Game-Labs Forum

Green on Green By Pirate

https://snag.gy/uzEPGi.jpg

This fellow pirate sank me when I entered a battle to help him because he was in a fight with an enemy ship.

I was in a lynx and he was in a reno then shot me when I approached to stern rake the enemy ship. As I got closer he then rammed my lynx so he could capsize the ship.

This player did not say anything in chat even after he did what he did. This is a green on green as far as the rules go and I hope that this player shall be reprimanded for his actions.

As per http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/21414-green-to-green-damage/?tab=comments#comment-437546, jumping in another players mission is at your own risk. The green-on-green rule would not be in effect.

It would have been courteous of Teach Edward to give you warning before opening fire, but as it currently stands this is not mandated.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

As per http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/21414-green-to-green-damage/?tab=comments#comment-437546, jumping in another players mission is at your own risk. The green-on-green rule would not be in effect.

It would have been courteous of Teach Edward to give you warning before opening fire, but as it currently stands this is not mandated.

In that case, the green-on-green was in response to "stealing" loot (otherwise known as piracy). The ruling absolutely does not give a blanket approval of shooting friendly missionjumpers. In the above case there is no indication, unless the accused testifies to such, that the missionjumper, i.e the accuser, was stealing loot or attempting to do so. Without a conversation happening in  battle chat there is no justification for acting on such an assumption either.

If this is the first case of abuse for the accused, I would assume that the appropriate response will be a warning, but I'll leave that judgement up to the Admiralty, and so should you Skully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I'll leave that judgement up to the Admiralty, and so should you Skully.

I never pass judgement, I only state my interpretation of the rules.

If anybodies interpretation of the rules is bad or wrong (including myself), then the rules need amendments.

The rule is clear. No Green on Green except if both parties agree (i.e fireships, scuttling). There is no ambiguity there.

It was also quite clear from the ruling you linked that it was an individual case ruling with no impact on how the rules are generally to be interpreted. And even if it had not been, the circumstances of that case were obviously very different. 

There is also this rule to keep in mind: 

Back to the actual case, if OP does not want his case dismissed I advise providing actual proof of the accusation he is making. As of now all we see is that his ship sank. There is no log to prove Green-on-Green, video or even picture showing that he gets shot at. The location is obviously La Tortue, but he does not say what time it was or which server. And there is no reference to an F11 report. As of now this tribunal does not contain enough evidence to warrant further investigation and will probably be dismissed on lack of evidence.

9 hours ago, Skully said:

this was not a mission... as you can see, he is fighting an LGV... this was open world combat and so the green on green rule does apply. Also... as has been stated, that a mission jumper is allowed but if they attempt to steal your loot and you wish to stop them, you must give them a warning before taking action. No warning, nor request to leave was given, only the action.

8 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Back to the actual case, if OP does not want his case dismissed I advise providing actual proof of the accusation he is making. As of now all we see is that his ship sank. There is no log to prove Green-on-Green, video or even picture showing that he gets shot at. The location is obviously La Tortue, but he does not say what time it was or which server. And there is no reference to an F11 report. As of now this tribunal does not contain enough evidence to warrant further investigation and will probably be dismissed on lack of evidence.

I made an F11 report at the time which I put under exploit and major... however as this was the first time that a Green on Green had happened to me I didn't think about cntrl L until after I left the battle.

Can't remember the server time however it was somewhere between 23:00 and 01:00 on the EU server.

• Like 1