Game-Labs Forum

Patch monday - urgent.

I don't understand, sometimes a patch is being announced 4 months ahead, and now 3 days before? How about 2 weeks? :D

But the content seems good, will be interesting to see which areas players will think are important to hold and pay for, and which ones will stay neutral. (By now there probably is enough gold in game to run every port for months though)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Any option to move warehouse from a dangerous place of a size about 100-200 Indiamen to safe port aka redeemable? You know... only about 10% of clan only active before the update. 

Oh I would loohoove to help.. Belize - KPR is it? Or perhaps Old Providence?

EDIT: @admin On a serious note though. Is this the transformation to the unity5 engine as well or is that coming later? And will I get my beloved Rattlesnake back? (aka. the real one and not the abomination currently ingame) because if we are I'm gonna burn every h.rattlesnake I see and force players to build AND love the real rattlesnake with a vengeance!

EDIT II: (I'm a plethora of questions now) Will we see other mechanic changes? i.e. tp/roe/econ/diplo (between states that is) etc?

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

I just need a little clarification please. I have a shipyard and assets on Hat Island. Is it staying a Freeport?

I was just informed on National chat that Aves will be a Freeport now did not see that earlier.

Good move Devs, good move!!

Aves... My new home 😀

50 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

@admin The Dutch will loose all there assets? if not captured in time?

14 minutes ago, Farrago said:

@admin No mention of the Dutch home region.. are we disappearing?

On the latest testbed-build you have Willemstad, Fort Zoutman, Fort Oranje and Las Aves. Guess he just forgot them in the list, no worries m8s

33 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

On PVP 2, many Pirates have buildings and assets in Savannah (USA coast above Florida). This post seems to indicate they will be safe, however, I would assume that region is going to switch to US hands.

Correct, at least based on the testbed map.

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

On PVP 2, many Pirates have buildings and assets in Savannah (USA coast above Florida). This post seems to indicate they will be safe, however, I would assume that region is going to switch to US hands.

mentioned regions will turn into national regions and will become uncapturable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liq said:

I don't understand, sometimes a patch is being announced 4 months ahead, and now 3 days before? How about 2 weeks? :D

These changes were announced long time ago AND were on testbed for at least a week

• Like 3

Dev's, why would you give your loyal players such short notice for such a patch that requires them to move so much out of ports that will change? Why cant you give your customers more time to prepare for this?

The patch sounds promising however the execution is like a slap in the face to players of your game. And just because something is on test bed does not mean players know where and when to move all there stuff from ports, they have no idea what will happen so how can you expect them to prepare before an official announcement is made?

Edited by Rebel Witch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebel Witch said:

Dev's, why would you give your loyal players such short notice for such a patch that requires them to move so much out of ports that will change? Why cant you give your customers more time to prepare for this?

its just your perception. You were on forums all august. We announcement plans for conquest change in 2nd of august and detailed them in final form on 22nd of august. 
Testbed with clan changes was opened on 17th august. The map changes were on testbed for 1 week. And all what is on testbed always gets on live.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Let's say our clan warehouse is located in not safe place and it has about 200 Indiamen carry weight if not more. Do you really expect us to move all of it? There should be an option to move it during the first week after an update or so... I won't find 200 players to make a transport convoy or I'm not gonna make 20 trips with 10 either...

If you held this region before. you probably are in good shape to hold it going forward. Strong clans who can defend themselves don't need to move anything. Just cap the fort and hold it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

There is no point in doing it as we want to have a clan warehouse locating in the safe zone, pretty logical, right?

Well. This obviously means your warehouse was not in a capital - which forces me to ask - how did you defend it before?

• Like 2