Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No what he's saying is once the patch drops you just flip it back and take onwership.  This is great if you have a population to support the tax/maintance upkeep of all those ports, but since this is now by port and not region it's going to be costly to hold an area.  This is why I think all ports when not keeped paid up to date should revert back to AI national owned and not neutral. This way the map won't be just a bunch of white dots cause no one can afford to pay the upkeep of the ports to hold any land.  Maybe a few big clans, but even than if the tax's don't cover it what clan is going to pay all that upkeep.

A thought on that should have a way to donate to a port to pay part of the upkeep.  Tax's prob should go to a port coffer not clan coffer so each port pays for it self, but you can fill the coffer from your clan stash if need be.  This will make it so you can stop upkeeping certain ports and not have it pull from your clan gold.

I refer this way... because as neutral we "should" be able to have resource buildings still in them... but we shall see.. Plus more places to dock safely

5 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

How are we supposed to make money to pay 100k per port?  More grind?

On 23.8.2017 at 11:42 AM, admin said:

update

monetary rewards for sinking pve ships will be increased (they were toned down too much) to allow a couple of missions to recover the ship costs + cannons
ship and cannon prices updated (cannons on average will be 50% of cost of the ship as it was historically)

example
before - sink pve victory - money reward 50k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 300k)
after - sink pve victory - money reward 400k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 200k)

pvp bonuses will increase as well from 50% more to 100% more

800x-1.jpg

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

100K per port? any decent sized clan would make that in less then 20 min.. so you do a 90 min clan Mission run and you have port costs covered for a week or 2. Plus remember the clan gets a piece of the city taxes on all sales

56 minutes ago, Liq said:
1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

On 23.8.2017 at 11:42 AM, admin said:

update

monetary rewards for sinking pve ships will be increased (they were toned down too much) to allow a couple of missions to recover the ship costs + cannons
ship and cannon prices updated (cannons on average will be 50% of cost of the ship as it was historically)

example
before - sink pve victory - money reward 50k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 300k)
after - sink pve victory - money reward 400k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 200k)

pvp bonuses will increase as well from 50% more to 100% more

800x-1.jpg

Lmao, i don't think people here even understand the concept of inflation... at least nobody seems to care. 

• Like 1

The Problem with that:

A Clan can use the neutral town the same way as if that port would be controlled by their clan. Dont attack and let is neutral instead of cature it for your nation means..

- no need for grinding hostility

- no need for pb and risk of own ships

- no need to pay 100k cost per day and daily grind for the money

Because of that port brings nearly zero income (no tax at gathing ressources. all players gather the ressources and shipping it to their "clan capitol") i ask: Why the hell should a clan decide to attack such port to conquer it for your nation? And RvR is living by attacks and defends of ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liq said:

800x-1.jpg

This looks good.

In the end we are just going to speak from big numbers.  If all prices follow this, it will be ok.  Real values are also pretty interesting.  Maybe we all learn to better understand how expensive war really was (and is).

In real life there were not that many ships as in the game.  We are going to burn some big bucks in the future.

edit. and thanks from the quote.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Lmao, i don't think people here even understand the concept of inflation... at least nobody seems to care. 

If missions will be easy money printing like admin suggested why even bother to make money with trading resources the nation needs?

For the missions you will get money, combat marks and XP for the ship slots as a reward.

Trading gives just some money but not enough to even bother to take the risk of getting rare resources for profit.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Liq said:

But I dont understand:

They'er gonna boost pve rewards by 800% (50k to 400k per sunk vic in pve)

And only double the pvp rewards? How does that work

On 8.9.2017 at 2:08 PM, admin said:

on average at average prices up to 2.5 mln indeed. but at some regions it will be higher.

this is going to be adjusted
pve mark rewards will be increased
income will also increase 
pvp bonus will be drastically increased both for xp and money to a last year levels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

Because I invested well over 4100 hours into the game and want to see it succeed?

Well....

If a Clan/Company takes a port it needs 100 000 per day for maintenance.So money is needed.

Although this game had 2 heart attacks  in 6 months, i really do not know if it`s possible to talk about success.

But you never know.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

Well....

