Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Well. This obviously means your warehouse was not in a capital - which forces me to ask - how did you defend it before?

Counting on being able to counter hostility within 24 hours.

Which we proved to be broken / bugged with the Bombing of Aves and the PvE hostility grinding.

8 minutes ago, JT Scott said:

Do we know what is going to happen with our War Supplies?  My clan has devoted a lot of our resources to building a stock of them.  Should we just sell them back now (at a pretty big loss) or hope to get reimbursed after the reset?

On 8/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, admin said:

War supplies will be abandoned

Rancho-Cucamonga-Home-Mortgage-First-Tim

Well, was waiting on final word of how assets would be handled. And now that we know, there's no way that I'm going to have time to - or want to - spend the better part of the weekend clearing compromised outposts in time. Oh well.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Quineloe said:

I think the majority of the players who left this game in july again will not bother coming back if they lose any assets over this. That's like 80% of the playerbase.

Most players already lost access to their set up production lines due to previous conquest. New conquest is no different, but with safe zones for some nations

40 minutes ago, JT Scott said:

Right, so plan "A" was to use them up before the reset, but not much time for that now, especially with everybody moving stuff around.  Not that big a deal, I might use mine anyway just for grins.

you can sell them. ports buy war supplies still i think

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

Will there be a description how the new features in detail work? 

Fees, taxes, income etc.

What's happening is that buying from the store adds another x% (so 5) to the base price, which is tax going to the port owner. I think that's it. So you pay 100k or even more to receive 500 gold from hull repair sales or something.

12 minutes ago, admin said:

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

And this is good. It improves economy and prevents zerg clans from crushing the weaker nations. It was a good idea, don't let people tell you otherwise or make it cheaper, please. There are horrendous amounts of gold in the game again already... people complain how it is expensive when in reality they have all the gold to pay it, if they really need their name on every port, they just don't want to... Thanks for your effort.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, admin said:

current minimal fee is 100k per day. So if your clan controls 10 ports it will amount to 1 mln per day.

They should not all be 100K some small clans couldn't even afford one port that way.  Why not make them like the flags and have smaller ports/Shallows cheaper than say SOL ports.  Than have a + for any port with a rare resources.

Flatt's will cost you 150K  (it has the only cedar) but other SOL rate port would only cost 150K(100K+25K+25K for regional capital/SOL port) and the 4th rate one will be 100K.   

Kidd's Harbour is 125K as it's a regional capital, but North Inlet would be 100K and Rum cove is 50K as it's shallows.

Though I think we should go with some smaller amount like

25K for Shallows

50K for 4th Rate

75K for SOL

Than add 25K for if it's a Regional capital and another 25K if it's a rare resource port.  

I'm going to tell you right now makeing them all 100K folks won't take ports and upkeep them.  Specially if you only make something like 10% of the upkeep off the tax's.   Tax'es should not cover all the upkeep but it should cover 50-75% of the upkeep Maxed out.  The base 10% of all ports should cover a big chunck of that maintance cost.  This way your can't really get rich off owning a port but it can't break your clan either.   Clans should be able to easly afford to own a few ports depending on there size.  A big clan prob can own 10+ ports, while a small one can prob handle 1 port ownerships.  Since we now have fights over ports that is a lot of dots that won't be used (was prob never used any way).   I really think this system would of been better if we keeped the regions the fight and if you let it go it reverted back to start set nation (most of the map being spain) instead of returning to neutral.

2 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

And this is good. It improves economy and prevents zerg clans from crushing the weaker nations. It was a good idea, don't let people tell you otherwise or make it cheaper, please. There are horrendous amounts of gold in the game again already... people complain how it is expensive when in reality they have all the gold to pay it, if they really need their name on every port, they just don't want to... Thanks for your effort.

The problem is the wrong players have all that gold.  It's not the casual 90% of the game, it's the 10% hard core traders and such that has all that gold.  Hell I rarely break over 5 mill cause I'm spending it on econ all the time.  Prob sitting at between all my chars right now less than a mill.  Now ask me how much resources I have, now that is a diffrent story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The problem is the wrong players have all that gold.  It's not the casual 90% of the game, it's the 10% hard core traders and such that has all that gold.  Hell I rarely break over 5 mill cause I'm spending it on econ all the time.  Prob sitting at between all my chars right now less than a mill.  Now ask me how much resources I have, now that is a diffrent story.

Yeah, i agree but if you make it cheaper you only end up with players from those 10% hard core traders who are in zerg clans owning the map... because when gold doesn't matter anymore only the player numbers matter... Making it harder to hold ports with the cost, makes it harder to expand to enemy territory, which also simulates the enormous  cost such a war would have. I think this feature has the potential to balance nations more than anything the game ever had ( except for alliances done right, maybe ) but we shall see...

22 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:
24 minutes ago, admin said:

I wipe my ass with million dollar bills. Np. 

According to a very credible news reporter ( :P ) https://youtu.be/yBzp33bgIfM?t=1436, Pirates own 125 ports.

Discounting the uncapturable ones for a moment and making the presumption that BLACK owns all (which I think isn't a bad presumption or is it? :D) it would boil to roughly 12M per day at minimum.

Is doing RvR worth that much gold to you? Or did some faucet secretly sprout? :ph34r:

Maybe a trail of sunken ships will tell a tale... :lol: I hope it is not a tale of empowering victors, then it'll again be a short Season. ^_^

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Most players already lost access to their set up production lines due to previous conquest. New conquest is no different, but with safe zones for some nations

New conquest is a different: Holding ports costs 100K a day, so there will be not much conquest at the map, coz most port havnt any income.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 4