Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

@admin @Ink can we get a mini update of all these hotfix's that we have had.  So we know what issues might of been fixed and what haven't and what we should keep looking for if more info is needed?

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Now every nation wants that port.

Gratulations. :D

Feel invited to the party :lol: I think Danish already gave up, they got very salty after 3 attempts.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Now every nation wants that port.

Gratulations. :D

yah I kinda like that feature cause we can see what ports get all the business and make plans.....I mean do trade.

Do the european traders work like they did before?

Being that you need to have a buy contract up with 3 times the buy price yeah? Or can someone give me a refresher.

2 hours ago, admin said:

there are 10 mln iron ore loads, 6 mln iron ingots loads, and 4 mln iron fittings loads in the system right now (in stores or in player holdings). Some resources were cut as they were oversupplied

So, why not take that data and show it to player. Where? How much? For how long? Knowing this player will move and clean up these piles much faster thus increasing global econ. Right now we are blind folded and these useless material numbers will only increase. I see an easy fix here, but do you?

Edited by George Washington

2 hours ago, admin said:

there are 10 mln iron ore loads, 6 mln iron ingots loads, and 4 mln iron fittings loads in the system right now (in stores or in player holdings). Some resources were cut as they were oversupplied

and how many muskets, rudder parts? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

So, why not take that data and show it to player. Where? How much? For how long? Knowing this player will move and clean up these piles much faster thus increasing global econ. Right now we are blind folded and these useless material numbers will only increase. 

One of the biggest problems is players try for the easy money and sale to the AI and not put up contracts in ports that need them (like capitals).  why haul it to a capital when you can make just as much profit saleing it to a free town?   We really need a way to see all the shops in a region or nation to know who is trying to buy stuff or sale them.  A trader tool overhaul would help with this.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Everybody wants realistic economy and zero sum balanced rewards, but nobody plays those games. 
Realistic economy means 1% are rich, everyone else has a job. We found that most players don't  want a job in a game, they just want progress at their own pace and it means money should not be a problem for everyone. 

You are wrong here, first introduce open market similar to potbs and then see what happens. Realistic Economy in game is to be able to see what Countries sell and what is missing in ports, I would gladly sail long distances and become a true trader then. No one likes to invest time into a blind game you have to understand this. 

Edited by George Washington

Something that needs fixed is when placing a contract you should drop the minimum to 1 not 10 as well as when crafting . I should be able the place a contract for 1 Tera -cata to fill a delivery order. No have to buy 10 minimum which requires a shit load a money . and also when crafting eating all your labor hours up and warehouse space whitch brings me to we need to have more available warehouse house space and dock space and cheaper expansion prices on it . please

Edited by Captain corn blower

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I can increase my production by 10/20% at the cost of 10/20% to port upkeep.  I can decrease the labor cost by 10/20% at the cost of the same. So if you have a max out port it cost you 140K to upkeep.  Not bad as I pay that with one mission.   Tax can only be adjusted from 0-10%.  By what I'm seeing on Global is that the tax can pay any where to 25-100%+ of your upkeep depending how many folks use that port.  

The second part was about the general discussion that was going on about the econ.  It had nothing to do with you.

we think the bonuses could be increased

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings). 

1 minute ago, admin said:

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings)

I would like to see increased bonuses! as well as different bonuses if that's possible :)

I was under the assumption that the increase in resources was for production buildings too...hmmm - I'll check this, but I feel that it should also affect production buildings if it doesn't.

56 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

by the way, any chance you could announce the changes made to fire on ships?

we did not touch fire.. what changed with fires to your opinion?

an AI ship with almost full crew went into fire shock and exploded. I'm not aware of that ever happening before the patch

8 minutes ago, admin said:

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings). 

Yah I haven't got back to port to test this out.  Was wondering about that too.   Though it says production.   Either way the labor hour discount is nice.  I would love to see maybe tax's bump up to 20% max maybe.  We will get some testing on it and see how things go.  By looks of it that most folks can get more than enough money to pay the upkeep in a few ports while making up for what your not making in others.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Why are they there in the first place? Because of stupid fixed prices the NPC/AI buys materials more expensive than they were to craft. Making Ingots and other materials was the easiest way to make money after patch 10.0.

Remove the fixed prices, PLEASE! They ruin the economy completely (coming from someone with a PhD in economics btw).

