Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch monday - urgent.

Quineloe    1,135
10 minutes ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

Will there be a description how the new features in detail work? 

Fees, taxes, income etc.

What's happening is that buying from the store adds another x% (so 5) to the base price, which is tax going to the port owner. I think that's it. So you pay 100k or even more to receive 500 gold from hull repair sales or something.

Captain Lust    482
12 minutes ago, admin said:

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

And this is good. It improves economy and prevents zerg clans from crushing the weaker nations. It was a good idea, don't let people tell you otherwise or make it cheaper, please. There are horrendous amounts of gold in the game again already... people complain how it is expensive when in reality they have all the gold to pay it, if they really need their name on every port, they just don't want to... Thanks for your effort.

Sir Texas Sir    3,662
7 minutes ago, admin said:

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

They should not all be 100K some small clans couldn't even afford one port that way.  Why not make them like the flags and have smaller ports/Shallows cheaper than say SOL ports.  Than have a + for any port with a rare resources.

Flatt's will cost you 150K  (it has the only cedar) but other SOL rate port would only cost 150K(100K+25K+25K for regional capital/SOL port) and the 4th rate one will be 100K.   

Kidd's Harbour is 125K as it's a regional capital, but North Inlet would be 100K and Rum cove is 50K as it's shallows.

Though I think we should go with some smaller amount like

25K for Shallows

50K for 4th Rate

75K for SOL

Than add 25K for if it's a Regional capital and another 25K if it's a rare resource port.  

I'm going to tell you right now makeing them all 100K folks won't take ports and upkeep them.  Specially if you only make something like 10% of the upkeep off the tax's.   Tax'es should not cover all the upkeep but it should cover 50-75% of the upkeep Maxed out.  The base 10% of all ports should cover a big chunck of that maintance cost.  This way your can't really get rich off owning a port but it can't break your clan either.   Clans should be able to easly afford to own a few ports depending on there size.  A big clan prob can own 10+ ports, while a small one can prob handle 1 port ownerships.  Since we now have fights over ports that is a lot of dots that won't be used (was prob never used any way).   I really think this system would of been better if we keeped the regions the fight and if you let it go it reverted back to start set nation (most of the map being spain) instead of returning to neutral.

PYR    52
1 minute ago, Captain Lust said:

And this is good. It improves economy and prevents zerg clans from crushing the weaker nations. It was a good idea, don't let people tell you otherwise or make it cheaper, please. There are horrendous amounts of gold in the game again already... people complain how it is expensive when in reality they have all the gold to pay it, if they really need their name on every port, they just don't want to... Thanks for your effort.

Agree!! game must not be too easy and more espensive ports will signify more alliance, then treason and so on... so lot more option to play!!

Sir Texas Sir    3,662
2 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

The problem is the wrong players have all that gold.  It's not the casual 90% of the game, it's the 10% hard core traders and such that has all that gold.  Hell I rarely break over 5 mill cause I'm spending it on econ all the time.  Prob sitting at between all my chars right now less than a mill.  Now ask me how much resources I have, now that is a diffrent story.

Captain Lust    482
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The problem is the wrong players have all that gold.  It's not the casual 90% of the game, it's the 10% hard core traders and such that has all that gold.  Hell I rarely break over 5 mill cause I'm spending it on econ all the time.  Prob sitting at between all my chars right now less than a mill.  Now ask me how much resources I have, now that is a diffrent story.

Yeah, i agree but if you make it cheaper you only end up with players from those 10% hard core traders who are in zerg clans owning the map... because when gold doesn't matter anymore only the player numbers matter... Making it harder to hold ports with the cost, makes it harder to expand to enemy territory, which also simulates the enormous  cost such a war would have. I think this feature has the potential to balance nations more than anything the game ever had ( except for alliances done right, maybe ) but we shall see...

Skully    1,022
22 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:
24 minutes ago, admin said:

I wipe my ass with million dollar bills. Np. 

According to a very credible news reporter ( :P ) https://youtu.be/yBzp33bgIfM?t=1436, Pirates own 125 ports.

Discounting the uncapturable ones for a moment and making the presumption that BLACK owns all (which I think isn't a bad presumption or is it? :D) it would boil to roughly 12M per day at minimum.

