Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

2 hours ago, AngryPanCake said:

Question to the Devs:

According to the new map, the vast majority of ports are Neutral. Does it mean the majority of AI ships/fleets are also neutral? If so, this is going to be a problem on the PvE server!

I think Admin posted they will be national ships when it goes live or something.  

• Like 1

I want to talk about the game and its future, you want to talk about perceived slights from the past. I have in no way talked down on econ alts, I am merely stating what I believe to be possible side effects of changes other players are proposing.

I realize you're a new player to this game, but it's still in development and these threads here are there to talk about this development, not the grudges you're still holding from whatever ill you believe was done to you. There's a place for what you want to talk about: National News. I do not talk about my Clan in this forum, because it does not belong here. You on the other hand talk never about anything else but your former clan.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Instead of telling us what is bad in your opinion it would be much better for all of us, if you would ask first what you don't understand.

And yet it doesn't work that way.

I know all, I understand all, please enlighten me. (And of course this is interpreted as an insult and we go down the whole path. etc. etc.)

I know very well my own handicaps. What you can not understand, you can not question, you can only learn by experiencing.

And even then you'll understand, but you will/might not consider, just ... because?

You go to work and make $100 today, you buy yourself lunch for $5 on the value menu. you just spent 5% of your daily earnings on your upkeep.(valid necessity).

You go go home log onto naval action and do 5 missions and make 200K each, $1M total you spend 50K on repairs. (valid necessity again).

what about those taxes of 25% you pay for your wages? thats acceptable for work ... well throw in 25% to clan to help pay upkeep on ports and there shouldn't be much problem because your 25% would pay minimum payments on 2 ports.... the Dev's are attempting to take the grind for money away from those that choose to fight and not waste there play time trading.

To me this is great. if everyone has 100Mill. then no ones gonna complaining about having to grind for money to make ships and play the game... you can focus on what you want to do to have fun. This is great ... looking forward to it. More fun for everyone. Maybe even people start giving money away to new players and overall helping each other out because no one is broke.

Thanks Devs for moving things forward here and finding new solutions !!!!

Lets all give it a try and help them tweak what needs to be tweaked and help make it work!!!

@admin How do you envision PvP developing with this new "reinforcements" mechanic? - If every clan that owns a port is able to provide reinforcements within it's own area then every port will eventually have reinforcements - effectively putting an end to all PvP.

27 minutes ago, Sinister said:

what about those taxes of 25% you pay for your wages? thats acceptable for work ... well throw in 25% to clan to help pay upkeep on ports and there shouldn't be much problem because your 25% would pay minimum payments on 2 ports.... the Dev's are attempting to take the grind for money away from those that choose to fight and not waste there play time trading.

I pay 73% taxes, I know the system in and out. These mechanics are not equal to income, sales or value added taxes at all.

You will not have a choice to fight. Your only choice is how to ensure enough money to come in to keep up the payments.

What happens if the enemy decides not to undock? Will you PvE or trade? That is the choice you are given. (You could go into the green zone and experience the ducklings though.)

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Reinforcements come only to permanent ports.

Although, it does not answer the concern what is the reason to leave safe zone. 

Yeah and my concern is Jamaica/Cuba - smack in the middle of the map -> no PvP because ppl actually want to do more than just PvP..

1 minute ago, pietjenoob said:

Simple we get the same towns as before not Oranjestad or fort baai for example also Dutch cities. not to mention the ships we do not have

And this is different from the swedes or danes how? Just retake the ports.. It's not like everyone else has spare time to hello kitty you up..

15 hours ago, Cortez said:

You are going to play Legends anyway.

So why do you care.

Someone could say the same for me.  If Naval Action is going to have good PvP, I am not going to even touch Naval Action Legends.  If NAL is going to be f2p, I think NA should be excellent sequel for NAL.  Not so that NAL cheats people to buy NA just to notice that NA is pure PvE grind.

15 hours ago, Liq said:

They'er gonna boost pve rewards by 800% (50k to 400k per sunk vic in pve)

And only double the pvp rewards? How does that work

They are not going to be double from what we will get in the future?  400k -> 800k ?

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

to take the grind for money away from those that choose to fight and not waste there play time trading.

To me this is great. if everyone has 100Mill. then no ones gonna complaining about having to grind for money to make ships and play the game... you can focus on what you want to do to have fun. This is great ...

I believe this is called "End Game".

