Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

Galt    7
3 hours ago, admin said:

we will update the PB times to times when they should have happened manually (but one time).

Bless you gentlemen, thank you for your understanding!

fox2run    493
4 hours ago, mikawa said:

Too early to state this. Lets first test it properly. And besides, even a big clan with only 5 players online is a weak clan. The friendship option is for that. Not so bad, I guess.

We have been testing clans for some time now. They dont work properly. Once a clan reach a certain size, it will divide when leaders dont agree. The splitted clans wont be as solid and usually split again. Any mid-size and small clan is very, very hard to make work. My clan has around 15 members, but halt of them didnt log in for a year and the other half not for six months waiting for the next patch or some more action. I was a member of a bigger clan, but there where a lot of disagreements and it splitted up in fragments. Another clan took leadership of the nation, but it meant a kind of an oligarchy where normal players had to follow what "was best for the nation". All in all a pretty bad gaming experience.

The fun part is battles some trading and shipbuilding. How can we experience this without the clan-based stuff? How can I have this feeling as fighting for a nation, participate in the big battles, defending, figting etc without being dependant on [clans]? (Its ok to have these but please dont make them nescessary to have the full gaming experience). Clans split a nation and hence the game-community. We need to put players together not dividing them into atoms.

1) Port battles open FOR ALL.

2) All ships should be able to be built by single players within reasonable time.

3) Nation-mechanisms should be favoured before any clans. (Like scoreboards, arena-like battle setup-options in OW like patrols/areas of control etc.

thank you

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed backhanded insult - no worries.

Captain Lust    481
4 hours ago, admin said:

admiralty builds them and gives distinguished captains (owning combat marks) the chance to get them straight from the government

I like it, good addition to the game imo. 

mikawa    319
3 hours ago, fox2run said:

Port battles open FOR ALL.

The problem are players joining in minor ships. So the decision was to restrict port battle participation only to clan members.

I agree that clan environments are a pain but this is common in all multiplayer online games ... sad but true, nobody sees you so people feel like they are protected by anonymity ...

fox2run    493
2 hours ago, mikawa said:

The problem are players joining in minor ships. So the decision was to restrict port battle participation only to clan members.

I agree that [clan] environments are a pain but this is common in all multiplayer online games ... sad but true, nobody sees you so people feel like they are protected by anonymity ...

A game like Warthunder is known to most. Clan-membership or TS is good to have to get the upper hand in a fight. But its not like you cant get into a fight without it. Nor is it impossible to have a certain airplane.

Think of clans or TS environments in the same way here in NA. Its good to coordinate a fight on TS but it shouldnt be mandatory like it is now in order to get into PBs or sail in SOLs. Yes, players could come in smaller vessels but if that is a problem it would be better to make limits on the vessels allowed in a port battle than to say to 50% or more of the community that they are not welcome in "our" game. If losses a bearable players would fight more often. They also need a cause to fight. As it is now, I cant enjoy the big battles. Hell, I even gave up on knowing the not so obvious mechanisms that should lead to a fight. Why the hell is it made so complicated? 

Simplify it and kick the clans to a tactical level where they belong. 

kind regards

Cmdr RideZ    646

I am a casual player.  I have 2 hours to play per day.  My clan says that we do hostility missions.  I have time to sail 2 of those, I earn 1.2 million.

Yesterday we did missions as well, but enemy came to defend and I lost my L'OCean.  Later that day we did OW PvP and I lost my Constitution.

How many days I have to play to earn back what I lost?

One big issue NA had was that people could not afford to lose ships.  They did not want to do PvP or only if they had superior numbers.

NA waters are full of uneven fights, 99.9% are uneven.  Will this income rate be enough to grow your sacks so big that the next time you are at BR disadvantage, you take that fight and see what happens.

Would be also interesting to see if our "pro" players finally grow balls big enough that they actually sail something else than a speed boat.  I did not name anyone, not my fault if you felt a sting in your heart.

Does it really matter if we have some HC players who have 100 billion on their account, if at the same time we have a server full of players actually playing Naval Action?

rediii    3,015
1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I am a casual player.  I have 2 hours to play per day.  My clan says that we do hostility missions.  I have time to sail 2 of those, I earn 1.2 million.

Yesterday we did missions as well, but enemy came to defend and I lost my L'OCean.  Later that day we did OW PvP and I lost my Constitution.

