Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

Never had an issue with labour hours:

1. Players sell them for 50-100g per hour

2. Dedicated crafters can use officer perks to increase/decrease LH usage and generation

3. You get LCs from sealed bottles

4. You can produce labor contracts or hire other players to produce it for you (use LC only for making cannons and ships, things that other players cannot make for you)

• Like 3

Exactly, new players need to earn the economy on a combat mission. To set up their own (craft) economic station.

Starting in your game is a real headache against the old ones who already know all the pnj / contract money / tips / change routes.

Moreover it immediately amuses itself to distort the shops of other cities in smuggler thanks to their tons of millions to buy on the spot and to resell to x200% of the price to block any possible purchase with the contracts ...

which discourages the new players after the wipe to go further, not being able to sail without being hunted, and thus remained in neutral.

Cities should not be spoiler by ultra rich smugglers who block the purchase of city resources

It's really easy to stop all production in the city ..just make contrat buying /sell by days with some millions Crédit .(look number Traderlynx spoted in open sea)

17 minutes ago, admin said:

You contradict yourself here. 
The fact that there are no long guns in capital ports actually means that economy IS player driven. Lack of long guns means = not enough people making them. Maybe someone will step up and start making them - showing everyone how player driven economy works.

I cannot make more cannons if nobody is selling iron and coal and my labour hours are all used.

Congratulations, you have created a player-driven economy that does not generate enough supply of the simplest goods.

If it were not from mission drops of cannons, we would all play a naval action game not being able to shoot each other.

53 minutes ago, admin said:

Don't be silly.
Single player game economy only has to make one player happy. It does not have to think about the other 1000 guys. 

If we had a working player economy, it would make 500 guys happy, 500 unhappy and that one player filthy rich... :P

12 minutes ago, admin said:

The fact that there are no long guns in capital ports actually means that economy IS player driven. Lack of long guns means = not enough people making them. Maybe someone will step up and start making them - showing everyone how player driven economy works.

I did (but maybe not enough).

And made a list of all issues and suggestions.

Which probably still need to be addressed before we can actually show a player economy.

Can someone explain the production of resources. KPR fir building is 350per day and if i goto Placer i get the same crappy 350. My understanding was if you go out of safe area you get way better goods. Whats point of capped ports?

3 minutes ago, BetaVape said:

Can someone explain the production of resources. KPR fir building is 350per day and if i goto Placer i get the same crappy 350. My understanding was if you go out of safe area you get way better goods. Whats point of capped ports?

No, that whole part was not in the patch. You capture ports for the weekly victory mark shower. 

The only thing you can do is ask the port owner to pay more money on maintenance so you can harvest 20% more resources...

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Siegfried said:

Some players realize that charcoal is not necessary now for crafting. At least for casting metals and guns.

Is charcoal a dead good now?

Wonder this too cause it's not used for the small carros any more either.

1 hour ago, admin said:

You're being obtuse. Why would experienced players with hundreds or even thousands of hours all simply choose not to make Long Cannons, for no reason, even if it would make them money?

Sure, it's player-driven, but the players are driving it into the rocks. Apparently, this doesn't concern you in the slightest. Thanks for never replying to my PM about not being able to play the game at all for a few weeks, by the way. Real professional. Not even a "we have a forum for that."

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wonder this too cause it's not used for the small carros any more either.

Charcoal, gunpowder, muskets, war supplies. For some reason trader tool is still listing all "fine woods" probably as place holders. I hope this never gets back to the game, admin should burn it to the ground, delete all of the traces of it from past.

Edited by Peter Goldman
  • Like 1

I'm not making cannons because which size is it you want? 4 6 9 12 18 24 32 - that's  seven different cannons. Add carronades you get another 4 relevant sizes,

That is 11 different products. Putting a working number of all of them into the store would require more labor hours than I have available. I pay a lot of taxes to do that and then half of the contracts just expire for nothing. Nope, not gonna work it like that.

I dont sell any things to the market atm. I ask myself: Why I dont participate in the nations economy. The answer is: "No need for that!". We are a group of players working together for gathering ressources and crafting ships. We have all we need and that is a good thing, i have fun organising the group and see how fine it works. The problem: The market dies as more players do that. Also solo players doing so by using some alt accounts. Before patch 11 I ve sold some things on market because of I needed money for gathering new ressources and keep our internal economy alive. Now it is very profitable to make PvE Missions, no need to sell something for earning money anymore.

But how to let the players play as crafting group and and have fun AND force them to be part of the nations economy?

MAYBE an idea could be warehouse costs. It is the same like in reality. The companies prevent to store as much as they can. Instead they prefer an "on Demand" system. There should be a warehouse capacity limit found and all over that must be rent and generates costs. The result: Players start to sell things on market.

@admin plz think about that or did you already do that?

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

I dont sell any things to the market atm. I ask myself: Why I dont participate in the nations economy. The answer is: "No need for that!". We are a group of players working together for gathering ressources and crafting ships. We have all we need and that is a good thing, i have fun organising the group and see how fine it works. The problem: The market dies as more players do that. Also solo players doing so by using some alt accounts. Before patch 11 I ve sold some things on market because of I needed money for gathering new ressources and keep our internal economy alive. Now it is very profitable to make PvE Missions, no need to sell something for earning money anymore.

But how to let the players play as crafting group and and have fun AND force them to be part of the nations economy?

MAYBE an idea could be warehouse costs. It is the same like in reality. The companies prevent to store as much as they can. Instead they prefer an "on Demand" system. There should be a warehouse capacity limit found and all over that must be rent and generates costs. The result: Players start to sell things on market.

Being a part of nation economy is not possible. You can be only part of clan/friends economy and global economy. Global economy because of alts and inter-nation trading in neutral/free towns and smugglers.

