Game-Labs Forum

Best RVR clan in games history

Simon Cadete

That’s too much of an open-ended question and totally subjective. This was one of the major gripes @monk33y had with Games Labs. We’ve had a good few years now of history and Lore if you like that’s not registered or made use of…

Look at this YouTube clip and EvE Lore and history is very visible and we should copy this over regions etc showing the RvR over time…

@monk33y really wanted something like this to show what [SORRY] achieve via an influence map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQOhZYRswc

Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

I wanted to start this thread because even though I know a lot of clans from both servers, I don't know them all. In your opinion which clan has been the most powerful or effective in RVR in the past 12 months?

I will suggest BLACK but I'm bias because it's my clan.

What about you guys?

dont recall ever seeing them in  ow . not in pvp euro anyways

If we are talking since the beginning of OW. There is only 3 clans i can think of that really earned a nomination. 

SLRN, RUS, and DAS. (Not in a particular order). 

Why would i say one of the 3? Its simple really. In their "Prime" so to speak they did about 2-5 "Port Battles" (25v25 SoL Fights) a day. They fought like hell and a ton of different tactics were tried. 
This went on for something like 4-6 months. 

All 3 clans managed to capture large amounts of the map (Equal to the amounts that newer RvR clans such as SORRY managed.)
The difference being that SLRN, RUS and DAS fought hundreds of 25v25 SoL Battles against each other, each battle they became better and better. Truly battle hardened Port Battle fleets. The newer RvR clans however haven't fought a whole lot of 25v25 SoL Battles, and the ones they have fought have usually been against inexperienced, disorganized teams made up of several different clans. 

@manuva85 @Snoopy @freddykrueger66 @BABAY @SteelSandwich @Capt Bubbles @Konali89

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

If we are talking since the beginning of OW. There is only 3 clans i can think of that really earned a nomination. 

SLRN, RUS, and DAS. (Not in a particular order). 

Why would i say one of the 3? Its simple really. In their "Prime" so to speak they did about 2-5 "Port Battles" (25v25 SoL Fights) a day. They fought like hell and a ton of different tactics were tried. 
This went on for something like 4-6 months. 

All 3 clans managed to capture large amounts of the map (Equal to the amounts that newer RvR clans such as SORRY managed.)
The difference being that SLRN, RUS and DAS fought hundreds of 25v25 SoL Battles against each other, each battle they became better and better. Truly battle hardened Port Battle fleets. The newer RvR clans however haven't fought a whole lot of 25v25 SoL Battles, and the ones they have fought have usually been against inexperienced, disorganized teams made up of several different clans. 

@manuva85 @Snoopy @freddykrueger66 @BABAY @SteelSandwich @Capt Bubbles @Konali89

Perfect point fella

All [ELITE] came from PvE and only arrived PvP US in November 2016 so all the lore is gone the backdrop etc... That would have being brilliant to see 2 to 5 PBs a day 25v25

The problem i have with SORRY is that they never really proved their worth against an equally organized clan. Sure, they conquered big parts of the map but 80% of the Port Battles were empty and 15% were against disorganized teams made up from several different clans. 

SLRN, DAS and RUS conquered just about the same portions of the map as SORRY did, but most of, if not all, their Port Battles were against highly skilled and very experienced Port Battle fleets made up from other organized clans. (Mainly each other). 

• Like 6

You have to really define "best".

Like no way is BLACK the best. They literally hid from the French open world PvPers and refused to engage them after what I believe was literally 1 fight (which was, itself, less than half actual BLACK members). I don't see how you can claim "best" if you dominate in RvR but were not a serious PvP presence and vanish when the open sea fighters appear. I would even go further and suggest that BLACK's rather stupid "play to crush" attitude that they used on the USA team makes them the worst guild on the server, as the server would literally have been better without them.

Similarly, of course, I can't point to any of the French clans as "best" because we were the other end of the spectrum. We dominated the open world PvP scene in the areas we went to (including Mortimer Town) but we almost didn't do port battles at all, as we didn't care for that style of fighting or econ ("slowboating"). Our crushing of the British 4th rate port battle fleet using 3rd rates probably didn't help server health either.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think PvP-Global post-wipe has any clan that can come close to claiming they are the "best".

We didn't really have any singular stand-out clans that excelled across the board and were notable.

It's like you walked into a crowded theater for a viewing of Wonder Woman and asked which member of the audience was the best among them. Yes, which of you overweight neckbeards and raging feminists among you is the best.

The contest of "best" is only a close race in the sense that most of them are tying for last place.

• Like 3

@Slamz

Since when gankers can pretend to be considered as skilled PvPers ? You are dreaming my friend. I have always saw you fleeing my Renommée, and you will always be. It's better for your ego.

PS: and hell yeah, SORRY, SLNR, RUS and DAS are on the top of EU server. On GLOBAL, BLACK rules obviously, but to me, it can't really be considered as a great achievement since there is not as many opposition as on EU.

Edited by Pelennor
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

But ultimately it is a fail question.  A team that wins in a failing game is irrelevant.

Nah, it's only a Season and Season #3 is about to start. :D

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1