Game-Labs Forum

This land is my land - new game in development

admin

Hello Everyone

Game Labs have been working on a new product in secret this year. Today we can provide some information about the game.

This Land Is My Land is a single player open world stealth action game with a living hostile environment. You will play as an Native American fighter. The game will feature several innovative mechanics that we believe will increase variety and create surprises every play-through.

• Living developing world that grows on its own constantly trying to counter player actions to win the game.
  • World will grow differently every time you start the game: towns and camps will grow differently, patrols will change routes, enemies behavior will change
  • Enemies will learn and react to your actions intelligently so you will have to change your strategy on the fly. 

For more information please follow us on Facebook 

Some screenshots

sCqFQx4.jpg
sxwt3CI.jpg
qS6LEJr.jpg
ecRJ24l.jpg
hYdRap5.jpg

PS: this land is my land is a working title and might change in the future

• Like 37

When you said "Indian" I honestly thought you meant India. (So the Pictures helped me realize that it is in fact, NOT India, but the Mid-West landscape of North America haha).

Not that it is any problem, but the distinction could be "Native American" too. This is not meant to poke at you or anything.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

When you said "Indian" I honestly thought you meant India.

Not that it is any problem, but the distinction could be "Native American" too. This is not meant to poke at you or anything.

thats a good point. from now on the developers will reply instead of me :) 

On 9/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, Peter Goldman said:

1. Is it first person or third person view? (and why not both). 

2. What's the goal of a game? (probably natives defending from invaders)

3. Are we forced to play solo or as part of a tribe? Maybe option to have companion.

4. Do you consider adding coop mode? (Game like The Long Dark or Skyrim never thought about it and they get thousands of requests for it, but it's too late already to implement it).

5. Quests and campaign à la Skyrim?

Due to early stage of development I can't give precise answers, so please don't take my answers as a statement about future features

1. Third person and no plans about adding first person view

2. That will be explained later on

3. There will be a choice

4. Not now

5. There will be quests

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fellvred said:

Congrats to the art guys yet again, looking really nice.

Is it going to be a fully open world (open ended etc) or more of a story driven style?  Any news on early access eta? ;)

Thanks!

It will be open world and kinda open ended. We have nothing to say about early access yet

2 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

Will the Ai react similar to how Kingdom Come: Deliverance is position t heir AI, which complicated tree structure and how you act in one area of the map, may effect those around you?

Probably I didn't get your question correct, but I'll answer in a way how I understood it. We have quite smart and reactive AI which works cooperatively against player

10 minutes ago, raskolnikoff said:

Probably I didn't get your question correct, but I'll answer in a way how I understood it. We have quite smart and reactive AI which works cooperatively against player

Thanks, that's what is what I was hoping for.

Any idea of how large the map will be? 

1 minute ago, raskolnikoff said:

AAA is, first of all, a budget. We are indie team so we can't consider ourself as AAA

Of course, what I mean is what kind of price level, which supposedly corresponds to amount of work and the overall quality of the title, are you aiming for — is it AAA-like. And the chosen platforms define much too.

Just now, Teutonic said:

When you said "Indian" I honestly thought you meant India. (So the Pictures helped me realize that it is in fact, NOT India, but the Mid-West landscape of North America haha).

In North America the term "Indian" may be derogatory (to some) unless it is referencing people from India.

The first people of North America are respectfully referred to as Native or indigenous.

Think of it as courtesy.  Like refraining using the "N" word for people with black skin.

1 minute ago, Macjimm said:

In North America the term "Indian" may be derogatory (to some) unless it is referencing people from India.

The first people of North America are respectfully referred to as Native or indigenous.

Think of it as courtesy.  Like refraining using the "N" word for people with black skin.

We've accidentally mentioned word "Indian", all our references always saying "Native American", we apologize for inconvenience 

• Like 1