One big issue NA had was that people could not afford to lose ships.  They did not want to do PvP or only if they had superior numbers.

NA waters are full of uneven fights, 99.9% are uneven.  Will this income rate be enough to grow your sacks so big that the next time you are at BR disadvantage, you take that fight and see what happens.

Would be also interesting to see if our "pro" players finally grow balls big enough that they actually sail something else than a speed boat.  I did not name anyone, not my fault if you felt a sting in your heart.

Does it really matter if we have some HC players who have 100 billion on their account, if at the same time we have a server full of players actually playing Naval Action?

If you dont understand the meta or just dont want to accept it dont call good players "speedboat" drivers and challenge them that the, shall come with something different. Honestly they come with that because you can decide if you want to fight or not and minimize your losses. You dont do that which is ok and your problem but dont expect to get a 1st rate a day with 2h playtime...

fox2run    493
Just now, rediii said:

If you dont understand the meta or just dont want to accept it dont call good players "speedboat" drivers and challenge them that the, shall come with something different. Honestly they come with that because you can decide if you want to fight or not and minimize your losses. You dont do that which is ok and your problem but dont expect to get a 1st rate a day with 2h playtime...

Ehm... Why not? 

rediii    3,015
3 minutes ago, fox2run said:

A game like Warthunder is known to most. Clan-membership or TS is good to have to get the upper hand in a fight. But its not like you cant get into a fight without it. Nor is it impossible to have a certain airplane.

Think of clans or TS environments in the same way here in NA. Its good to coordinate a fight on TS but it shouldnt be mandatory like it is now in order to get into PBs or sail in SOLs. Yes, players could come in smaller vessels but if that is a problem it would be better to make limits on the vessels allowed in a port battle than to say to 50% or more of the community that they are not welcome in "our" game. If losses a bearable players would fight more often. They also need a cause to fight. As it is now, I cant enjoy the big battles. Hell, I even gave up on knowing the not so obvious mechanisms that should lead to a fight. Why the hell is it made so complicated? 

Simplify it and kick the clans to a tactical level where they belong. 

kind regards

Same topic you discuss everywhere.

If you want to join a portbattle another clan worked for ask them. Shouldnt be too hard. you cant go on a raid in wow with a group who doesnt want you to join too.

Same with warthunder.(what a bad example) you cant group up with people that dont wanna play with you

rediii    3,015
Just now, fox2run said:

Ehm... Why not? 

do you get a 1st rate each day with 2h playtime? How many 1sts do you have?

Ofc if you have the mats lying around you can build yourself one a day but not from zero to a firstrate

fox2run    493
Just now, rediii said:

Same topic you discuss everywhere.

If you want to join a portbattle another clan worked for ask them. Shouldnt be too hard. you cant go on a raid in wow with a group who doesnt want you to join too.

Same with warthunder.(what a bad example) you cant group up with people that dont wanna play with you

Ehm.. Why should my participation in game-content I paid for be open for discussions in a teen-ts-environment. I simply cannot understand this.

vazco    240
4 hours ago, admin said:

If you want people to get to pvp fast you have to give players an option to recover losses fast. 

That's true, however it can be also archieved without creating superinflation. Right now trading will become useless, price of goods will start to change and economy will die. It won't be profitable to eg. bring an oak wood to capital, as you will earn more from missions. As a result, you won't be able to buy anything from anyone, even though everyone will have a ton of cash.

It could be handled eg. by partial insurances (eg. 80%), which would be based on time from the last time you lost a ship. This would not destroy economy and crafting, in the same time it would get people to PvP fast after a loss of a ship (except for exploiters who would want to sink eg. 10 times per day).

Edited by vazco

rediii    3,015
Just now, fox2run said:

Ehm.. Why should my participation in game-content I paid for be open for discussions in a teen-ts-environment. I simply cannot understand this.

It doesnt. Group up with other adults in chat and grind a portbattle and fight it, no problem there

rediii    3,015
1 minute ago, fox2run said:

you need 4 players to easily do a hostility mission 

admin    27,916
8 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

its a lot easier now. Several large missions will recover the losses. 

vazco    240

btw, if we have a situation like now for longer, fixing a mess that economy will become after superinflation would require a wipe... If you plan to fix economy, better do this fast...

admin    27,916
Just now, rediii said:

you need 4 players to easily do a hostility mission 

group content exists in all games and works fine. 

fox2run    493
1 minute ago, rediii said:

It doesnt. Group up with other adults in chat and grind a portbattle and fight it, no problem there

Grind a port battle? They are as hard to get as any small battle. We need easy to get battles. Open battles. With a lot of ships in them. Why is this so hard to make? (And please dont come with your arena-argument...)

