Game-Labs Forum

Best RVR clan in games history

Simon Cadete

It is pointless to compare clans and their campaigns. All these comparisons have one thing in common, they took place in different era's within naval action. Having completely different RVR and PVP atmospheres back then compared to eachother. Each remarkable clan had its own successes and i applaud them for that.

On behalf of DAS i can only say, those peak moments are more than 1,5 years ago, possibly even longer. With the old saturday trafalgars. I think the last trafalgar we had was a display of tactics and skill back then in a ( i repeat) different combat system than we know now. Being outnumbered gun wise and skill wise, because SLRN back then was a proper force.  We only had one choice, go straight at em! give them no time to organize and coordinate. We formed 2 lines at the very last second and had them pinned down between our lines the entire match. Eventhough we where outgunned from the start, and i can honestly say outskilled, they where better. We won based on tactics and having fun.  That mattered back then, just having fun. We cant compare it anymore to port battles nowadays or conquest systems we had the last 1,5 years. In the 3-4 years of being here i have seen really good players and i think it is a shame most of you never sailed under the command of Steelsandwich. 

DAS is no longer active, we are still there but not active. I am confident we will rise again, but sadly we can never re-create such atmpshere we had with SLRN and RUS and VIE, yes i mention VIE, they seem to be forgotten and they certainly rocked aswell back in the day.

I applaud Sorry's accomplishments aswell BLACK's , and i cant say who is better or worse, in the end every battle has different circumstances and i think the only fair way to claim who is baddest and best, is go back in time and have that trafalgar system again. But hey! maybe we will see in Naval action legends:) 

@TommyShelby , i only led a few PB's  , most of the time i only led in 2nd place after steel in trafalgars, but not just me, we did it together we where a tight gang of guys. 

Shoutouts to : RUBLI, HRE, EDR. TF, TDA and puchu :D

• Like 9

funny, @Lord Vicious that you keep cornering @TommyShelby with "revising history", but can only bring up achievments of SORRY that happened when exactly? 2016?

We never saw your 150 active members "painting it black". Remember George Town? Screened by British Pubbies, must be a shame. The swedes picked up what was left behind. Remember the port battles against the danes ( @Anolytic, @Cornelis Tromp) on the northern coast of Hispaniola? When was the last time SORRY achieved something worth mentioning?

• Like 1

@Lord Vicious Ofcourse you only remember the time when you played Naval Action. The time i talk of was before you joined the game, if you want, you can keep living in your own little world where nothing that happened before SORRY's creation matter. Or you can open your eyes and realize that there was a time before SORRY. 

As for you beating TDA. Congratulations! TDA always was an OW PvP clan, the RvR we did back then was empty port battles.
So no, we had in fact no experience when it comes to 25v25 battles.
SORRY did good, and SORRY might have been the best 25v25 Fighters, unfortunately you never got to fight against SLRN, RUS or DAS when those clans were ruling the seven seas with their "Port Battle" fleets. 

SORRY never proved their worth compared to SLRN, RUS or DAS. SLRN, RUS and DAS fought hundreds of 25v25's against each other, learning more and more from every fight and becoming better and better by doing so. 
The few 25v25's you had were against clans with no experience in 25v25's and this is why i don't think SORRY deserves to be called "The best RvR clan". 

I'll happily admit i'm not a good RvR player, never was and never will be because it doesn't interest me. However i can certainly tell you who i'd call the "Best RvR clans in NA's history". 

@Konali89 Definitely Konali, it is almost impossible to compare the clans of old with the clans of new. To me, i look at the combat prowess as the main factor and then the "achievements" as the secondary factor, and to me there is no doubt here. DAS, SLRN and RUS all 3 deserves the title.
Other clans have done great as well, but their combat prowess will never come close to those 3 when they were in their "prime" so to speak. 

• Like 4

I play for more than 1 year now and i never understood why SORRY should be such a huge name, because i never heard it until i fought some of them in the Port-au-Prince region. And these guys didnt make a difference to the pirate loss.

I dont know SLRN and DAS aswell, that could have been before my time, but from the moment on i was interested in RVR RUS was the only name i heard again and again.

So i cant talk for all time best RVR clan, but SORRY was a Noname for me the past year.

The most i connect to SORRY is actually Forum drama. That was the first time i heard that name too.