In 2016 Tournament version reaching the end game was too difficult.  I know hard core players who never reached this point, even people who played more than I did.  This before Fine Woods destroyed the economy.

Economy simplified:

1. Combat players are able to PvE/PvP without focusing to trade/craft, earn enough money to buy new ships, cannons and upgrades.

2. Trade/Craft players to make profit from ships/cannons/upgrades after trade/craft.

3. Trade/Craft players are earning enough money to initiate RvR, big SOL battles for ports.

Too much to ask, too difficult to balance?

Side notes, subcrafter XP should be brought back.  This was a very good feature.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sinister said:

You go to work and make $100 today, you buy yourself lunch for $5 on the value menu. you just spent 5% of your daily earnings on your upkeep.(valid necessity).

You go go home log onto naval action and do 5 missions and make 200K each, $1M total you spend 50K on repairs. (valid necessity again).

To me this is great. if everyone has 100Mill. then no ones gonna complaining about having to grind for money to make ships and play the game... you can focus on what you want to do to have fun. This is great ... looking forward to it. More fun for everyone. Maybe even people start giving money away to new players and overall helping each other out because no one is broke.

Thanks Devs for moving things forward here and finding new solutions !!!!

Lets all give it a try and help them tweak what needs to be tweaked and help make it work!!!

On other games clans do this, they tax there players to pay for what is needed to get done and than they pay out what is needed from the rewards back.  Though in those other games they have clan warehouse logs.  We have zero logs even though they seem to have the mans to do it (we have logs of battle results and what you buy/sale).   It's one thing many players have asked for is an actual  clan warehouse log.   

Yah we will test it out and see. I still think they should of stuck with regions cause there is so many ports over the number of regions that many are never used or visited.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2017 at 3:13 PM, admin said:

Rumors exist that local clerks will be accepting forged papers even from very suspicious sources.

@admin or @Ink If new forge papers are going to be given out is there any way to get tally of the nations on each of the servers for every one like you did back in March?   I know myself and others have asked for this info.  If your going to allow us to move around in nations again please give us the resources we need to help better balance the servers and there nations.

dFbC8bb.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin or @Ink If new forge papers are going to be given out is there any way to get tally of the nations on each of the servers for every one like you did back in March?   I know myself and others have asked for this info.  If your going to allow us to move around in nations again please give us the resources we need to help better balance the servers and there nations.

It may be hard to get sensible population numbers with the mix of active vs dormant vs quit players, and then if people start to move around again tomorrow it will all get scrambled right away.  Some of the more active and well-travelled players (particularly with alts) probably already have a pretty good handle on the relative populations, in a more relevant sense.  Also, if we couldn't manage to balance the populations during the Spring Wipe, and indeed even let the imbalance get worse during the Summer, I don't feel like we're going to get anything that resembles "balance".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

My suggestion is allow us to Buy Forged papers.. but they should NOT be cheap and they should have to be purchased in the Capital of the Nation you want to switch to...

...plus a long cooldown, say 4 to 6 months or something, for greater in-game stability.

4 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

It may be hard to get sensible population numbers with the mix of active vs dormant vs quit players, and then if people start to move around again tomorrow it will all get scrambled right away.  Some of the more active and well-travelled players (particularly with alts) probably already have a pretty good handle on the relative populations, in a more relevant sense.  Also, if we couldn't manage to balance the populations during the Spring Wipe, and indeed even let the imbalance get worse during the Summer, I don't feel like we're going to get anything that resembles "balance".

It doesn't matter the active players.  If you look at the example I posted (the PvP1 wasn't as detailed) that shows the total number of all players in the first listing and than it shows the total that logged on each of those days.  A lot of folks don't understand that you might only see 50 players in your nation, but with the total folks that log in and out all day that number could be actually 500.  Not to mention many folks log in and just do there own thing and some of us never see them, but they are still members of that nation.   

The problem with the spring wipe is they didn't give us the info we needed.  They gave us numbers in March.  Than when patch came in May and they gave out forged papers they should of gave us numbers again.  Than when they handed out the second forged papers they should of gave us numbers once more.  Believe me they are tracking the numbers, but if they want us to do the balance and adjustments our selves they need to give us the data we need to do it.

As for the forged papers I think after release Devs plan to prob sale them in the steam for real money so you can change nations that way. I still think they should turn pirates into privateers with outlaws (the true pirates) and use a reputation system to change nations in game, but hay that is another topic for a later time.