Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

6 AI in PB is a joke. You have 10 in hostility missions, why not 25 AI in Port Battle? It means that 5 players can capture a port... We are back to capturing ports with 5 players just like solo'ing with flags and old tower/BR system.

YzDom0V.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

Placentia is an active PB but not all the others on the PVP EU server. It just says "no active PB started"

My suspicion is that the system broke when so many port battles attempted to start at the same time. we reserver good large instances for them and maybe thats the reason. Can be fixed with some programming time but not today unfortunately. we will see if it is possible to move them but the chances are slim.

Reason people are around the capital area's is to find people to fight, and raid. Now with that gone, I have no incentive to go sailing for hours in the hopes of finding somebody...

And vice versa I enjoyed hunting down raiders attacking KPR or Belize. And scare them off or fight (and often die :D ). 

I literally jumped in a privateer to hunt Dutch Traders, that is now off the books, as that entire region is basically protected now.  I avoided anything below 'master and commander' lvl, even gave money to dutch starters and tips on how to avoid us 'raiders'.

But where do I find these traders now, with that entire region on lock down...

I also raided the French,Swedes I would sail up and down between Carriacou and Desirades and hunt traders sailing between bridgetown and Fort Royal, again this is now off the books as that region is also on lock down.

So where do I hunt traders now... I could join some of my clan mates and do PVE missions now all around protected Jamaica and fight AI, but that's not why I joined a PVP server.

9 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

6 AI in PB is a joke. You have 10 in hostility missions, why not 25 AI in Port Battle? It means that 5 players can capture a port... We are back to capturing ports with 5 players just like solo'ing with flags and old tower/BR system.

TBH 25 constis would still be a pushover for a dozen Wasas, and an insane money farm. Five players can capture a port, so what? five players will pay maintenance for a port for how long...?

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

YzDom0V.jpg

Joke? Ridiculous? Etc Every post some crap statement like that. Almost every post. 

Look man no-one is forcing you to eat the cactus so to speak. I for example will give up on reading your posts if they all start like that. Got it?

2 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

TBH 25 constis would still be a pushover for a dozen Wasas, and an insane money farm. Five players can capture a port, so what? five players will pay maintenance for a port for how long...?

i guess hostility mission bots should be lowered. as we DO want 5 player clan to have a chance to take a port if they wish. 

Just now, admin said:

i guess hostility mission bots should be lowered. as we DO want 5 player clan to have a chance to take a port if they wish. 

would it be possible to set a min of 5 and then a max of 25 depending on the amount of ships which enter??

Just now, admin said:

How can a 5 player clan defend a port from 25 enemies? This will only work if they capture useless ports. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

i agree

14 minutes ago, Jef said:

So where do I hunt traders now... I could join some of my clan mates and do PVE missions now all around protected Jamaica and fight AI, but that's not why I joined a PVP server.

You did. So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty of activity around hostility these days. . Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can and want to fight back? We are sure they will come out and start coming out more.. but there will be less hunting in areas around uncapturable islands or coasts.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm not sure about other groups, but we have been able to do the hostility missions with 3 guys at minimum (but it was rough). Once we added a 4th player it was not hard.

15 minutes ago, Jef said:

...I literally jumped in a privateer to hunt Dutch Traders, that is now off the books, as that entire region is basically protected now.  I avoided anything below 'master and commander' lvl, even gave money to dutch starters and tips on how to avoid us 'raiders'.

I also raided the French,Swedes I would sail up and down between Carriacou and Desirades and hunt traders sailing between bridgetown and Fort Royal, again this is now off the books as that region is also on lock down.

You won't find them.  20% player tax, I quit the game.  I'm sure many will follow.  There is no reason to trade anymore.  10% coming, 10% going.  Time for Civ VI.  Taxing players is a huge mistake.

Edited by Jean Ribault

2 minutes ago, admin said:

So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty of activity around hostility these days. . Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can and want to fight back?

Because it's completely unprofitable. It's better for your clan to raise a hostility, and capture an AI defended port instead, through RvE.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Five players in Bellonas should easily walk over 10 Agamemnons.

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I'm not sure about other groups, but we have been able to do the hostility missions with 3 guys at minimum (but it was rough). Once we added a 4th player it was not hard.

from your experience they are easy
you are a pro

from new player perspective the mountain is insurmountable.

15 minutes ago, Jef said:

Reason people are around the capital area's is to find people to fight, and raid. Now with that gone, I have no incentive to go sailing for hours in the hopes of finding somebody...

And vice versa I enjoyed hunting down raiders attacking KPR or Belize. And scare them off or fight (and often die :D ). 

I literally jumped in a privateer to hunt Dutch Traders, that is now off the books, as that entire region is basically protected now.  I avoided anything below 'master and commander' lvl, even gave money to dutch starters and tips on how to avoid us 'raiders'.

I know its an old song. But imagine a 10 or 15 minute joining timer at ROE. BR doesnt matter. What happens is that the closer to an enemy port you get the more dangerous it becomes to attack a ship. Pretty much like in real life. If you are more than 10-15 minutes away from a port - say somewhere at the open sea - no one can come for help. Pretty much in real life. For the traders going across the open sea the benefits for huge profits must be enhanced. In this way pirates have their real role as they had. No pirate ever sailed just in front of a fort capturing traders. They did so in remote corners. A longer joning timer would reflect this.

Longer joning timers would also make big battles an option. Sail out - find a battle- enjoy the action. 

I simply wonder why the ability to join action has been limited to enhance gankers close to enemy capitals.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

You did. So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty of activity around hostility these days. . Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can and want to fight back? We are sure they will come out and start coming out more.. but there will be less hunting in areas around uncapturable islands or coasts.

Good point.

And as i see it, PvP 'zones' will just set after some of the first ports got flipped.

there will be a lot RvR (I hope) and fleet PvP action.

Fight for 'rare' ressources. Let small clan have ports, why not, i aggree.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

from your experience they are easy
you are a pro

from new player perspective the mountain is insurmountable.

true.

could the missions then scale up as you add more people into the mission?

3 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Taxing players is a huge mistake.

no. for new players it will be business as usual.
first the profits margins are 3-4x+ or more on trading goods 
second most games have taxes 
third - trade with untaxed ports

and again - for new players this will be fine

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

true.

could the missions then scale up as you add more people into the mission?

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

1 minute ago, admin said:

You did. So why don't you pvp pvp players? In unprotected waters. There are plenty. Everyone is raising hostility or doing port battles? Why don't you fight those who can fight back?

Oh I fought more then just traders, but you are missing the point... if those area's are protected where most people are, how can we find people that do venture outside of these regions.
Especially with the current amount of people!

Why not come with options of doing convoy missions for people etc, I'm a trader myself, I hire clan members to protect me when I went around Jamaica or did bigger trips. 

Regarding hostility grinding, yeah I spend my fair time helping out... but try finding the enemy fleet... with the mission spawn all over the place..