Game-Labs Forum
admin

This land is my land - new game in development

raskolnikoff    124
1 minute ago, Macjimm said:

In North America the term "Indian" may be derogatory (to some) unless it is referencing people from India.

The first people of North America are respectfully referred to as Native or indigenous.

Think of it as courtesy.  Like refraining using the "N" word for people with black skin.

We've accidentally mentioned word "Indian", all our references always saying "Native American", we apologize for inconvenience 

Macjimm    477
Just now, raskolnikoff said:

We've accidentally mentioned word "Indian", all our references always saying "Native American", we apologize for inconvenience 

I'm sure it will be appreciated.  

Note: the word is still in the first (initial) post.

Serk    243
5 minutes ago, raskolnikoff said:

Indeed, be aware this game is entering the " political correctness territory" defended by legions of social justice warriors. You'll neeed your own party of PR officers and lawyers to get out of there alive ;)  

Otherwise, this is an interesting concept. GL in this new project. 

Edited by Serk

Louis Garneray    580

Congratulations and good luck with the development of the game.

I'll follow its development with interest.

As for naming  native people it should be left to them to decide how they want to be called I guess it's more than fair, they survived quasi extinction. Usually they go by tribe :D:D

Clearly looking like it takes place in the American Frontier west, so we will be playing as [one of?] the various plains tribes.

One of the first things that came into mind I'm rather excited for is the soundtrack and voice acting. i hope you plan for a lot of on-the-ground support for these, as authentic sounds and music would go a long way. (see Kisima Innitchuna)

As a single player game, will it be more of an open sandbox? Or story driven (or both?)

If sandbox, will we have a selection of tribes to choose from (apache, navajo, Lakota/Dakota, etc)

Edited by William the Drake

manuva85    601

So this game will try to compete with Read dead redemption 2? Good luck on that, I hope this time you wil keep it out of Early access and pubblish a fin ished game for change. Pics looks ok, like all pics does, untill you see it animated it showes nothing.

raskolnikoff    124
30 minutes ago, Aegon Targaryen said:

@raskolnikoffWhats the size of the development team? Also any Info for when you are planning to release the game?

as every other Game Labs development team we are few, but we are passionate about the game, experienced and motivated

raskolnikoff    124
1 hour ago, manuva85 said:

So this game will try to compete with Read dead redemption 2? Good luck on that, I hope this time you wil keep it out of Early access and pubblish a fin ished game for change. Pics looks ok, like all pics does, untill you see it animated it showes nothing.

we are not competing with RDR2, we are making completely different game which shares setting with RDR2

The Red Duke    6,298

There are few settings that blow my mind in a "rpg" setting but everything from the 1700's Indian Wars and later Great Plains expansion conflicts are one of them.

Will this be still around the 1850's or on the post civil-war "1876" Last Stand Hill / Sitting Bull setting ?

SeaWolf_    224

Native american themed game where the main character is native american!!! :o Will we be seeing any eastern native american tribes?(Shawnee, Iroquois, Cherokee, Creek, etc). Also similar question as The Red Duke, what time frame will this be set in?

raskolnikoff    124
2 hours ago, William the Drake said:

Clearly looking like it takes place in the American Frontier west, so we will be playing as [one of?] the various plains tribes.

One of the first things that came into mind I'm rather excited for is the soundtrack and voice acting. i hope you plan for a lot of on-the-ground support for these, as authentic sounds and music would go a long way. (see Kisima Innitchuna)

As a single player game, will it be more of an open sandbox? Or story driven (or both?)

If sandbox, will we have a selection of tribes to choose from (apache, navajo, Lakota/Dakota, etc)

Sorry missed your question.

The game takes place in the American Frontier, and you will be playing as a member of one the tribes

About soundtrack and voice acting - it's too early to give specific answer on this question, but thanks for pointing for something what we could possibly miss

It will be sandbox game with story

Answer to the last question will be given at a later stage of development

Thanks for a good set of questions!

dagdriver    38

What a brilliant idea!

And it looks brilliant too. I am interrested although I never had much patience for "stealth" games.

I hope going in guns blazing (or rather bows / Tomahawks ) is a viable option !

Koro    476

Are those in game pictures or art work? It looks amazing - I hope it will live up to the high expectations you've already established here :).

Kaos    375

Will this have any plans for multiplayer?

I can't deny that running down humans with my failfit (copper plating + speed rig) 5 slot horsie that I stole from the front of a tavern from another player who spent weeks grinding pve for it and riding into sunset looking for adventures has me intrigued.

So any plans for this day-zish human hunting simulator/survival in the wild west frontier setting or just strictly pve?

Stilgar    315
On 06.09.2017 at 5:35 PM, Jœrnson said:

The graphic looks great but there are no sails :D

No sails indeed, but there might be a chance for zombies :D

Anyway, good luck with this new title. Graphics looks catchy indeed.

admin    27,916
On 07.09.2017 at 3:58 AM, Kaos said:

Will this have any plans for multiplayer?

as you probably already know and witnessed - multiplayer is hard to make right from the get go

Skully    1,009
1 hour ago, admin said:

as you probably already know and witnessed - multiplayer is hard to make right from the get go

MMO, definitely. :)

player owned servers, like 2-4 coop, or 4 ffa?

Rickard    308
6 hours ago, Skully said:

MMO, definitely. :)

player owned servers, like 2-4 coop, or 4 ffa?

no please dont...

Awesome,

i take it that it should have acceptable historical accuracy if it's made by you, and open world is always welcome.

-Would it be possible to know what books and other sources are being used ?

Amusingly enough i am reading a book about native americans atm struggle for the land, native north american resistance to genocide, ecocide and colonization, it marked me that from the starts it says that native americans are not fighting for equal rights but for their rights as nations. Lakota woman was another great book. ( both modern books )

-Any support for mods?

-Any ethnologist helping with the accuracy?

-Any native americans having a say on the game?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
added link