Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

23 minutes ago, Ink said:

Built (full ready to action) Wasa and Le Hermione ships can be obtained via combat marks, you choose woods and trims by yourself like it works with redeemable ships on testbed server

But why?

Everyone needs to pve grind now? :/

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Because people cant be trusted and it would be open to abuse. 

OK, I have a friend that can make a script for me farming missions. I think that's the best way for me to survive in the world full of not trusted people. Basic Cutter Midshipman missions, if the script fails or cutter dies, I lose nothing. I can still get Cargo Distribution and mods/books worth 1-5m gold so I will set the script for 24h and enjoy. 

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

An alt account doesn't move or shoot back and is very easy to board and sink

The alt ship costs something, AI ship costs you nothing.

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

OK, I have a friend that can make a script for me farming missions. I think that's the best way for me to survive in the world full of not trusted people. Basic Cutter Midshipman missions, if the script fails or cutter dies, I lose nothing. I can still get Cargo Distribution and mods/books worth 1-5m gold so I will set the script for 24h and enjoy. 

What are you even on about? You're talking crap. How would a script allow you to farm missions? At best you could use a macro to select missions in an easy to get to spot. 

Nice patch!!!

By the way the ship is called l'Hermione and not le Hermione.

The "H" is silent in French therefore we need to use a "l' " otherwise it doesn't sound good.

It's like for L'Océan (l' or le means the).

@NethrosDefectus I hope you do realize that I can farm my alt with current system and game mechanic. Put a ship to my fleet and kill with my main account. It gives me PvE rewards with RNG. Even better! It doesn't display in combat news, so can't be spotted by players easly. I can keep killing lynxes for example.

What are you even on about? You're talking crap. How would a script allow you to farm missions? At best you could use a macro to select missions in an easy to get to spot. 

I've got that macro already. Same for the macro with afk sailing, macro for manual sailing too. Don't worry, macro for doing missions is also doable, just like in all farming à la farmville PvE bot games.

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

@NethrosDefectus I hope you do realize that I can farm my alt with current system and game mechanic. Put a ship to my fleet and kill with my main account. It gives me PvE rewards with RNG. Even better! It doesn't display in combat news, so can't be spotted by players easly. I can keep killing lynxes for example.

I assume you are trying to make a point there? So basically so far you are just listing ways you that know of to prevent yourself actually playing and enjoying the game have paid for. However, I fail to see where you are going with this

5 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

An alt account doesn't move or shoot back and is very easy to board and sink

Ai keeps on your side until it sinks. There is no difference except that he shoots without doing too much damage.

Tbh you would put more effort into farming your alt than farming pve ships. You have to buy or board a ship and find a silent location where you can do your high risk low gain alt farming.

Somebody wake me up when the games becomes playable for PvP-players, thank you. Meanwhile i go back into my cave. Winter is long.

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

I assume you are trying to make a point there? So basically so far you are just listing ways you that know of to prevent yourself actually playing and enjoying the game have paid for. However, I fail to see where you are going with this

Ways that I know preventing me from enjoying the game are PvE grinding RNG and no rewards with huge risk for PvP.

Case closed, thanks.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

I've got that macro already. Same for the macro with afk sailing, macro for manual sailing too. Don't worry, macro for doing missions is also doable, just like in all farming à la farmville PvE bot games.

By "macro for doing missions" do mean an AI script that you would somehow force into the game. A macro by its very definition is only any good for repetitive tasks. It wouldn't be able to adapt as needed to complete missions. I still don't understand the point you getting at though

9 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Nice patch!!!

By the way the ship is called l'Hermione and not le Hermione.

The "H" is silent in French therefore we need to use a "l' " otherwise it doesn't sound good.

It's like for L'Océan (l' or le means the).

L'Hermione, I believe.

By "macro for doing missions" do mean an AI script that you would somehow force into the game. A macro by its very definition is only any good for repetitive tasks. It wouldn't be able to adapt as needed to complete missions. I still don't understand the point you getting at though

Well 1v1 missions are pretty much the same the whole time AI allways wants to show broadside to you if you are not too fast or too slow. If you do turns etc with a little distance to the AI they will allways react the same way.

Basicly the player controlls what the enemy ai is doing thats why its so boring

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Point:

1. You don't want to reward PvP players/battles because it can be abused/exploited

2. PvE can be used 3x more than PvP, yet you have no issue with that. Let's remove most rewards from PvE because we cannot trust people - they can exploit it. I can name 5 more ways to exploit/abuse PvE, should I keep on going with examples?

3 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Patch is being deployed today (might take a while). 

Contents include

• Hostility missions we brought back to give clear and easy way to get hostility to 100% without mindless searching for NPCs.
    • Hostility missions are back, but only spawn in the vicinity of the town
    • Approximate number of missions to raise hostility to 100% - 4.5 missions (each mission has 10 NPC enemies)
    • PVP kills also count towards hostility

Please discuss. 

Good job for the swift Unity 5 transition and I'm more than happy to sail de Prince on live server :)

But I'm worried about the return of the hostility missions. Killing 45 NPC can be done quickly and stealthly.

How are you supposed to defend against them? Launch your own defensive missions as before so we get parallel PVE grind? Are these missons opened for a long while so defenders can enter the battle and get some PVP? Will those missions be indicated on the world map for all to see so we can gather in the area for a fight?

Sadly, we don't need more invisible ninja flips via PVE, but more OW PVP outside of commerce raiding :(

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Point:

1. You don't want to reward PvP players/battles because it can be abused/exploited

2. PvE can be used 3x more than PvP, yet you have no issue with that. Let's remove most rewards from PvE because we cannot trust people - they can exploit it. I can name 5 more ways to exploit/abuse PvE, should I keep on going with examples?

1. Where did I say that? I just said that the same system for skill books in PvE wouldn't suit PvP.

2.Once again, where did I say that? 

It sounds to be like you want PvP to be only thing that is worthwhile in the game.  Personally I don't think five frigates jumping a new player in a mercury should be rewarded full stop. Because that's what 90% of PvP in this game is

2 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Off topic but...isn't farming alts against the NA rules? Just asking.....

It is, thats why its high risk low gain.

Discussion was why pve ships drop nice loot and pvp ships dont. Answer was because of exploiting but its actually way less effective to farm your alt account for upgrades.

Also its realy obvious and can be automated to catch the farmer ... if someone kills the same player 50x each week he could be a alt farmer :)