Invisibility poll

Invisibility poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Please provide your vote on invisibility and speed boost after battle

• Keep as it is
    • Reduce by 50%
    • Remove completely

2 hours ago, Borch said:

It's like i would ask, why are you able to get from Navasse to Kingston in the time a casual is doing his mission to be attacked straight after. This works both ways. 

I dont think there is solution that suits all in  this case. Only way is to either slow everything down to in battle speed or get rid of instances. Both are inpossible to do.

Well in this case its mostly coincidence though that you met that player leaving a mission, compared to ACTIVELY waiting on an exact battle pos (f11 coords posted by the guy being attacked). It still is an issue though, I agree. Maybe grant a shorter invis timer when leaving a mission, so that it gives the guys leaving mission a fair chance to gain some distance from nearby bandits; and at the same time cant be abused by hopping in and out of a mission on purpose.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Well in this case its mostly coincidence though that you met that player leaving a mission, compared to ACTIVELY waiting on an exact battle pos (f11 coords posted by the guy being attacked). It still is an issue though, I agree. Maybe grant a shorter invis timer when leaving a mission, so that it gives the guys leaving mission a fair chance to gain some distance from nearby bandits; and at the same time cant be abused by hopping in and out of a mission on purpose.

It is not "an issue". It is THE ISSUE.

It needs to be removed.

It is idiotic and it does not "prevent the revenge fleets" at all.

11 minutes ago, Cortez said:

It is not "an issue". It is THE ISSUE.

It needs to be removed.

It is idiotic and it does not "prevent the revenge fleets" at all.

How is actually giving the initial idea of a 3 min join timer, which decides which ships are in range of the battle and which are not and therefore dont have any right for taking a revenge, a reason, idiotic? Might aswell have forever open battles then. Seems much less idiotic, right? /sarcasm off

I agree with Liquicity... revenge fleets are much more ganking than the victim of them is a ganker more often than not. The players that voted to remove invisibility without coming up with a better solution are probably the same cucks that sit in the greenzone for pve and only join pvp fights that are massively in their favour / on their terms...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I agree with Liquicity... revenge fleets are much more ganking than the victim of them is a ganker more often than not. The players that voted to remove invisibility without coming up with a better solution are probably the same cucks that sit in the greenzone for pve and only join pvp fights that are massively in their favour / on their terms...

Reported your post for "cucks".

Just want you to know that :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

How is actually giving the initial idea of a 3 min join timer, which decides which ships are in range of the battle and which are not and therefore dont have any right for taking a revenge, a reason, idiotic? Might aswell have forever open battles then. Seems much less idiotic, right? /sarcasm off

This thread is about removing your idea of invisibility.

Idk what a join timer has to do with it.

Just now, Captain Lust said:

Says the one that gets upset about someone saying "cuck" on the internet. Don't let your parents know, please... i don't want them to think of me as a bad boy... :)

You called players of this game "cucks".

You are not a bad boy for sure.

You are an internet warrior.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of reading responses that are copy pastes of multiple quotes.  But it seems obvious that people do not want to be forced into continuous battles ....

5 hours ago, Demsity said:

If reduced or removed, a system needs to be implemented to prevent forever tagging. Forever tagging is when a group of player tag you over and over again after escpaing battles, leading to chases taking hours upon hours.

5 hours ago, Serk said:

This is the main culprit IMO. Being hostage to the game must be avoided at all cost, so either leave it as it is, or add the option to quit the game immediately after a battle. 

4 hours ago, Aegon Targaryen said:

I still like a battlescreen with the option to logout if you were the defender. That means you can go offline after successfully escaping a defense battle.

4 hours ago, Liquicity said:

We didnt have either but we did have battlescreen which also somewhat did the job of preventing silly revenge fleets.

2 hours ago, Rickard said:

the game should give you the option to escape an area after you escaped the battle in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cortez said:

This thread is about removing your idea of invisibility.

Idk what a join timer has to do with it.

well the 3 minute join timer simulates the fact that only ships in range, 3 min OW time covers a lot, should be able to join and get to the target. If we're going to get rid off invisibility, the 75x compressed OW will allow players to camp on an exact battle pos and wait for someone to pop out; a target they should never and would never have reached, because they were not in range (3 min join timer).

Anyway. I kinda want to see no invis / no speedboost now, at least as a TEST, see how much PvP actually gets created and see whether or not those that are initiating the PvP, therefore sailing to enemy waters, will get tired of it pretty fast, because they will have to deal with players which would never have reached them.
I'm also curious to see where players imagine PvP to happen , if not in national waters. "Let's randomly sail half way to nowhere and meet that spanish player group, because they totally have a reason to be there".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I'm not a big fan of reading responses that are copy pastes of multiple quotes.  But it seems obvious that people do not want to be forced into continuous battles ....

Ofc not.

Already suggested here, and as said, the worst solution has been chosen.

When the battle is over, Ow or RvR, the game should automatically kick players to their starting ports.

Problem solved.

Just now, Cortez said:

You called players of this game "cucks".

