Game-Labs Forum

'Global PVP' server a failure

1 hour ago, LeopoldRNN said:

It is a complicated issue. I can respect all the opinions expressed here.

What concerns me is new players as well as existing players, who:

1) Begin as a 'Global PvP' player because it seems logical given their time zone or personal playing time habits (pattern).

2) Invest time in XP rank and resource gain.

3) After weeks or months, finally understand the game well enough to realize Global isn't functioning very well, much beyond essentially being a de facto solo PvE experience.

4) Leave the game because they feel poorly informed and led astray, and dismayed at the idea of starting XP grind all over on 'Euro PvP'. 

This is essentially what has happened to me and others in my circle of friends, who otherwise like the game very much, but are dismayed at the current situation(s).

IMHO the game rules ('forthcoming' discussion thread , etc) need to somehow allow for a merged server & rule set (PB's, etc) that reasonably accommodates everyone.

Either that or this game might remain (for the foreseeable future) a small niche game for just the Europeans. Maybe that's ok?

There is no need for a server merge it will solve nothing. What would be beneficial is to reinstate the steam sync of the servers so both servers can benefit from players migrating to and from.. When I'm up late there's 65-90 on the PvP EU server. If the PB timers are unlocked that will be what is left of the playerbase because all the euros would simply leave the game and move on to something else and the rest would be bored out of their minds because none of them had the imagination to start in a faction they felt unaffiliated with (which was partly what happened on the global server).

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

GLOBAL wasnt a failure... the admin failed it.

1- he placed the server in the second choice slot.  Should really not matter the slightest

2- he provided ZERO information for the incoming playerbase on the differences between the servers on login.Granted

3- there was no information on STEAM or in a email to the player base to tell the restrictions on EU or the lack of restrictions on Global. Granted

4- there was LIMITED information put out prior to the wipe informing everyone that they would HAVE to login and do something on that server in order to update XP and character information. I disagree - the general population was informed via the log-in que that stated months in advance that the xp would be redeemables. On NA forum there was a lenghty discussion to this regard.

5- It was not a true wipe, those that had clans there stayed, those that migrated had to start from scratch. We all started from scratch - the only thing left was the clan tag and member lists. To found a clan really isn't that expensive and we all had to buy the warehouse etc. And as far as I know it was a player choice wether to redeem the tbrig, surp and indefatigable on one server or the other. Gold is hilariously easy to come by and just the day for the wipe my clan had guns for the indefatigables, opened a clan warehouse and if we'd have to pay for starting up the clan we could've done so easily. To state that those who migrated somehow got a deal so much worse than anyone else is simply not true.

Over all the server was ate up like a soup sandwich.   I have seen US Army privates perform a simple task like that better.

Come on man - global failed because it is a failed idea. If all that took to kill global was the premium for making a clan and put it number two on the list. Well then the idea as a whole was untenable to begin with.