Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

I love this patch and its fantastic to see the player population this high again!

@admin are there any plans on marking the enemy reinforcement zones? It is impossible to go hunting in enemy waters because you don't know where their reinforcement zone ends.

The devs are starting to win again, great expansion or patch this go around. now please fix the missions , remove the rate limits so players have more freedom to do what THEY want not want you want them to do.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2017 at 11:32 PM, admin said:

now we need to increase iron supply a bit and maybe add more options for ships-for-combat marks.

Well why not just remove all the iron all together and make all the ships available for combat marks, no one is crafting or using anything else. Except for first rates which no doubt we'll be buying victories for combat marks before the end of the month, all you see sailing around is Wasas (stupidly OP and cheap for its class) and Hermiones. I understand why you have made the choice you have, but you are ruining the experience for the players who like to craft. I understand you need to increase the player base by encouraging new casual player to buy the game but the direction you are taking the game in is a massive kick in the balls to players that have stuck with you from the beginning.

Yes, it took me a while to get to the point that I am as a solo player but I took pride in the fact I had worked my way to it. Now I see players coming in and are sailing 4th rates (Wasa) by the third of fourth day.

My final point on the economy, I don't understand why you felt the need to dramatically increase the combat mark rewards as well as dramatically lower the cost in the admiralty store, one or the other would've been fine but doing both has made it way too easy. Combine that with the recent nerfs to upgrades (which I agree was a good idea) and the upgrades are becoming worthless because almost everyone has the blueprints to craft them now.

Edited by NethrosDefectus

41 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

The devs are starting to win again, great expansion or patch this go around. now please fix the missions , remove the rate limits so players have more freedom to do what THEY want not want you want them to do.

People would abuse that, just look at what they are doing with hostility missions. You can do the 6th rate ones in 1st rates. That's a point, @admin is this something you intend to change? It should take a well organised group to flip a port, not one person.

44 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

People would abuse that, just look at what they are doing with hostility missions. You can do the 6th rate ones in 1st rates. That's a point, @admin is this something you intend to change? It should take a well organised group to flip a port, not one person.

@admin has already said about putting a limit on them much like the epic events have which is a good thing 

Edited by Rebrall

Patch update message (main post updated too)

Hotfixes done over last week (including today)

• Cities set as neutral by clans will have their own unique marker
  • Cities set as neutral by clans allow outpost construction and placing contracts
  • Port battle attack limit set as 3 per enemy nation (it was temporary remove during last weekend to give some more freedom). Previous limit of total 3 port battles was too small. 
  • Production bonuses now work both on trading resources (more trading resources spawn in the city) and on production in buildings (more volume can be mined or grown) 

Other fixes

• Hostility quests disappear from the list of available if your nation has already set 3 port battles for one enemy nation. 
  • Teleport is allowed to free towns
  • Forge papers allow usage in free towns and neutral towns
  • Nation descriptions and difficulty levels added player creation description.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, admin said:

•  
  • Cities set as neutral by clans allow outpost construction and place contracts
  • Port battle attack limit set as 3 per enemy nation (it was temporary remove during last weekend to give some more freedom)
  • Production bonuses now work both on trading resources (more trading resources spawn in the city) and on production in buildings (more volume can be mined or grown) 

Other fixes

• Hostility quests disappear from the list of available if your nation has already set 3 port battles for one enemy nation. 

good stuff

3 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Well why not just remove all the iron all together and make all the ships available for combat marks, no one is crafting or using anything else. Except for first rates which no doubt we'll be buying victories for combat marks before the end of the month, all you see sailing around is Wasas (stupidly OP and cheap for its class) and Hermiones. I understand why you have made the choice you have, but you are ruining the experience for the players who like to craft. I understand you need to increase the player base by encouraging new casual player to buy the game but the direction you are taking the game in is a massive kick in the balls to players that have stuck with you from the beginning.

Yes, it took me a while to get to the point that I am as a solo player but I took pride in the fact I had worked my way to it. Now I see players coming in and are sailing 4th rates (Wasa) by the third of fourth day.

