Game-Labs Forum

New weights system!

Leaders of the European nations, Colonial leaders and USA agreed to a weight system change. As a result all ship building goods weights will be reduced by 3 compared to an old system. 

Captains are advised to avoid active hauling of ship building goods before the patch as they will have to haul 2-3x less after it

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

Good!! I need an additional aclaration because an possible barrier language. 

When you say ship building goods you mean only to for example oak planks, iron fittings, etc... or Oak log, iron ore, lignum vitae log, etc too?

Raw resources weight is lowered, thus materials weight is changed accordingly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Leaders of the European nations, Colonial leaders and USA agreed to a weight system change. As a result all ship building goods weights will be reduced by 3 compared to an old system. 

Captains are advised to avoid active hauling of ship building goods before the patch as they will have to haul 2-3x less after it

Speaking as a crafter! I could've kissed you!!

10 minutes ago, elite92 said:

so it means that if now we need 3 iron to build something, then we will need 1 iron?

or that 1 iron will weight 3 time lower?

i dont get it and how u choose words in ur official post...

Weight of an item.

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Raw resources weight is lowered, thus materials weight is changed accordingly

Ship recipes are also tuned, but it does not belong to this thread

• Like 3

Oh I see now you do this after I moved a whole bunch of stuff last night. Well good thing is I still got another load of stuff to prob move tomorrow night to be ready for the patch.  What we need to know is buildings going to be refunded?  I want to drop some ports, but if they are I'll wait until after patch is dropped to do so.  

28 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh I see now you do this after I moved a whole bunch of stuff last night. Well good thing is I still got another load of stuff to prob move tomorrow night to be ready for the patch.  What we need to know is buildings going to be refunded?  I want to drop some ports, but if they are I'll wait until after patch is dropped to do so.  

"Hurricane Irma destroyed all production buildings, Trump is willing to pay a small loan of a billion dollars to refund losses."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liq said:

"Hurricane Irma destroyed all production buildings, Trump is willing to pay a small loan of a billion dollars to refund losses."

Lets blame it on Harvey, I'm still dealing with that mess.  Well not me personally luckily myself and family didn't get effective but I got tons of friends in Houston right now that are homeless or still flooded out.  Either way would be nice to get them refunded so folks can pick new resources according to new map.  Cause by what I understand resources are going to be moved around too in this patch.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, admin said:

Thank you! And thank you again!

3 hours ago, koltes said:

Thank you! And thank you again!

well i see a lot of traders going with the trades-wind

especially when you don't have to much :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

Was it the Pope spiriting "The Wonder of Mass Reduction"? Some Voodoo priests?Just by changing the weighing system you won't change the masses of the goods transported, normally.

No wonder there is a great upheaval in Europe going on. Revolutionary!

👍

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They prob secretly doing this to get the PvP up on game by getting every on to wait until after the patch lol

I was thinking the devs were being gracious, allowing crafters to move their goods to new ports in fewer trips, because truthfully it is a lot to move if you had a nearly full expanded warehouse.  Some players were worried it would be difficult to move so much, and in some cases this is probably true, or at least a burden. Thanks for that Admin.

Still, good loot potential for privateers hunting. ;)