If a Clan/Company takes a port it needs 100 000 per day for maintenance.So money is needed.

Although this game had 2 heart attacks  in 6 months, i really do not know if it`s possible to talk about success.

But you never know.

still early access.

But about the maintenance cost of captured ports I guess we will see if captains bother to capture a lot of them.

Worst case we have many neutral ports to use as outposts.

I would still prefer a teleport for free towns with a new relocation of them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stepp636 said:

still early access.

But about the maintenance cost of captured ports I guess we will see if captains bother to capture a lot of them.

Worst case we have many neutral ports to use as outposts.

I would still prefer a teleport for free towns with a new relocation of them.

A lot of them is not needed. You will need what you always need, basic resources, iron,coal,hemp,oak etc...

The other ones are obligatory. Still, having 10 of those cost a lot of money.

45 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

If missions will be easy money printing like admin suggested why even bother to make money with trading resources the nation needs?

The nation only "needs" the unprofitable resources that are used to build ships, cannons, repairs, refits, etc.  Do we really care if most people stop hauling Yorkshire Pudding and China Tea for cashy profits? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The nation only "needs" the unprofitable resources that are used to build ships, cannons, repairs, refits, etc.  Do we really care if most people stop hauling Yorkshire Pudding and China Tea for cashy profits? 

Depends what the ports are selling.

You can make,as you know, a  lot of money by selling some trading goods.Buying those in a port which has been taken and under taxation, can self finance the maintenance.

Under circumstances.

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I don't care about the trading goods.

The only important stuff that's not nearby are the logs.

If there is no point in actually making those runs to make a profit why even bother to sell some of it?

• Like 1

Just now, Stepp636 said:

I don't care about the trading goods.

The only important stuff that's not nearby are the logs.

If there is no point in actually making those runs to make a profit why even bother to sell some of it?

Why would you sell ship/cannon building resources, especially when enemy alts would then probably be buying it?  Put it all in the clan warehouse so the national resources stay in nation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Why would you sell ship/cannon building resources, especially when enemy alts would then probably be buying it?  Put it all in the clan warehouse so the national resources stay in nation. 

all this paranoia

if I'm selling Teak logs in KPR I don't care if a Spanish player with his alt buys it.

• Like 5

I don't understand why you'd sell a resource that can build ships, and if it can't build wanted ships then why waste time hauling it in the first place?  If you want cash money just sell something useless like Yorkshire Pudding. If it's more profitable to sink Pickles then go do that instead.  Personal preferences and all, but I only haul highest profit junk commodities, or crafting resources intended for crafting.  No time for in-between

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

1 hour ago, Liq said:

But I dont understand:

They'er gonna boost pve rewards by 800% (50k to 400k per sunk vic in pve)

And only double the pvp rewards? How does that work

It's explained very clearly.

The bonus gold for PVP currently is +50%.  If you kill a Surprise in PVE, you get 25k for it, if you kill a Surprise in PVP, you get 37.5k for it.

That bonus is boosted to 100%.

And I'll be surprised if PVE kill rewards are really increased by factor 8. I think that was just hyperbole by admin.

15 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I don't understand why you'd sell a resource that can build ships, and if it can't build wanted ships then why waste time hauling it in the first place?  If you want cash money just sell something useless like Yorkshire Pudding. If it's more profitable to sink Pickles then go do that instead.  Personal preferences and all, but I only haul highest profit junk commodities, or crafting resources intended for crafting.  No time for in-between

Money? It's a very simple concept, you sell stuff because you get money for it

2 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

The Problem with that:

A Clan can use the neutral town the same way as if that port would be controlled by their clan. Dont attack and let is neutral instead of cature it for your nation means..

- no need for grinding hostility

- no need for pb and risk of own ships

- no need to pay 100k cost per day and daily grind for the money

Because of that port brings nearly zero income (no tax at gathing ressources. all players gather the ressources and shipping it to their "clan capitol") i ask: Why the hell should a clan decide to attack such port to conquer it for your nation? And RvR is living by attacks and defends of ports.

I think the ports will still have a tax .... and you will have to risk your ships if you want to make sure it stays neutral