2 hours ago, Konali89 said:

DAS is no longer active, we are still there but not active. I am confident we will rise again, but sadly we can never re-create such atmpshere we had with SLRN and RUS and VIE, yes i mention VIE, they seem to be forgotten and they certainly rocked aswell back in the day.

Of couse we are on the platte that much since we never took part in the forum RvR only the real PB, but it was only a short time after EA on Steam that we could field a full 25 PB (with capptured 3rd rates back then) and were holding the west for weeks against SLRN in the Danish 3 front war (Brits, Swedish and French) till the black Friday.

I realy miss the old Trafalgars though, best fun i ever had in this game.

Edited by balticsailor
  • Like 7

SORRY was my answer if we speak in general in Naval Action History.

- They were not bad in RvR, they were not bad in Port Battles.  Probably they were at least better than average.  We can at least all agree this?

- They made clearly the biggest impact to our community.  No other clan is as well known as SORRY.  Lord Vicious is rude in his comment, none can deny that.  This created hate against SORRY and LV.  People wanted to hang them, probably because Lord Vicious was able to make them to be so hated.  Even other pirates wanted to hang them.  They were the "evil" clan that everyone hated.  On top of that, even when everyone turned against them they were still able to survive and also be victorious.  When they were victorious, LV came to your face and laughed at you, made sure that everyone knew that he had won.  He did not just do one victory dance to annoy you, he made 10 of those, and after that came to teabag you.

- If they had been bad in RvR, you guys would have removed them from the map 100 times.  You guys could not achieve that, and that makes them even more annoying.

- They did not care an F from honor.  More unfair it was for their enemy the better.  Did not really make them to be any less hated.

- They were able to create so much drama and salt that global chat turned to be good entertainment when Lord Vicious was active.

- They had active players, many were HC players.  If rumors are true they had ~10 alts per member.  They had very strong economy, if they had lost a full fleet, they could make a comeback sooner than any other clan.

- They created content.  Many wanted to do something to see them dead.

- Maybe they did not have best players, maybe they were not the best clan in Port Battles.  I am still pretty sure they were the best RvR clan.

SORRY and Lord Vicious created a very good "evil" clan.  Makes me wish that Albion Online dies and LV comes back to entertain us all, in good and mostly bad.

Where is the thread for best OW PvP clan?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I am still pretty sure they were the best RvR clan.

Depends how one chooses to rate the "best RvR clan". 

To me its combat prowess that is the main factor and there i've seen much better clans than SORRY.
But alas, SORRY never got to fight against other Port Battle fleets who had the experience that DAS, SLRN and RUS had back in the day. 

Therefore i can't possibly say whether or not SORRY actually were better in combat than the 3 i mention. I can suspect that SORRY was better (Or worse) but i judge based on what i've seen and what i haven't seen, therefore i'd declare DAS/SLRN/RUS the "best". 

Again, this is based on the way i look at it. Many others will think of "Best RvR clan" as something different than i do.

The BEST clan is the one whose leaders came here on a regular basis to post solid updates to the developer explaining all of the latest bugs, exploits, loopholes and toxic mechanics they had discovered which they realized would ultimately be bad for the game overall.

It would not be, for example, any clan who had their members banned and warned for douchebag gameplay, or who tried to take it out on the developer via negative Steam reviews.

Maybe an even better gauge would be which clan would the community most like to encounter again in another game, somewhere else. New EA game is out, you join that game and there you see _______, who you remember from Naval Action. You're happy to see them because they are good gamers who really add to the community. They might crush you but you know it's good gameplay and if anything, their suggestions will make it even better.

If you fail the community test, you fail as "best".

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 4

On 12/9/2017 at 2:03 PM, TommyShelby said:

@Lord Vicious Ofcourse you only remember the time when you played Naval Action. The time i talk of was before you joined the game, if you want, you can keep living in your own little world where nothing that happened before SORRY's creation matter. Or you can open your eyes and realize that there was a time before SORRY. 

As for you beating TDA. Congratulations! TDA always was an OW PvP clan, the RvR we did back then was empty port battles.
So no, we had in fact no experience when it comes to 25v25 battles.
SORRY did good, and SORRY might have been the best 25v25 Fighters, unfortunately you never got to fight against SLRN, RUS or DAS when those clans were ruling the seven seas with their "Port Battle" fleets. 

SORRY never proved their worth compared to SLRN, RUS or DAS. SLRN, RUS and DAS fought hundreds of 25v25's against each other, learning more and more from every fight and becoming better and better by doing so. 
The few 25v25's you had were against clans with no experience in 25v25's and this is why i don't think SORRY deserves to be called "The best RvR clan". 