You are not a bad boy for sure.

You are an internet warrior.

I called those that didn't come up with an alternative to invisiblity timer while at the same time wanting it removed that, and rightfully so. If they want it removed we need another way of preventing revenge fleet camping. If speaking the truth makes me an internet warrior, then fair enough.

• Like 1

I called those that didn't come up with an alternative to invisiblity timer while at the same time wanting it removed that, and rightfully so. If they want it removed we need another way of preventing revenge fleet camping. If speaking the truth makes me an internet warrior, then fair enough.

You have no right to call the players "cucks" here, they play PvE or PvP., if they suggest or not.

"Speaking the truth"..You?

Lol.

Invisibility balances the removal of the previous 'teleport to port' battle exit and the 'log out on battle screen' both of which I found less satisfying and the revenge fleet a poor means of PvP.

If a player is mob attacked/ganked but manages to escape a battle the invisibility function will allow the player to escape without being repeatedly attacked.

A further balance for me would be that the invisible Captain should not be able to see OW vessels while invisible. This will avoid an invisibility attack positioning on other OW players.

Buster (put my invisible leg somewhere anyone seen it?)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cortez said:

You have no right to call the players "cucks" here, they play PvE or PvP., if they suggest or not.

"Speaking the truth"..You?

Lol.

What is this offtopic spam about? Do you have an alternative to invisibility timer? If not, why spam here? I get you're butthurt over what i said, mate...

further balance for me would be that the invisible Captain should not be able to see OW vessels while invisible. This will avoid an invisibility attack positioning on other OW players.

I would like to see this, good idea.

Edited by Captain Lust

Seems that the poll is incomplete and is missing critical options:

1. Keep as it is .
  2. Reduce by 50%.
  3. Remove completely.
  4.  Remove completely and add option to log out of game after a successful escape.
  5.  Remove completely and add teleport to safety (port) after successful escape.
  • Like 2

What is this offtopic spam about? Do you have an alternative to invisibility timer? If not, why spam here? I get you're butthurt over what i said, mate...

I would like to see this, good idea.

I have nothing to say to you.

You called the players of this game "cucks".

Ignored and reported.

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:
  •  Remove completely and add option to log out of game after a successful escape.
  •  Remove completely and add teleport to safety (port) after successful escape.

I liked those option when they were in game and i think they should be back...

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

I have nothing to say to you.

Of course you don't, only like the previous 4 posts and now you're busy being all whiney about a random comment... or is it just that you really are one and thats why it hurt so much? If so, im sorry man - there are many fish in the sea ;)

Let me tell a story and then you guys can think of how many "wrongs" there are in there. There might even be some "rights", who knows.

It is the story of ChuCoMan and how he lost 2 Traders Brigs filled to the brim with goodies. For the sake of argument totaling 1.5M.

2EDF0E1929750D6325065A55874E902F6C958ACD

ChuCoMan was quietly sailing along south-west past Mantua on his way to Barcos to sell his stock of Iron Fittings.

When all of a sudden, out of the blue, a British Surprise pulled up beside him.

His initial reaction was to drop all sails and try to call it a night. Were it not that the night belongs to the AUSEZ.

T -5:00 "Battle comms, US double Traders Brigs fleet, scramble at Mantua."

Realizing his mistake he put up his sails again, but the Surprise was ready for his every move.

The Surprise tagged him in battle and a chase began.

T -4:45 "We need a couple more minutes before we can bring 3 fast interceptors."

T -4:40 "Roger, I'll keep him in battle until our fleet is ready."

To his surprise the enemy captain made some bad mistakes and slowly he saw his way clear.

T -2:30 "3 fast interceptors undocking at Mantua, position?"

5 hours ago, Prater said:

My map wasn't just for the community, we had a private version that showed our locations to each other so we could always find each other's battles.

(And that is how ours comms center looks like, with multiple TS channels to keep ourselves appraised of every movement.)

T -2:20 "Just west of Mantua, position 1 on my spot, 1 south-south-west end, 1 at the tip."

T -1:00 "Fleet in position."

Unbeknownst to him a "revenge" fleet had been put into place.

T -0:30 "Preparing for final volley, he thinks he is clear."

T -0:03 "Firing..."

"I made it out", ChuCoMan must have been thinking as he left battle.

Spotting the first Trincomalee on top of his spot, he probably panicked and immediately put up full sails.

T 0:10 "Leaving battle, entering pursuit."

ChuCoMan must have seen the second ship as he steered left to the tip.

T 0:30 "I have a visual at the tip. I have him."

T 0:35 "Tag, I'm coming up straight behind him."

The rest, as they say, is history.

(The Discord transcripts are my best effort to translate Aussie into English, so there may be errors in them. :P)

3 minutes ago, Skully said:

text

So how exactly is this supposed to proove that getting kicked back out straight to OW, without any effect, is working as intended? Because it seems to proove the opposite to me?

Also, weren't you constantly complaining about gankers and forming a ganking heaven? Well then, well done on taking out a captain-rank with probably all his assets

• Like 2