My final point on the economy, I don't understand why you felt the need to dramatically increase the combat mark rewards as well as dramatically lower the cost in the admiralty store, one or the other would've been fine but doing both has made it way too easy. Combine that with the recent nerfs to upgrades (which I agree was a good idea) and the upgrades are becoming worthless because almost everyone has the blueprints to craft them now.

The old way was a massive kick in the balls to the new players, learn to adapt, this patch encourages the new players so the experienced players should have an even easier time. Let's be honest, the new players will be no longer new by the time they sail in a Wasa. There is plenty of crafting needed especially for the new players, the game is going the right way, the increase of rewards (gold, combat marks) and introduction of ship notes regulates the prices on crafted ships. I have seen players asking 360k for a regular snow now imagine if they would be the only source available and/or have an agreement with others to keep the price there. I think all ships should be available via ship notes and crafting so the players can choose which works the best for them.

Again, good job with this patch and hopefully the trend continues down this path.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Demsity said:

I love this patch and its fantastic to see the player population this high again!

@admin are there any plans on marking the enemy reinforcement zones? It is impossible to go hunting in enemy waters because you don't know where their reinforcement zone ends.

Now, let's prey on them in their own waters :huh:. I don't think that's a good idea, the new players are still learning the ropes so they are unsuspecting it should be more so for the experienced players that try to gank them. The experienced players will come after you or not call the reinforcement if on even grounds, besides that it will encourage camping the safe zone borders. Nice try though :)

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, admin said:

• Cities set as neutral by clans allow outpost construction and placing contracts
  • Port battle attack limit set as 3 per enemy nation (it was temporary remove during last weekend to give some more freedom). Previous limit of total 3 port battles was too small. 

Other fixes

awesome stuff

1 hour ago, admin said:

Other fixes

All great stuff devs.

+1

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Now, let's prey on them in their own waters :huh:. I don't think that's a good idea, the new players are still learning the ropes so they are unsuspecting it should be more so for the experienced players that try to gank them. The experienced players will come after you or not call the reinforcement if on even grounds, besides that it will encourage camping the safe zone borders. Nice try though :)

So you are saying that some players would not call reinforcement if they got the chance? BAH...

And I´m not after camping the capitals or attacking new players. I just wanna know how far I can chase an enemy, where I can or cannot hunt. Take the Danes for example:
I must avoid such a big area just because its unclear were the reinforcement circle is.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demsity said:

So you are saying that some players would not call reinforcement if they got the chance? BAH...

And I´m not after camping the capitals or attacking new players. I just wanna know how far I can chase an enemy, where I can or cannot hunt. Take the Danes for example:
I must avoid such a big area just because its unclear were the reinforcement circle is.

I have actually seen it numerous times, the experienced players go after the enemy players not waiting to be attacked which denies them the reinforcements. Again this encourages whoever wants to PvP in their own waters, trust me they will come after you. I'm a new player but if I wanted to hunt I would use the trader tool and intercept the trader routes, aka ganker alleys, based on that. I have played POTBS and what you asking was there, I think unmarked  is a better.

Edited by Robert

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

I have actually seen it numerous times, the experienced players go after the enemy players not waiting to be attacked which denies them the reinforcements. Again this encourages whoever wants to PvP in their own waters, trust me they will come after you.  

That is not what I´m referring to here.

Ill give you an example.

I´m out hunting in my surprise alone. I spot a lonely indiaman doing some trade away from the capital. I start to follow him and slowly catch up.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far enough away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

Does this sound fun to you? or fair?

All I want is an indication of some sorts that the enemy will get reinforcement. It can be in the tag message if so needed.

Edited by Demsity

2 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Ill give you an example.

I´m out hunting in my surprise alone. I spot a lonely indiaman doing some trade away from the capital. I start to follow him and slowly catch up.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far enough away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

All I want is an indication of some sorts that the enemy will get reinforcement. It can be in the tag message if so needed.