Is doing RvR worth that much gold to you? Or did some faucet secretly sprout? :ph34r:

Maybe a trail of sunken ships will tell a tale... :lol: I hope it is not a tale of empowering victors, then it'll again be a short Season. ^_^

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Most players already lost access to their set up production lines due to previous conquest. New conquest is no different, but with safe zones for some nations

New conquest is a different: Holding ports costs 100K a day, so there will be not much conquest at the map, coz most port havnt any income.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

Captain Lust    482
34 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:
36 minutes ago, admin said:

I wipe my ass with million dollar bills. Np. 

@admin @Sir Texas Sir ... so yeah, don't think it's too expensive.

PYR    52
6 minutes ago, Skully said:

According to a very credible news reporter ( :P ) https://youtu.be/yBzp33bgIfM?t=1436, Pirates own 125 ports.

Discounting the uncapturable ones for a moment and making the presumption that BLACK owns all (which I think isn't a bad presumption or is it? :D) it would boil to roughly 12M per day at minimum.

Is doing RvR worth that much gold to you? Or did some faucet secretly sprout? :ph34r:

Maybe a trail of sunken ships will tell a tale... :lol: I hope it is not a tale of empowering victors, then it'll again be a short Season. ^_^

I think it will some hot spots and calm zones. Small clan that want their territory will be able to instal in calm zones as long they do not zerg to much with a biger clan... or are maybe challenged by another small clan that look for a place Under the sun

Stepp636    62

The rewards of PVE and PVP are getting increased so everyone can do the missions in the safe zones gathering millions in a short time without any risks.

100k for a port is nothing.

shaeberle84    329
40 minutes ago, admin said:

38 minutes ago, admin said:

Most players already lost access to their set up production lines due to previous conquest. New conquest is no different, but with safe zones for some nations

Production happens to 99% in the five ports around a nation's capital. No need for further conquest, no need for RvR. The only ports you need is the rare wood ports. As long as production buildings are not unlimited and as long as ports cost money to maintain without further benefits, RvR will be dead due to economic reasons.

PYR    52
1 minute ago, shaeberle84 said:

Production happens to 99% in the five ports around a nation's capital. No need for further conquest, no need for RvR. The only ports you need is the rare wood ports. As long as production buildings are not unlimited and as long as ports cost money to maintain without further benefits, RvR will be dead due to economic reasons.

Dont agree... People do rvr for fun. More boat and easier to get  = more boat to loose = more RVR for fun

PYR    52
2 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

It will also be able to capture a port and tyrn it neutral again, son not necessarily to keep it

fremen    111

1 minute ago, PYR said:

It will also be able to capture a port and tyrn it neutral again, son not necessarily to keep it

And what's de reason of this? A funny port battle against the NPCs? 

Anolytic    3,038
5 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

The rewards of PVE and PVP are getting increased so everyone can do the missions in the safe zones gathering millions in a short time without any risks.

100k for a port is nothing.

So more PvE-to-RvR.

I always find something to be excited about with every new patch, however much it is criticised by everyone. This time I'm dreading the arrival of the new patch. 

Edited by Anolytic

PYR    52
Just now, fremen said:

And what's de reason of this? A funny port battle against the NPCs? 

Eliminate a clan to close from your port without having to keep it

Holm Hansen    29

simple question:

Are the map changes also happen on the PVE server?

We have on this server no RvR. And anyway already a different map than the PVP servers, by the neutral ports that was introduced months ago.

fremen    111
1 minute ago, PYR said:

Eliminate a clan to close from your port without having to keep it

But you talk  about battle against other players, this is not the case because the port is neutral and only will be defended by NPCs

PYR    52
Just now, fremen said:

But you talk  about battle against other players, this is not the case because the port is neutral and only will be defended by NPCs

Yes but if an ennemy clan take a port to close to ports belonging to your clan you can take that port from the ennemy and turn it neutral again... so rvr and no cost to keep that port after

Rigge1988    20

If a clan capture a port and decides to set it as neutral or free and set a taxrate to 50%. A good reason for the enemy to capture said port if trade/production is of any interest.

PYR    52

Maybe admin will tell us if a port taken by a clan and turn into a neutral or free port cost money to that clan. How i understand it is free or neutral, does not bellong to any one... so no keeping cost