Game-Labs Forum

Why did players leave?

Simon Cadete

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

2 servers should of been shut down a year ago and a solution should of been found to sustain players on one server.  Players seem to forget this is early access.  Most early access games don't have multiple testing servers (especially this size of a population).  Most early access Devs don't cater to one demographic of players who are mad because the game gets played while they are asleep.  Life goes on.

I don't get this one either... i mean it costs money to maintain servers and 3 servers aren't needed, well 2 seperate pvp servers are definitely not and with the new safe zones and the game already being focused on pve - why wouldn't they just make one server? I don't get it... is it really just because of some whiners that can't handle a online game being played when they aren't online? If i don't have time to play during the day should we add a special timer for me? Just asking...

• Like 1

I say we should all chillax a bit. NA Arena seems to be pretty close. Have some biff there. Unload our pressure there, kick each others head in until we can't swim anymore :D. Gives the undoubtful BEST ASPECT of the game, combat, especially pvp, some promotion. If they allow us to record / stream it, new customers might be interested.

But I still have to say; as long as there is no really helpful UI and starter manual INGAME, not some youtube tutorials, the new player retention rate will stay low.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I say we should all chillax a bit. NA Arena seems to be pretty close. Have some biff there. Unload our pressure there, kick each others head in until we can't swim anymore :D. Gives the undoubtful BEST ASPECT of the game, combat, especially pvp, some promotion. If they allow us to record / stream it, new customers might be interested.

But I still have to say; as long as there is no really helpful UI and starter manual INGAME, not some youtube tutorials, the new player retention rate will stay low.

People are upset because a game they enjoy(ed) is basically dying and the devs seemed to have kicked it to the curb.  I'm currently playing Albion, I enjoy it....but it's not Naval Action.  I'd rather be playing Naval Action, but I can't with the current population levels and various mechanics.  

People don't usually invest 2-3k hours into early access games unless it has some promise or it scratches that certain itch.  Naval Action does.  If only the powers that be realized it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, admin said:

90% of battles in EVE pvp ends up with kill mail only. no xp no money.
yet of course one can say that you can level up pvp skills in eve by just sitting in station in 1.0

So the players who enjoy not being rewarded for PVP are playing EVE. You can't convince them to play NA instead, so why try?

• Like 1

Interesting points from all sides @admin out of curiosity why don't you put together a feed back form to the community where you could remain anonymous or let people know who placed feedback, with multiple choice questions about what people prefer and at the end ask the question what people are wanting out of the game and what they want to see in game leave it open for people to write what they want then build the bones of the game again from there? Yes I know you are creative ones here but player base is just a huge part to 

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

Damn, @admin is on fire in this thread! :D

Besides the low population, the only real problems that I have with the game right now is that you need to do PVE in order to do PVP and the PVE RNG factor for skill books. Skill books are very very rarely for sale at the moment.

I believe that a xp/gold for damage system is not required if the PVP rewards are buffed a lot. Going into PVP is way more dangerous than PVE and should be rewarded accordingly. 
Maybe there is some way of making your opponent flee from the battle count as a win? Without it being abused like hell of course.  

If you want some content to be rare (and this is a good thing IMO) there needs to be a better way of obtaining them. As it is now, a rare book can be dropped by a random AI cutter. So your only hope is to get super lucky, no matter how good or bad you are at the game. This only leads to player frustrations.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Christendom said:

People are upset because a game they enjoy(ed) is basically dying and the devs seemed to have kicked it to the curb.  I'm currently playing Albion, I enjoy it....but it's not Naval Action.  I'd rather be playing Naval Action, but I can't with the current population levels and various mechanics.  

People don't usually invest 2-3k hours into early access games unless it has some promise or it scratches that certain itch.  Naval Action does.  If only the powers that be realized it.

We lost some clan members to this Albion thing too, long before the population or RvR crisis.  :(  We need to wage war against these new player-stealing games! 

5 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

We lost some clan members to this Albion thing too, long before the population or RvR crisis.  :(  We need to wage war against these new player-stealing games! 

I don't want another warning for "promoting" the game, but for now its new and shiny.  