I'll happily admit i'm not a good RvR player, never was and never will be because it doesn't interest me. However i can certainly tell you who i'd call the "Best RvR clans in NA's history". 

@Konali89 Definitely Konali, it is almost impossible to compare the clans of old with the clans of new. To me, i look at the combat prowess as the main factor and then the "achievements" as the secondary factor, and to me there is no doubt here. DAS, SLRN and RUS all 3 deserves the title.
Other clans have done great as well, but their combat prowess will never come close to those 3 when they were in their "prime" so to speak. 

Slrn avoided us as hell, leaving ozzy clan to deal with us alone, hiding when we started arriving in the south of gulf of mexico (wich causes the ozzy leave of brit for pirates since nobody was going to help them in brit, becouse no brit wanted to lose face vs sorry)  in case you didnt notice, and for the brief time das and others "ruled" as you said,  sorry was a 90% usa timezone clan so we could not fight them even if we wanted to and vice versa :) so not was a choice.

And for the rest, we where always going in front of enemy capitals, challenging, cant remember das rus hre or any of this mythological clan, ever daring to go vs a nation on themself, let alone as clans.        The biggest archievement this clans ever did was always in a coalition/national level., not sayng they where worst then us or better, just pointing out that as clans they never where able to score what sorry did as clan.  They did great things but always in a mixed enviroment with their nation.

And since this thread was about CLAN, and not nations/coalitions accomplishment i find your arguments off topic.

SORRY is and remain the only true RVR clan.  Born for that purpose.   We never shared our victories or our defeats with no one. 100% our wins 100% our victories and the overall math is 99%+ in win side.    a number none can match.

now GL o/ debating maths. 

Edited by Lord Vicious

Just now, Lord Vicious said:

Slrn avoided us as hell, in case you didnt notice, and for the brief time das and others "ruled" as you said,  sorry was a 90% usa timezone clan so we could not fight them even if we wanted to and vice versa :) so not was a choice

I'll say it again. The time i speak of was before the very existence of SORRY.. 
Before you started playing NA even. 

9 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I'll say it again. The time i speak of was before the very existence of SORRY.. 
Before you started playing NA even. 

WHo care about pre release when ppl could not even field 25 LOL.  (game got launch in what 21 january?   we where a clan already 20 february, so your mythological clans pre sorry was all in that 30  days? )

wanna talk about best clan pre ow? when na was only a lobby? your arguments keep losing sense. 

The community have spoken, and i see much more ppl sayng SORRY, then  your mythological clans,  even if i was hated and sorry as well. People at game over with no more contest on stake, can see things for what they are.

You have talk about rvr clans,   SORRY was an RVR machine, from propaganda to training to economy to leadership.   Others clan never got such focused goal. i dont even know how you can debate that.     And rvr can only be misured by how many pb you won and conquered, and we won and conquered more then anybody else, and is a fact.   I am SORRy tommy but  reality is that. doesnt mater how you try to convince  everyone about how Das or SLRn was powerful, when they existed for 3 months before lose the ability to be an rvr clan.     I think i never see an slrn full fleet since what may 2016?     

Edited by Lord Vicious

On 9/8/2017 at 6:21 AM, Simon Cadete said:

I wanted to start this thread because even though I know a lot of clans from both servers, I don't know them all. In your opinion which clan has been the most powerful or effective in RVR in the past 12 months?

I will suggest BLACK but I'm bias because it's my clan.

What about you guys?

I vote for the GOONSWARM..  The Goons have been the most prolific PVP, RVR clans in the history of gaming.  They are the biggest and baddest badguys in EVE, and several other PVP MMOs, and have been that way for nearly 20 years. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

WHo care about pre release when ppl could not even field 25 LOL.  (game got launch in what 21 january?   we where a clan already 20 february, so your mythological clans pre sorry was all in that 30  days? )

wanna talk about best clan pre ow? when na was only a lobby? your arguments keep losing sense. 

The community have spoken, and i see much more ppl sayng SORRY, then  your mythological clans,  even if i was hated and sorry as well. People at game over with no more contest on stake, can see things for what they are.