I seem to see (KPR area ) reinforcements available up to about 30km away from the port. I'd guess that at least for this area, the exclsuion zone around Jamaica to be about 30km , havent had time to test other zones

Just now, Vizzini said:

I seem to see (KPR area ) reinforcements available up to about 30km away from the port. I'd guess that at least for this area, the exclsuion zone around Jamaica to be about 30km , havent had time to test other zones

If you take Gustavia as an example, we barely get reinforcement out to the small island just outside the port. So it is really inconsistent with these zones.

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

Ill give you an example.

After a while I´m in a position to tag him and he appears to be far away from the capital. The battle starts. He is in the reinforcement zone and presses the Support button. Suddenly two 1st rates appear and blast me to pieces. 

It seems there are some contradictions in your statements above, if he is away from the capital trading that means he is way out of his reinforcement zone. If you are that slow catching up that he makes it back to his reinforcement zone that means it's either your placement is wrong or you need to work on that gank build and make it faster. Sorry, no.

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

If you take Gustavia as an example, we barely get reinforcement out to the small island just outside the port. So it is really inconsistent with these zones.

check the distance, might be because the islands are closer together down there , but never even sailed that far east so I dunno !!

Just now, Robert said:

It seems there are some contradictions in your statements above, if he is away from the capital trading that means he is way out of his reinforcement zone. If you are that slow catching up that he makes it back to his reinforcement zone that means it's either your placement is wrong or you need to work on that gank build and make it faster. Sorry, no.

Gank build? really? I clearly stated that I was hunting alone...

These zones can be used, as it is now, to lure enemy players in to the reinforcement zone with no indication what so ever that they are in them.
This is not the purpose or intent of these zones (as far as I´m aware). These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

49 minutes ago, Demsity said:

These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

these zones should be the same size around all uncapturable cities. if they are inconsistent please tell us which cities we will check

Just now, admin said:

these zones should be the same size around all uncapturable cities. if they are inconsistent please tell us which cities we will check

The area around Gustavia  is really f*cked up.

From Gustavia it streches really far south. But almost directly outside the Gustavia bay (West) its not there.  I suspect that it is because there are other ports close.
I dont know about the other zones since I cant see them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demsity said:

Gank build? really? I clearly stated that I was hunting alone...

These zones can be used, as it is now, to lure enemy players in to the reinforcement zone with no indication what so ever that they are in them.
This is not the purpose or intent of these zones (as far as I´m aware). These zones is to protect new players and PVE players around the capitals, not to give them an unspecified, irregular invisible area of instant win.

It seems that you need to look up gank meaning ;) 

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA728CA728&q=gank&oq=gank&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.1359600.1360276.0.1361553.4.4.0.0.0.0.127.465.0j4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.463...0i67k1.0.PxOQo-ksrl4

The rest, just see my statements above. It's funny you say to " lure the enemy player", nobody is luring you, you are the hunter trying to pose as the victim.

It's not even hard to figure out the size of the reinforcement zones.

Nope, no markers, no camping border zones, there are plenty of waters out there where you can hunt, even in the reinforcement zones just not the players of that nation. 

Again, nice try!

Edited by Robert

10 minutes ago, admin said:

gustavia safezone ends west at philippsburg

Just now, Robert said:

It seems that you need to look up gank meaning ;) 

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA728CA728&q=gank&oq=gank&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l4.1359600.1360276.0.1361553.4.4.0.0.0.0.127.465.0j4.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.463...0i67k1.0.PxOQo-ksrl4

The rest, just see my statements above. It's funny you say to " lure the enemy player", nobody is luring you, you are the hunter trying to pose as the victim.

Nope, no markers, no camping border zones, there are plenty of waters out there where you can hunt, even in the reinforcement zones just not the players of that nation. 

Again, nice try!

playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rediii said:

playerd need to know where safezones are. Its not good to not show it because its just raising anger if you get tagged in one without any indication.

You have the indicator on your screen saying reinforcements available...