• Like 1

WELL, I miss the log file in the clan warehouse (so the game is not fully implemented)

i miss the Dutch ships

i dont go in all the buggering whose fault it is...

upgrades, distribution of goods, and grind for slots grind , and rewards still needs  a good balance that's all 

its nobody's fault

all and all it s not going fast enough it seems, developing a game, or more than one game is a dividing effort of time spent on developing it , maybe there lies a mistake, but Q and A is important i think for every game

OT i did not quit (yet)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

Here we don't know how to close exploits in pvp as battles can be arranged.

not only in pvp.

you Devs made 1 big mistake...ALT account.

all player with ALT account exploited some mechanics and abused them to reach the top or have some advantage to use against noobs or lower level (not skilled...but level) player. on Global, in the last 2 weeks 5 new player left the game cause they can't buy any ship more cause Vets Hardcore Rat ganked them every day out of Charlestown for 2-3 hours killing all their assets...that cause they were vet player! yeah!! very wise...

look also to the fact that the biggest number of player with ALT acc are rats and they have also a cheating feature like outlaw battle where they can hide an entire attacking fleet (see Tribunal) but they are considered still a nation so they can also cap ports...and they use those advantage to bullying newcomers...this is your fault Devs, you let it happen cause you want money, immediately...so you allowed buying multiple copy of the game as a Premium Shop feature.

but now, how much money are you losing due to lack of player and good rewiew on steam by new and old players?new player buy the game but can't play cause there are less than 60 player on global and only a little more on EU, and those are Hardcore player that goes everywere searching for a fight because they must fight fight fight...kill kill kill... and the noob, without tutorial, without money, without skill, without knowledge is killed 4-5 times every day from those hardcore palyer until they are messed up and left game...

so now you don't know how to escape from your mistake, and decide to create a new game as a trap to catch all Hardcore player from open world to Legends...good luck, but you will fail because all vets from both Servers ( that are actually the only player online) will transfer to legends killing naval action.

i can give you the solution but wold you like to listen? it will cost you a war with all player that bought multiple copy on the game, but in long terms...you will rise again to 2k player on EU and 5-600 on global as 1.5 year ago selling more copies and having the queue to enter on EU...

the solution is to listen to hardcore player and do the opposite. the death of all MMO is hardcore elite club player. always.

MMO are made for 99,9% from noobs or easygoing player the come back home from job and want to relax and maybe 0,1% of hardcore.   real hardcore players go to arena mode games like CS:GO and so on...if you want to create a very good MMO you have to think how broke legs to hardcore players and force them to play slow and only with skill...no magic or exploit or ''Master Degree in Perks Management and Module Applications'' of Harvard...MMO must be noobs-friendly not harcore-slave.

now solution...in that order:

1) removes all perks, books and module, marks - good PVP come only from skill not cheat

2) re-introduce forest of all wood of the game and coal for all nations - good PVP come from skill not wood...noob and vet can fight with same fir surprise, winner is the best skilled player  (if vet does a single wrong turn, or other mistake, he can be killed as a simple noob...actually, a vet with all LO/WO and modules can be shot by a noob without opening fire cause the noob cannot penetrate enought...so, same ship , no modules and only skill...good PVP).

3) reintroduce Bot attaking player in national waters - you cannot go behind enemy lines so easily without risking nothing, put an OP near a capital and destroy player noob base.

3a) remove Free Town - no one can build and OP behind enemy lines, attackers must fight at frontlines conquering one port at time till the capital regions, they must sweat

4) introduce a rank protection - until you reach a certain level you cannot be attaked by vets player (rookie regions were a good solution mode)...lets noobs feel secure to develop a little till having more ships to go to PVP if they sink.

5) remove capturable AI...maybe only trader ship, but no fifth or sixth rate...let noobs can cap trader to make money to buy crafted or store ship

6) make top rank player life HARD to mantain and new player life EASY - now, top rank have boring gameplay cause they have everything, ships, infinite money, and goes in search of someone to kill cause they are bored and don't risk nothing...noobs are something like slave in 1700.

so, introduce assets tax...if you want to expand too much and be a TOP rank (the last 3 one maybe or more if you like), you have to pay an everyday-tax...more you have, more you pay...so you now risk something and you aren't anymore bored cause you have to sweat to mantain your way of life. everyone soon or later reach Rear Ad level so everyone soon or later have to mainatin theiR assets with a tax for every single ship they have (forcing to break-up, or selling or sink ships cause they will drain all your money every day), for every OP (reduce cost to open an OP if you introduce this solution). i don't consider building cause they are only 5 so they don't weigh on bank account.