15 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

an AI ship with almost full crew went into fire shock and exploded. I'm not aware of that ever happening before the patch

We shot at it pretty heavy while itnwas on fire

Shooting on fire makes it bigger

14 hours ago, rediii said:

Eco is broken.

Noone sells ressources/materials anymore because gold isn't worth anything so we cant build ships anymore alone

This will resolve after the new price level is known. Then people will sell ressources and/or their labour hours again. Overall higher price level is actually a good thing, because now it is more profitable to sell ressources to players than to craft materials and sell them to NPCs.

Fixed NPC prices are still stupid, though. ^^

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Thats right and I struggle of a way how eck is atleast a bit possible but I dont know yet. :/ Maybe it comes back to life though. Money is only worth nothing because noone sells ressources but maybe it changes once ressources are bought up in the surrounding ports.

You can easily tackle that by increasing the number of production buildings per player (however, increasing costs over-proportionately, like ship slots or outpost costs).

3 hours ago, admin said:

Unlike reality (iron deposit is finite) the supply is unlimited as 10000 players can build a mine in the city, and mine normally.

The daily production is reduced but it is in fact unlimited because of european traders that were brought back. Place a contract for coal in a coal producing city and if the price is right the resource will be brought to you.

There is no inflation on production costs as a result. Because if economy was fully realistic we go back to - "i want to play an iron miner but i can't because the iron mine license is already given to that guild and no-one else can have it as there is only one mine in that city"

Please give us more information on the level of european trader prices.

On 9/13/2017 at 12:33 PM, Stepp636 said:

Wo cares about one victory mark? 

It's just 100 CM's now

I guess that the problem is that the initial advantage is likely to keep DK ahead for some time, assuming that from now on GB and DK will conquest the same amount of port per day (as it was in the last two days).

Edited by victor

1 hour ago, admin said:

we did not touch fire.. what changed with fires to your opinion?

One AI almost exploded next to me (1st rate with 400 crew went into fire shock). The ship wasn't in crew shock.

Edited by Peter Goldman

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

One AI almost exploded next to me (1st rate with 400 crew went into fire shock). The ship wasn't in crew shock.

Did you hammer it very hard with multiple broadsides at the time that happened?

4 hours ago, admin said:

Everybody wants realistic economy and zero sum balanced rewards, but nobody plays those games. 
Realistic economy means 1% are rich, everyone else has a job. We found that most players don't  want a job in a game, they just want progress at their own pace and it means money should not be a problem for everyone. 

I just started the game and want to say, good job, love the game and I think this patch is a step in the right direction. I have few suggestions that might help with the new players, I think the game needs to speed up and get new players faster to rank 6 (250 crew) which means adjusting the experience and combat marks earned for 1-6 rank missions and ow activities.

I think the missions should scale with the rank and need to be toned down, AI and all, for example rank 3 missions are against 3 AI ships which are deadly accurate that seem to take less damage, not suffer from crew loss and sail pretty well at 55% sails. I have played games ever since they were invented and like a challenge but those NPC's would give a new equal rank player an embarrassing beat down most of the time. If if by chance the new player wins, would of used consumables and spent a lot of time for 125 exp and couple combat marks. Basically a new player is stuck doing the rank 1 missions which is 50-100 exp, 1-3 cm while there is 11000 exp needed to get to a meaningful PvP/PvE rank. I understand the concept of time to learn and all but there is not much learning if you stuck in a cutter for the means to advance. The main thing to be learned is manual sailing which you can get the basics in a snow but the best practice is a 5th rate.  That's were the fun is too so getting the new players faster there would help attracting/keeping them in game. Like you said, most of us we already have a job and we don't need this to be one, it's the fun and recreational factor that we are after.

In conclusion, awesome job for creating such a beautiful game, please keep going at it and don't give up just trial and error, as you already know, with the right balance this game has the potential to be the best. Just my thoughts!

35 minutes ago, victor said:

I guess that the problem is that the initial advantage is likely to keep DK ahead for some time, assuming that from now on GB and DK will conquest the same amount of port per day (as it was in the last two days).

There are ports worth 2 and 3 points, you didn't consider it. Danish took San Juan worth 3 points for example and we took Cartagena de Indias.

Edited by Peter Goldman