Game-Labs Forum
admin

This land is my land - new game in development

Celtiberofrog    568

Looks very beautiful !

Your team is definately getting very sharp in virtual worlds.

Count me as very first buyer even for a pre-pre-beta version  8)))

Good luck for this new prject.

Macjimm    477
8 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Looks promising,  love that's it's not a first person perspective.

Would it matter to you if others have the option of first person?  It wouldn't affect your choice to use the option of 3rd person.

4 hours ago, karacho said:

I fear that you will ride your horse in the open world at incredible time accelerated speed...

NA required time acceleration because it is an MMO and we all share the same experience.  Most players are not patient enough to play in real time.   I wouldn't be totally surprised if there is some form of hurried travel or teleportation to appease those in a rush.   This Land will be single player only and hopefully the devs will allow an option for players to turn off the time compression so the AI is not racing around like speedy robots.

El_Prusiano    2

Registered to say that I will be folowing this a game with excitement.

I am one of the people who spend 100s if not 1000s of hours in hunting sims and the open American landscapes immediately wants me to play your game.

I hope the world will be less overpopulated than other games. That means, there are people who like real outdoors simulation, where you roam a bit until you find animals or other people. And in between you may just want to light a fire and do nothing during the evening / night but lok at the stars. Those people are currently limited to very few games only (eg The Hunter or Arma III) and they spend a considerable amount of money there.

That is at least what I would hope to see from this game, competing with open worlders a la Ubisoft where you are railroaded into action is imo not a good proposition, especially not in this setting.

The graphics are absolutely gorgeous by the way.

Macjimm    477

El Prusiano,

It is nice to hear there are others who appreciate roaming, exploring and just looking at the graphics.  I too have spent some time in "The Hunter" and "ARMA3" enjoying the scenery.  I debated buying the "Witcher 3" recently because it looks so beautiful but decided against it because efforts have been only partially successful to Mod it to enable the first person view.

It is appreciated when developers allow some opportunities to experience a virtual world without being pushed into conflict, action and competition.  Nice to have the choice.  One person's view of boring may be exciting to someone else ... and visa versa.  Options and choice creates wider appeal.

Captiva    227

The early American West is one of my favorite themes. I will definitely buy the game. Continued stellar graphics from Game Labs.

DeRuyter    725

I wish the devs good luck with the project. It would be interesting to see the eastern tribes in this game as well.

akd    2,622

Sensitive topic, and nice to see an attempt to tell the story from the native side, but I hope you don't fall into the "noble savage" trap.

Jean Ribault    849

Please be sensitive in taking on this topic.  I realize that part of development is lots of research, and I trust that you have done plenty and are continuing to do so.  This is a very sensitive topic in the USA.  We have had legislation over baseball teams using names that sound derogatory to Native Americans.  This game has huge potential and I do love the concept; just a simple request from one American to tread softly at first and be cautious.  I am not a politically correct zombie like many others, but respect is the bottom line required for many themes.  Good luck with this fantastic project!

Haratik    232

Might suggest playing in a time period just before or during the French and Indian War (1750's or prior).  This was the true American Frontier when the Native Americans still actively roamed the Appalachians and valleys.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:24 PM, Jean Ribault said:

Please be sensitive in taking on this topic.  I realize that part of development is lots of research, and I trust that you have done plenty and are continuing to do so.  This is a very sensitive topic in the USA.  We have had legislation over baseball teams using names that sound derogatory to Native Americans.  This game has huge potential and I do love the concept; just a simple request from one American to tread softly at first and be cautious.  I am not a politically correct zombie like many others, but respect is the bottom line required for many themes.  Good luck with this fantastic project!

That what I meant, but got warning point for speaking my mind. Oh well. 

Edited by George Washington

Haratik    232

People are too damn sensitive nowadays.  Too mollycoddled and forgot how valuable a thick skin is.

Back on topic:

The American Frontier theoretically started in the very early 17th century and didn't end until the first quarter of the 20th century.  That being said, and while I'm all for a Wild West setting, your images seem to hint at an earlier period in the timeline.  Hence my proposal.  My mind went blank (not to mention distracted by my current interest in nautical history and research), else I'd go into detail.