Jeheil    2,491

Do shallow hostility Fox is you are looking for easy battles, 10 mercs, you can spank em in a 4th up

fox2run    493
4 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

Do shallow hostility Fox is you are looking for easy battles, 10 mercs, you can spank em in a 4th up

PvP that is

mikawa    319
5 minutes ago, admin said:

its a lot easier now. Several large missions will recover the losses. 

After having played yesterday for 2h I fully agree. I made 400k only doing 5th missions. 1st rates should be special ships so people should not expect to get easy replace for it in 2h playtime. This would be ridiculous.

Jeheil    2,491

yeh well the whole idea in PvP is to stack the odds in your favour...like ya know.....

jodgi    2,265

@Peter Goldman Did you notice your got your wish granted?

Prince is a riot to sail with manual foremast yardwork. Turns fantastic and can slow down and reduce turn radius very effectively with staysails work.

Peter Goldman    1,205
36 minutes ago, fox2run said:

We have been testing clans for some time now. They dont work properly. Once a clan reach a certain size, it will divide when leaders dont agree. The splitted clans wont be as solid and usually split again. Any mid-size and small clan is very, very hard to make work. My clan has around 15 members, but halt of them didnt log in for a year and the other half not for six months waiting for the next patch or some more action. I was a member of a bigger clan, but there where a lot of disagreements and it splitted up in fragments. Another clan took leadership of the nation, but it meant a kind of an oligarchy where normal players had to follow what "was best for the nation". All in all a pretty bad gaming experience.

The fun part is battles some trading and shipbuilding. How can we experience this without the clan-based stuff? How can I have this feeling as fighting for a nation, participate in the big battles, defending, figting etc without being dependant on closed-nerdy-ts-teen environments? (Its ok to have these but please dont make them nescessary to have the full gaming experience). Clans split a nation and hence the game-community. We need to put players together not dividing them into atoms.

1) Port battles open FOR ALL.

2) All ships should be able to be built by single players within reasonable time.

3) Nation-mechanisms should be favoured before any clans. (Like scoreboards, arena-like battle setup-options in OW like patrols/areas of control etc.

thank you

1. You need 3-5 players to have a clan working with healthy economy. If all players set their buildings for ship building production, they can cover 100% of resources needed to build ships. 15 man clan is more than enough to work. If players quit or are inactive, it's not an excuse for you to say that clans are not working lol! 

2. Big clans are hard to control. They need good structures, organization, strong leadership, experienced officers to cover all of the clan duties like production, commanders, diplomacy, recruitment, ship building, trading etc. 

Good clan also needs a strong core team of players, aka veterans to carry the rest, teach and lead. If you make a clan and invite 100 random players, the clan will collapse sooner or later. In EVE there are whole alliances of 1000+ players, it's similar in Albion Online. 

"without being dependant on closed-nerdy-ts-teen environments?"

Dude, stop insulting everyone. You are so hello kittying toxic, I hope you will get warned and eventually banned. Everyone knows that chat causes too many troubles during intense combat and it's hard to type while fighting. Communication was proven to be the key to success in most games. We have in our clan 50-70 years old players playing with us on TS. You are the only here crying and acting like a teen.

I praise the Devs for adding clan mechanic for PBs. You will be never allowed to join any of my fleet just because you are so toxic. If you want a PB, move your ass and grind hostility for yourself. Gather people and go, who tells you that you can't do it? Ah, because you want everyone else to do it for you... You just want to hop in and join :rolleyes:

About solo ship building I know dozens of players that need less than a day to gather all mats for 1 ship without alts. Nonetheless, you get new ships Wasa and L'Hermione without crafting. 

Tobosaku    3

Unfortunately any profound idea to "fix the economy" is contrary to the idea that one needs to have a fast recovery from losses to guarantee pvp-action. 

From my perspective the main issue which will always lead to hyperinflation sooner or later is the hybrid npc/player economy. Why not use the early access stage to find out if there are still enough folks eagerly waiting for a real player-driven economy? Sure, every clan has their supply chain. But if planned economy would lead to good and competitive economies, Naval Action would have been an USSR product and not from Ukraine... wouldn't it? ;)