Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

32 minutes ago, admin said:

i still dont understand where are you moving things from and why do you need to move from there. If it was a freetown you had plenty of warning. If it a capturable city - it was capturable before as well. 

The louder we say, you don't need to do anything, the bigger the panic. :lol:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, admin said:

i still dont understand where are you moving things from and why do you need to move from there. If it was a freetown you had plenty of warning. If it a capturable city - it was capturable before as well. 

You really are not listening and seeking understanding.  The entire map and national strategies are in flux.  The smart thing is to withdraw to safety and execute on basic strategy before you attempt forward bases without support.

This is further impacted by some nations being wholly transfered to another region and will be acting completely differently.

Just now, IndianaGeoff said:

You really are not listening and seeking understanding.  The entire map and national strategies are in flux.  The smart thing is to withdraw to safety and execute on basic strategy before you attempt forward bases without support.

This is further impacted by some nations being wholly transfered to another region and will be acting completely differently.

You are definitely NOT understanding what was written all the time, and probably you didnt play on Testbed either, at least trying to see the new changes.

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Capturable with players defending =/= capturable with AI defending (was that even implemented?).

Map wipes tend to be the prime opportunity for people to race and gobble up ports that would normally be difficult to take, or defend those who you didnt have to go through the effort of taking in the first place (and thus the locations where people tend to have their outposts).

And even if people leave the stuff there, oh the joy of either trying to keep using it or get the stuff out of there now that there wont be any forts or fleets, and other nations+pirates being able to have outposts there as well.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

You are definitely NOT understanding what was written all the time, and probably you didnt play on Testbed either, at least trying to see the new changes.

I don't have a problem with the changes.  I have a problem with two days notice.  Especially when it was at least weekly people asked for the timeline and getting no information.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Capturable with players defending =/= capturable with AI defending (was that even implemented?).

Map wipes tend to be the prime opportunity for people to race and gobble up ports that would normally be difficult to take, or defend those who you didnt have to go through the effort of taking in the first place (and thus the locations where people tend to have their outposts).

And even if people leave the stuff there, oh the joy of either trying to keep using it or get the stuff out of there now that there wont be any forts or fleets, and other nations+pirates being able to have outposts there as well.

this time its not about dots on the map.

11 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

On Thursday, September 07, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Skully said:

Both sides are being lazy. The defenders, because they want to hold territory without doing anything.

I suspect this is going to be a short Season. :P

I won't quote the rest. ^_^

This patch has potential. I also have concerns that the port maintenance costs will be too high. But hopefully if they are too high, the Devs can try adjusting the numbers rather than just throwing out the mechanic all together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farrago said:

This patch has potential. I also have concerns that the port maintenance costs will be too high. But hopefully if they are too high, the Devs can try adjusting the numbers rather than just throwing out the mechanic all together.

If they are too high, it is a super easy fix, if we need exponential cost tgen it is also an easy fix.

But ports do need upkeeps or else you get our current problems of nations being able to control vast amount of territory without any downsides. 

• Like 1

Just now, Teutonic said:

If they are too high, it is a super easy fix, if we need exponential cost tgen it is also an easy fix.

But ports do need upkeeps or else you get our current problems of nations being able to control vast amount of territory without any downsides. 

Totally agree. I don't know how the expression "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" would translate into Russian but too often it seems development has been an all or nothing approach. Fine tune is the advice here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

This idea of clans taking over ports is a bad one, it will screw over anyone not belonging to a guild and you will lose players. Even those in guilds will tend to migrate guilds to get to ports they want. 

a port owned by a clan of your nation as opposed to your nation just by itself does in no way affect you as a clanless player.

16 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

This idea of clans taking over ports is a bad one, it will screw over anyone not belonging to a guild and you will lose players. Even those in guilds will tend to migrate guilds to get to ports they want. 

5 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

a port owned by a clan of your nation as opposed to your nation just by itself does in no way affect you as a clanless player.