History of this game knows very well smugglers like EL LOCO buying all valuable goods, take whatever he could carry and destroy the rest. I know a player that would sabotage Spanish national economy by buying all goods and ships and destroying them.

The time you're trying to make a good thing for your nation by selling something cheap (for newbies and rookies), this can be abused by enemies or "assholes" that buy it and put again for sell just for the higher price than you did to make profit.

Edited by Peter Goldman

8 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I pay a lot of taxes to do that and then half of the contracts just expire for nothing. Nope, not gonna work it like that.

Sometimes I wonder why contracts should expire. You have limit of how many contracts you can put, so why there is a deadline for them? I see no way that it could be abused.

Edited by Peter Goldman

One huge issue is that you can't see what other ports are selling, so everyone relies on the capital being the port where trade happens (or another agreed hot hub like Belize).

Is "capital" even a thing anymore at this point? Is KPR in any way different from Belize? 

If I decided to sell stuff out of one of my clans ports right now, I'd have to spam nation chat to the point of a moderator shutting me up. Because no one would know I sold proper ships there for sale, no one would know I'd have all cannons there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

One huge issue is that you can't see what other ports are selling, so everyone relies on the capital being the port where trade happens (or another agreed hot hub like Belize).

Is "capital" even a thing anymore at this point? Is KPR in any way different from Belize? 

If I decided to sell stuff out of one of my clans ports right now, I'd have to spam nation chat to the point of a moderator shutting me up. Because no one would know I sold proper ships there for sale, no one would know I'd have all cannons there.

Actually trading hubs are generated by players themselves. I encourage 5-6 clans to move their ships to port x and start selling there cannons and repairs with rum. There is port battle in Cartagena, I do the same, maybe selling also some screening ships too. Spotting where your nation operates or creating opportunities for it.

3 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Prices for certain goods will go up until it becomes profitable to make them and sell them. 
Also you can get EVERYTHING for free by capturing from the enemy. 

26 minutes ago, greybuscat said:

Thanks for never replying to my PM about not being able to play the game at all for a few weeks, by the way. Real professional. Not even a "we have a forum for that."

Why do we even go to this subject. We never promised personal conversations with due to the volume of the mail we receive, replies in PM should never be expected, we just can't make it happen on a daily basis.

There is a support forum and players are expected to ask question in the support forum - those questions are handled with good speed. 

37 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Actually trading hubs are generated by players themselves. I encourage 5-6 clans to move their ships to port x and start selling there cannons and repairs with rum. There is port battle in Cartagena, I do the same, maybe selling also some screening ships too. Spotting where your nation operates or creating opportunities for it.

And how do you do that? Right, you talk people into it until they're sick of hearing about it.

By the way, one thing yet to be touched is super low supply resources for upgrades such as Cartagena Tar...
Surely we can have a better system than  random generation of the resource every X hours that whoever has the highest buy contract at the time will get?

Edited by Quineloe

4 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

And how do you do that? Right, you talk people into it until they're sick of hearing about it.

By the way, one thing yet to be touched is super low supply resources for upgrades such as Cartagena Tar...
Surely we can have a better system than  random generation of the resource every X hours that whoever has the highest buy contract at the time will get?

No, I don't spam nation chat, it's a low-level strategy of advertising. I talk to leaders, diplomats, influential players. You need to convince them to your ideas and plans :) Also port battles and hostility generates natural demand for certain goods. 

• Like 1

Seems the option to increase resource production for clan owned ports does NOT increase building production which is a bummer in my opinion. Will it in the future?

Although for ports with special resources or rare woods, it is a good boost!

2 hours ago, admin said:

The prices of long guns (or crafted uncapturable ships) will go up until it becomes profitable to make them. Which to my opinion is as player driven as it can be.

Yah I need to adjust my price with the fact now folks make more money. I been giving great deals to our nation for the common longs but still making a great profit.  Time to up the price.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Charcoal, gunpowder, muskets, war supplies. For some reason trader tool is still listing all "fine woods" probably as place holders. I hope this never gets back to the game, admin should burn it to the ground, delete all of the traces of it from past.

I figured I'll wait to see how much they change and than run a ship full of those goods to a free town and dump them.  Was trying to see if Charcoal is used for anything else and not finding it.

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

I'm not making cannons because which size is it you want? 4 6 9 12 18 24 32 - that's  seven different cannons. Add carronades you get another 4 relevant sizes,

That is 11 different products. Putting a working number of all of them into the store would require more labor hours than I have available. I pay a lot of taxes to do that and then half of the contracts just expire for nothing. Nope, not gonna work it like that.

4 6 and 9's longs are the best profits cause every one needs those.   I wouldn't touch any others  unless it's buy to order. I leave the Carros for some one else, but I got through stacks of 160 of the 6 & 9's daily easily.  Great profit for some one of lower level to get into it.  

• Like 1

Bots have started to fire chain... At least two mercs in a captain mission fired chain at my ventre.

3 hours ago, shaeberle84 said:

I cannot make more cannons if nobody is selling iron and coal and my labour hours are all used.

Congratulations, you have created a player-driven economy that does not generate enough supply of the simplest goods.

If it were not from mission drops of cannons, we would all play a naval action game not being able to shoot each other.

Place buy contracts. Don't know your server, but 3x per day I check Mort's market and buy all oak/iron etc available at a halfway reasonable price. Undoubtedly other people are using the flux in market to stockpile which is probably why you're having trouble finding things for sale- they've been bought already

39 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

No, I don't spam nation chat, it's a low-level strategy of advertising. I talk to leaders, diplomats, influential players. You need to convince them to your ideas and plans :) Also port battles and hostility generates natural demand for certain goods. 

We're talking about two different things here.