 Aggies and earn 1.2m gold and 150 combat marks.

oke

@adminhow is maintenance of ports calculated exactly? we're paying over 400k for one of our ports every day... (Philipsburg)

Edited by Quineloe

Just now, Quineloe said:

@admin how is maintenance of ports calculated exactly? we're paying over 400k for one of our ports every day... (Philipsburg)

God knows... From my observations it's a exponential function. Once you go past 100k mark (bottom edge), it begins to go up, the more you earn, the faster it goes. Additional bonuses hurt it even more. With one bonus Cartagena was paying over 50% of its income into maintenance cost, which I find very silly. With extra labour it would probably become 75% or so...

yeah, it's beyond silly. There goes any ambition we had to make 2-3 key ports pay for all the unprofitable ones. Map win now clearly will go to the nation that has the most PVE grinding going to pay for ports no one can use.

Why are all the AI traders that are docking at our ports not paying taxes btw?

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

@adminhow is maintenance of ports calculated exactly? we're paying over 400k for one of our ports every day... (Philipsburg)

We mentioned it before and i think during tax discussions.
Maintenance = % of tax collected but not less than 100k. I think the number is 30%. The more tax you collect the more support you need for that. Taxmen, military, defence, administration.

Additional services is based  on maintenance cost - the richer the city the more support services cost. 

Philipsburg made 1.3 mln i think. Why you are unhappy with the 900k profit per day?