Game-Labs Forum
Ruthless4u

Should NA Legends have friendly fire?

Ruthless4u    268

Friendly fire is usually a pretty divisive topic, and given this will be arena based combat is an issue that needs addressed. If it goes to console and there is cross platform I feel it would be an even bigger issue.

So should there be friendly fire?

If so how should players who abuse/troll be dealt with?

Captain Lust    481
49 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Reported to Tribunal for FF on purpose

Since NAL will supposedly be f2p, i think there is no other way around it than to automate it, if the devs don't want to spend the rest of their lives sorting out the Tribunal...

Peter Goldman    1,205
6 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Since NAL will supposedly be f2p, i think there is no other way around it than to automate it, if the devs don't want to spend the rest of their lives sorting out the Tribunal...

We just need Mods to take care of it (player volunteers). Friendly fire is well known in popular games like Insurgency and it's totally fine.

Skully    1,009

No!

Automated penalty.

Edited by Skully
fixed because of my misinterpretation

Peter Goldman    1,205
16 minutes ago, Skully said:

No!

If you apologize, then someone forgives you by not reporting you. Why making some new complicated and not needed mechanic for that? LMAO.

Skully    1,009
Just now, Peter Goldman said:

If you apologize, then someone forgives you by not reporting you. Why making some new complicated and not needed mechanic for that? LMAO.

Which part of the discussion did you miss?

25 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

there is no other way around it than to automate it

Peter Goldman    1,205
5 minutes ago, Skully said:

Your answer was to the topic, not Lust.

Which part of the "quote" or "answer" option with @Captain Lust did you miss?

Edited by Peter Goldman

Justme    359

I remember the early days of WOT console, FF was a major issue due to Microsoft not allowing players to be banned by the game devs( iirc)

Sir Texas Sir    3,640

Yes other wise you just get the guys that spray and pray no matter who's in front of them in luck chance they get a hit or something.   Keeping freidnly fire on means folks have to actually pay attention to what they are shooting at like in real life.

Skully    1,009
16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yes other wise you just get the guys that spray and pray no matter who's in front of them in luck chance they get a hit or something.   Keeping freidnly fire on means folks have to actually pay attention to what they are shooting at like in real life.

I think we have a misconception about friendly fire. I'm not working on the assumption of whether friendly fire can be on or off.

Just as in real life, there is no such option (as opposed to games like CoD :P). Only the result of deadly fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_fire

Friendly fire is an attack by a military force on non-enemy, own, allied or neutral, forces while attempting to attack the enemy, either by misidentifying the target as hostile, or due to errors or inaccuracy.

So I read the question as "Should NA Legends allow / permit to have friendly fire?"

To which my answer is, "No! Punishable by automatic means." Yes, you can shoot every which way you like and subsequently live with the consequences. That would go to both the firing and the receiving side.

Probably something got lost in translation. My bad.

Captain Lust    481
1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:
1 hour ago, Skully said:

Your answer was to the topic, not Lust.

Which part of the "quote" or "answer" option with @Captain Lust did you miss?

I meant there should be friendly fire but the system to deal with it will have to be automated, because of the amount of players in f2p games and the fact that f2p players don't care nearly as much as people who actually spend 40$ for the game, so there will be alot more friendly fire than we have now. Now of course you could have Mods for this but will there be one in every match? Will people voluntarily go through hours of gameplay to judge who is a griefer and who not? Will they be objective? If they don't check every reported match replay, it might aswell be automated. It is what the rather successful f2p games do.

TL;DR: I don't want FF to be disabled. Even the most arcady and gimped down games like WoT have it, because part of skillful gameplay is to watch out for your teammates and of course realism.

Young    474

just have a noob arcade mode with no FF and no manual sails then a better realistic mode this should hit as much of the gaming market as possible and make GL the most money

Edited by Young

Ruthless4u    268
1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

all games like wot and others have ff so why not here? just give malus in gold and xp and people will stop that

Not all versions of WoT have FF though, IIRC only PC version does both blitz and console don't have it.

Jeheil    2,491

Strongly yes, for lots of reasons, such as, damage ships hiding behind and shooting through/around/over friendlies as one simple example.

Just use a system a bit like WoT/WoS where you change 'colour' (icon) for sustained friendly fire incurred (its NA so there will always be the odd hull-hit, rigging etc....especially with no "fire as you bear mechanic'.

If you do heaps...then put your guns on cooldown for double the time, which increases with repeated abuse etc.

z4ys    1,595
4 hours ago, Young said:

just have a noob arcade mode with no FF and no manual sails then a better realistic mode this should hit as much of the gaming market as possible and make GL the most money

Realistic battle with real sailing speeds, sailingprofil and no autoskipper and Arcade with speedboats, autoskipper and motors for more closehauled speed like in NA. :D

Aegir    1,665

Reward penalty (for whichever currency that is used in the f2p version) for any friendly fire that you commit.

And yeah, some different game modes would be great, similar to war thunder. Arcade (simplified, impossible to get stuck in irons), Semi-realistic (what we have now) and Historical (real-life performance, zero UI info).

admin    27,916
15 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

good question.

There are two options - huge penalties, or complete removal of FF. 

vazco    240
31 minutes ago, admin said:

(...) or complete removal of FF. 

No FF would lead to many exploits, as Jeheil mentioned. Shooting through friendly sails to hit your enemy is the main one.

LeBoiteux    1,250
13 minutes ago, vazco said:

No FF would lead to many exploits, as Jeheil mentioned. Shooting through friendly sails to hit your enemy is the main one.

Make cannonballs going through friendly sails ineffective against enemy.

IMHO, no FF is more effective than huge penalties against trolls, especially in a F2P.

Edited by LeBoiteux

mikawa    319
16 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Trolling is an important topic. What about players who join and then just sail away? What about abuse of teamspeak issues?

I think we need a kind of punishment system and/or report system for this case maybe forbid to log in for 2 hours or something like that. Or even make a poll to remove a player from this gameplay session ....

Edited by mikawa

z4ys    1,595
2 hours ago, admin said:

good question.

There are two options - huge penalties, or complete removal of FF. 

when chaining is still important in NAL dont remove FF. People will chain through their friends sails.