58 minutes ago, admin said:

Clan wars would ruin the fabric of the game. Players want to sail for Britain and fighting British is not historical - adding too much complexity, griefing and trolling options.  Negatives were a lot bigger

31 minutes ago, Skully said:

Or isolate Clan wars to Pirates. I think it would only require minor adjustments.

Then the Nationals can keep their identity.

Trolling and griefing will happen in Nation again anyway because there is no way to settle disputes over (resource) ports. Something is needed.

TL;DR No Clan Wars within Nations. Nationals must retain their National identity and are not allowed open warfare.

Pirates should be able to stick it to one-another and something is needed for Nations to resolve disputes. Those are items for another Season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

4. Clans should be able to move their clan warehouse with all mats after update during a short period of the time (some clans might be screwed or in a hard position due to map changes). Unless you expect us to make trading convoys for the first 1-2 weeks trying to transport all of the goods instead of doing any PvP/RvR.

Don't panic, you can move everything quickly whenever you want. There are nations that don't even have a safe zone and I don't see them complain. Give some time to the patch, check how things progress, and then comment. Implementing a solution to save you 1 hour could create dangerous exploits that could change political situation.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

I don't have a problem with the changes.  I have a problem with two days notice.  Especially when it was at least weekly people asked for the timeline and getting no information.

This has been posted and announced for over a month now. It actually happen sooner than I expected it for sure, but they are giving us a half a weekend noticed.  My clan has been gearing up for this for some time leaving very little in ports like Savanna (moved my ships last night out of there) and other ports (Hay loosing George Town and getting sunk means I don't need to bring that ship back).  It's not the Devs fault players haven't took this time to actually move stuff and get ready.  Even more sorry folks that stopped playing, but like the old saying, "You snooze you loose."  There going to be some great hunting as folks freak out and move there stuff after the patch drops.  Some of them won't figure out how neutral ports and stuff work and even more funny is when they attack a port expecting an empty battle.  Better bring something that can fight the AI instead of a bunch of crap low level store bought ships.  Just think of the cries when the missions are joined and they are half way through it.   This going to be an interesting month for sure, but I'm sure we will hear all types of cry's of it being unfair.  Hay think of it this way, ya'll are getting Savannah back and you didn't even have to loose any more 1st rates.  

3 hours ago, Cortez said:

this time its not about dots on the map.

True, but some times some of those dots are needed to make buffers and keep the other nations from camping your ports easly.  This won't be so easy for small nations and some others.  Cause to make that buffer you will have to hold several ports and upkeep them. all the while doing what ever RvR/War fronts you wish to do.  We will see though, but you can't just go out and grab /ALL/ the dots for sure.  Prob will more see one clan takes one region and than holds it.

3 hours ago, Farrago said:

Thanks.

Our Orange Horde does need a bit of elbow room. Lol

Just don't expand to much, it might get costly.  I can see ya'll taking like a port or two at the mouth of the tear drop and leaving the rest neutral AI own.   Though it's gooing to really depend on what resources are where.  I have never even looked at the Dutch areas other than that South East corner we took from ya'll before and recently from the French.

3 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

It was capturable before, but whole nation used it so it was a safe fortress that no one would ever capture it. Of course, I want to move it to the safe zone of Jamaica, like everyone in British nation :) 

Are you could get the clans together and flip them back to Brit and hold them.  I mean isn't that what ya'll did before just need to spread out who pays for the ports and upkeep them and have every one on the friends list.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

post-11395-0-83486500-1471935158_thumb.jpg

Gasp, you found Pirates sticking to the story line? :lol:

That last line is kinda why I was hoping for ports spread out instead of one region in the center.  Like give us Mort, Kidd's Harbor and maybe one or two more spread out as our perm ports.   Something like Key West/Ismorade, Something in the shallows Like Morgan Bluff/Nassau and maybe something way over on the east side like La Tortuga.  Last something in the Gulf like Bartaria or Aransas.  Bang you will have all the ports spread out for the pirates that don't want to get involved with RvR stuff but no one area is readly controlled by them from the start.