You have talk about rvr clans,   SORRY was an RVR machine, from propaganda to training to economy to leadership.   Others clan never got such focused goal. i dont even know how you can debate that.     And rvr can only be misured by how many pb you won and conquered, and we won and conquered more then anybody else, and is a fact.   I am SORRy tommy but  reality is that. doesnt mater how you try to convince  everyone about how Das or SLRn was powerful, when they existed for 3 months before lose the ability to be an rvr clan.     I think i never see an slrn full fleet since what may 2016?     

Right, i forgot that the 100's of 25v25s between SLRN, RUS and DAS only exist in my head... 

You and SORRY wasn't present in the time i speak of, before Early Access. I know its hard to imagine that there was a game before you and SORRY arrived in the game. 

SORRY was an "empty port battle machine". 90% of your Port Battles were uncontested. What an achievement! I clap my hands and bow before the oh so mighty Lord. 

I'm not trying to convince anyone.
If you actually care to read the things i've posted here you'd understand that i judge clans based on their Combat Prowess and not on "How many empty ports they can conquer". And unfortunately SORRY fought only a small amount of 25v25's and most of those were against disorganized teams made up from a bunch of different clans. 
You yourself have actually said that "A team of 1 clan will always win against a team made from 7 different clans" (Something along those lines) which makes you small victories against those types of teams, rather insignificant. 

DAS, SLRN and RUS fought 100's of 25v25's gaining proper combat experience every single time. That is why, in my mind, they were the "best RvR clans". 

Your "training" against AI is nothing compared to the combat experience DAS, SLRN and RUS had at the point of time i talk about. Your economy was nice, no doubt, but not better than that of SLRN, RUS and DAS at the point of time i talk about. Your leadership was mediocre, sure you gathered a lot of people but guess what? DAS and SLRN gathered just as many people as SORRY at the point of time i talk about. 
They had focused goals, being the best at 25v25's and having fun at the same time. Guess what? I'm pretty sure they did. 

Your delusion of grandeur and your narcissism is like a blindfold. You only see what you think is important and anyone with a different opinion must be retarded. 
I have complimented SORRY for what they have done several times, but in my eyes the Combat Prowess of DAS/SLRN/RUS outweighs that. 
This is my opinion based on everything i have seen since the first day of OW. Like it or not, it does not matter. 

14 minutes ago, Batman said:

@Lord Vicious merely adopted the rvr; SLRN, RUS and DAS were born in it, moulded by it.

And some would say ruined it by making it so toxic....   I often wonder what the game would be like if they didnt include the fictitious "Pirate" faction that had long since been widely eradicated by the timeframe of the game....   

Its amusing that real-life people of that era had more manners and honor even though they would kill each other....

Im sorry but can i ask?

1) What the BLACK clan? (Server nation? im not trolling!)

2) Sorry controlled 90% of the card?when? at what time?Just after Roseau (when we going helped our French friends) I didnt see   Sorry in the Danish waters, maybe it was before?(when we fighting vs brits?)

P.S. Old SLRN was best RVR clan

• Like 2

BLACK = Pirate clan with long, rich history of significance on PVP2-now-Global.  They are well organized and have many experienced players with well known names.

I'm not putting in a vote for them, however.  I would vote for SINK (French clan) on what was PVP2, now inactive I'm pretty sure. :(

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Lord Vicious said:

76 ports in 1 week you can see progress in some old  letter to the king episode  122 ports in total, taken by sorry in  1 single campaign from usa capital to entire gulf of mexico to tumbado, + all bahamas and majority of north cuba

It’s a real shame that there is no History or Backstory for Naval Action at different times to be viewed. The importance of @Jeheil note and the Battle Reports like @Sir Texas Sir writes become so important.

No one believed me at the time but My @Lord Vicious I was right. You and the [SORRY] state were just a symptom and not the problem. You knew there was always someone with a bigger stick or better code. Have a rest with the Albion, take a break from Naval Action...

[ELITE] and I want you back…

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

It’s a real shame that there is no History or Backstory for Naval Action at different times to be viewed. The importance of @Jeheil note and the Battle Reports like @Sir Texas Sir writes become so important.

No one believed me at the time but My @Lord Vicious I was right. You and the [SORRY] state were just a symptom and not the problem. You knew there was always someone with a bigger stick or better code. Have a rest with the Albion, take a break from Naval Action...

[ELITE] and I want you back…

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

Albion is fun and is going  well, tbh, i like the contest. the progress is good.    I am SORRY anout NA, the run was cool, but last 2 wipes where meh..  I am exausted to grow  a clan over and over for nothing.

So i wish you all good fortune in the wars to come

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 4