Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

About the 100k "issue".

It could be so that the 1st one is almost free and the following would have increasing payments.  More ports you own, more you pay per port.

That means that monster warcorps are not the best option, at least not always.  Gives room for smaller groups and clans.  If you have multiple small ones allied you can control large territory.  Multiple leaders bring more our beloved drama and that extra delicious salt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

About the 100k "issue".

It could be so that the 1st one is almost free and the following would have increasing payments.  More ports you own, more you pay per port.

That means that monster warcorps are not the best option, at least not always.  Gives room for smaller groups and clans.  If you have multiple small ones allied you can control large territory.  Multiple leaders bring more our beloved drama and that extra delicious salt.

It's good.  I like it.  ;)  This is exactly the same as other assets in the game, such as building levels, number of outposts, warehouse sizes.  Why not apply the same methodology to ports controlled ?

Edited by Jean Ribault

People complaining about 100k per port clearly did not go on the testbed and seem to have forgotten the admin saying that rewards are increasing for pve and pvp? 

If you want to paint the map your color, be prepared to pay for it, this is how it should have been from the start.

• Like 4

Now that I think about it...

Your warcorp captures a very profitable port, but that will increase your port costs by 1 million.  This means that you have increased need to drop one of your less profitable ports.  Which automatically gives room for smaller corps to take part in RvR.

Flat 100k has the same effect but it is not that aggressive.  This more aggressive system would probably make it harder for HC players to take over the world.  Which might then improve gaming experience for casual players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean Ribault said:
2 minutes ago, Skully said:

I'm not here to fight yet another grind with balance in mind.

I fixed your statement for you Skully.  Change perspective a little, you see it.

Let me change your perspective.

I can fight the grind or go straight into bashing (casuals).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skully said:

I didn't mean to sound harsh in my previous post.

Take the ports you want and then go exploring with friends. Find a spot with enemies and then have a staging port, boom content!

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

About the 100k "issue".

Sounds very reasonable. The cost should probably also depend on the number of clan members - this seems very obvious to me, many clan members = higher cost since you have more people being able to contribute. This could also help balance zerg clans. But either way i'd rather have owning ports be more on the expensive side so the inflation is slowed down, smaller nations aren't bullied by the big players too hard, taking all their ports around them and we can actually have some neutral towns to be used to tp to the action for pvp. I think people underestimate the power of controlling ports and their taxes and what it means for other players but we shall see. Making the ownership of ports profitable will of course promote RvR a big deal but it will only make the rich even richer / give the powerful clans even more power -> snowballing -> losers on the other side quitting the game because they can't do anything. Isn't that just like PvP Global pirates? They don't even need their ports to yield profits - they just hello kitty everyone regardless. Also i value PvP over RvR since while RvR is important content and a core mechanic to keep the game interesting for many in the "late game", it is too time consuming for the average player that will maybe be in the screening fleet but probably never in the actual port battle itself. Having more neutral ports promotes constant pvp, because people can tp to where the action is happening instead of just logging off because they cant be arsed to sail there 2 hours so it will be over by the time they get there... If owning them gives gold -> no more neutral towns -> no more tp -> "hello kitty that, im not sailing 2 hours down there to get some action - see you all in Legends next year, if i haven't moved on by then". Just my opinion / prediction...

2 minutes ago, Skully said:

Honestly, I don't understand your response.

I was actually expecting one of your 2/3 page long replies with 6 threads quoted.  :lol:  You disappoint me, for a Saturday.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

People complaining about 100k per port clearly did not go on the testbed and seem to have forgotten the admin saying that rewards are increasing for pve and pvp? 

If you want to paint the map your color, be prepared to pay for it, this is how it should have been from the start.

I went on testbed and sunk a few ships. Rewards were identical to live server.

9 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I didn't mean to sound harsh in my previous post.

Take the ports you want and then go exploring with friends. Find a spot with enemies and then have a staging port, boom content!

That is the whole problem.

@Duncan McFail there is a 25 1st rate British Fleet in Belize. How about you take Ambercrease Cay and Placentia? I'm absolutely positive they will come out with their fleet.

Oi, Brits, who is the best? You are, right? The grandest, the most awesome. Now come. Follow your leader and lets battle!

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, vata said:

no more patience !

i paid for a pvp game, i paid for actions not for endless sailing, endless trading to earn money

Well, while i don't mind the sailing ( it is a game about sailing ships after all and the OW looks pretty nice ) im growing very tired of the game turning more and more to pve players even on the pvp server... i'm not saying i want free ships and upgrades but i want to earn them in PvP. You know something is hello kittyed up when there is a discussion on the forums about how to get people to do pvp on the pvp server. So yeah i understand you very well... but there is no need to call the devs names...i think they're doing their best to fix the game, that's the most logical assumption at least since it is their game.

