Game-Labs Forum

No Name Zero Br Ships

JT Scott

Question

10 answers to this question

11 hours ago, JT Scott said:

I sometimes see ships with a Zero BR, no Captains name, no nationality.  Is this a bug or a feature?

If packets don't get to you in time you will see a ship with no name and nationality. Click again or wait a sec and it will update. 

6 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

My internet is 250Mb/s download and 30Mb/s upload speed. I get this issue very often just like every player in this game (no downloading/uploading other stuff in background). Sometimes it gets fixed if you're lucky but very often clicking again or waiting doesn't fix the issue. For me this is one of the critical bugs that was in game forever.

You can have the best internet in the world, but if something between you and the target has crappy intent routing it won't matter how good your personnel intent is.  I get oddly bottle necked some where close to the US sever from my Texas location.  I know the server is in NJ, but I tend to get bottled neck some where around TN/Virginia area when mine acts up.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

You're an overkill in 1st rate lol 

Test using mobile phone and Wi-Fi. While using Ethernet cable connection it gets more smooth and with better results B)

B6FwN0.jpg

@Sir Texas Sir

I am living very close to the German server of PvP EU and I don't even have a high ping on PvP US. It's not always client size issue, but server side.

This goes like that:

PLAYER <----> SERVER <---> PLAYER

Whenever one ship is 0 BR for me, I ask my friends to tell me and they see it correctly. The issue is server sided. Thus, it's a network/game problem, not player side problem (in most cases). It needs to be fixed by the Developers.

I see some people just are ignorant of internet...  

The size of you internet pipe has nothing to do with how fast you get packets.  All bandwidth allows is MORE packets....not FASTER packets.  in theory,  you could be getting packets faster on a basic 4mb connection over your fat 250mb connection, just not as many.  The number one factor on how fast packets make a round trip is not bandwidth....it is distance.   A 4 mb connection near the NA servers will run circles around your 250mb connection.  

Distance, congestion, upstream links, and type of packets all factor into how FAST you get packets.  The only time your 250mb connection will be needed is when you download a update and can fill the bandwidth pipe... otherwise you come nowhere near filling up even a basic internet connection.  NA does not transmit that much data.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Better connection quality/technology also ensures a smaller loss of packets, smaller delays. People usually having 4Mb internet have old cables, older technology, standards etc. 

Time is actually not an issue here. Sometimes 0 BR bug lasts forever, 10-20 mins and won't get fixed without logging out and back or docking into port. 

It's not about speed only, but a good modem, Ethernet cable, fiber optics, networking standard, smaller PING, lesser packet loss etc.

true and I would guess every time you click on a ship or in proximity of another ship it doesn't re query the servers...only the first time.  The rest of the time the ship data is in some sort of local cache.  so if you get bad data the first time, you will keep that bad data in local cache and that is why it can remain for a long time.

• Like 1

I have tested this with mine and my wife's account and was able to duplicate it very easily doing one thing. I sit outside of a port and she exits, then immediately enters port as soon as the option is there. Her ship shows as 0BR and then disappears.

7 hours ago, Raekur said:

then immediately enters port as soon as the option is there. Her ship shows as 0BR and then disappears.

I guess this is normal behaviour when a ship leaves OW and enters a port.

What meant is ships with 0 BR while travelling on the OW. I have seen this from time to time too.

Edited by Guest