Edited by Captain Lust
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So who grinds the most money gets the prize?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

So who grinds the most money gets the prize?

Were it not, that the cake is a lie.

3 hours ago, Skully said:
3 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Gotta make stuff harder. Always be stugglin.

I got a pretty hard nugget. I'm in Christiansted, come defeat me.

On 8/29/2016 at 9:50 AM, Skully said:

It was in the early morning that Judge Advocate Skully arived at Christiansted

Would be lovely to have "Tow to port" or "teleport to capital" feature enabled at least for a few days to help people move their assets quickly and easily. We have almost deserted servers atm and we want some old players back...let's try to make things easier for everyone. Btw...where is it possible to find an official and up to date version of new map?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Admin has stated the new rewards have not been updated on the testbed. I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

If the rewards include a cut of the prize pot for the casual that got sunk, then at least it will ensure that "food" will be kept around.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:34 PM, Skully said:
On 8/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, admin said:

мы пытались много раз :) вы сами свидетели

пвп не работает на низком онлайне - большинство хотят ощущения присутствия в опасном мире но опасности не хотят
пытаться вытащить их (дать вам еду) невозможно как нам кажется - и попытки это исправить не дают геймплея ни вам ни им 

There is no incentive to get sunk. Or rather, there is no gain to play as food.

Google translate: Нет стимула утонуть. Вернее, нет никакой выгоды, чтобы играть как пищу.

However this does not solve your real problem, which is being able to defeat your menace without running against insurmountable walls.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

My concerns:

1. Maintenance cost is too high for ports (minimum 100k per day? sounds like a joke to me). Ports should be profitable, not a money sink. If maintenance is too high, the majority of the map will remain neutral (good scenario for pirates).

2. You cannot transfer port ownership to another clan. Let's say both clans are from the same nation. Clan X wants to give La Navasse to Clan Y, instead of making it neutral and capturing again...

3. Our current buildings and shipyards should be refunded like during map reset that took place a year ago.

4. Clans should be able to move their clan warehouse with all mats after update during a short period of the time (some clans might be screwed or in a hard position due to map changes). Unless you expect us to make trading convoys for the first 1-2 weeks trying to transport all of the goods instead of doing any PvP/RvR.

1. Maintenance needs to not  be the same for all ports.  It should be a range depending if it's a shallow or deep water or Ship of the line port and what rare resources you have in that port.  Tax should cover most of the maintenance, but your depending on folks using that port and if no one uses it you paying for the whole upkeep.  

2.  This is why I think ports should go back to the original nation owned (not neutral) when upkeep can't be paid or if a clan doesn't want it any more.  Tahn another clan can come along and take over control of it.  Use the original region map from last reset and make any port that is lost revert back to that owner but AI owned until some oen takes control of it or captures it.

3.  I agree with this give refund on all buildings and shipyards cause I got a feeling resources are going to be changed a bit too.  So why would I want certain buildings in certain ports if we aren't keeping them any more or that resource is not there any more?

4.  What was your clan going to do if that port got captured?  Maybe should of had it in a safe capital port in the first place.  Looks like it's going to be some good happy hunting in your waters after the patch on your server.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

What I dont get is how conquest is going to be promoted if you end losing money.

Yah if you expand to far you loose money, so you won't fight any more or you have to let key ports go.  I don't think we have enough population with all three servers combined to have 75% of the ports owened and upkeeped.  We are going to see a lot of empty/AI owned ports not being used.  I think they should of keeped it regions to be honest.  Gives less ports all over the place and more reason to own that region  and get income from all ports and higher upkeep depending on the number of ports, size of ports and resources in that region.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

It was safe so far, it won't be safe in future. The geopolitical changes will be so huge, that players should have a right and chance to change it.

This is why since the last patch majority of the clans have keeped there ports in capital other than a few folks (GB moved most of theirs away). It's safe there. I know we took a few regions that had clan warehouses and level 3 shipyards and it hurt the clans that owned them.  Not always a smart thing to get away from home.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I get that, but there should be a difference from me capturing a back water shallow water port and what it cost to run Flatt's with the only source of Ceder vs a Deep water/Line Ship port.  They shouldn't all be the same price.  The bigger the port and the more rare the resource the higher the price.  Since it's ports and not regions maybe start shallows as very cheap and than go up.   That will allow for some small clans to own a few ports and bigger ones can have more.  Days of the map being painted one color or another or having a nice safe buffer zone around your nation waters to keep folks from camping them.