7) lock number of ships for each account - each account can have max only 1 1st rate, 1 2nd rate, 2 3rd rate, 3 4th rate, 4 5th rate, and infinite lower rate ships...if a player has already a 1st rate and in PVP he board an enemy 1st rate he must choose change ship or sink...he will never ever have more than 1 single 1st rate...if he want to change his Santi for an Ocean he must sell Santi or break-up to free the '1st rate slot' of his account...this will finally reduce the presence of 1st rate in OW or PB or in already top leveled player...even if they have ALT acc, they can stack only 2 1st rate ecc ecc...actually Jobaset has 4-5 Aggy in one account and another 2-3 on his second account Wish List...both rat, oviusly...so he will never ever risk nothing if he lost a couple in battle...so he has no fun and he become a Vet Bored Player going killing noob just to do something... Jobaset i'm saving you...:)

8) improve coastal defences range and damage, they must cover 1 or 2 circle of 3...and the range of mortar brig must be lower or the same as the Fort...no more safe sniping from distance...if you want a port you must sweat, more skill to protect mortar brigs with bigger ships or shooting to fort all together before the fort kill all attaking fleet...more skill, more planning, more tactics, more challenge to fight both players and forts...good PVP and RVR.

9) i read somewhere a good proposal by a player to change PB from 25 slots to BR limit...the lower ship that can enter in a deep water PB is Cerb ( but we cant consider maybe surprise), so the max points of BR to fight a deep water PB are [BR cerb * 25 slots]...i don't remember if cerb is 100 br but if it is, the max BR is 100 * 25 = 2500, so you can chose if fight with 25 cerb or 4 santi and a lifeboat...more tactics, more planning, more skill, more good PVP, more RVR

10) create an ingame tutorial

all these suggestions must be introduced in the game as it is now...don't remove nothing else, as you do always...we are here to test as you said.

do it

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

all these suggestions must be introduced in the game as it is now...don't remove nothing else, as you do always...we are here to test as you said.

Why?

They can never be forced to introduce things they do not believe are correct, you are free to suggest but we are here to test and give feedback not to make the game to our liking.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH A LOT OF FALSE ACCUSATIONS WITHOUT PROOF SO REMOVED IT.  ALTS aren't a pirate only thing. I bet you prob more nationals have more alts than pirates do.  

now solution...in that order:

1) removes all perks, books and module, marks - good PVP come only from skill not cheat This is a game after all and not every one is good at games, that is why games have char stats and kills and such.  This won't help anything cause your vets know the game mechanics and evne without the perks, books and module will prob out play any new player or crappy older player that still can't manual sail after a year in the game and yes they are out there.  

2) re-introduce forest of all wood of the game and coal for all nations - good PVP come from still not wood...noob and vet can fight with same fir surprise, winner is the best skilled player  (if vet does a single wrong turn, or other mistake, he can be killed as a simple noob...actually, a vet with all LO/WO and modules can be shot by a noob without opening fire cause the noob cannot penetrate enought...so, same ship , no modules and only skill...good PVP). I actually though having lumber yard instead of a building for each wood type would be great.  If you are in a port that produces a couple of woods you get to pick which one you produce out of your lumber yard.  Though please do not return to fine woods.  I call BS on your Fir ship vs Fir ship.  The vet with the skill will tear up that noob.  We do it all the time, the normal right now is every one is in Fir speed built ships for PvP for the most part with some Teak Teak...cause if you can't catch some one your not going to be able to fight them.   Than again you would know this if you have been playing the game.  I think you posted up above you haven't played in a while?

3) reintroduce Bot attaking player in national waters - you cannot go behind enemy lines so easily without risking nothing, put an OP near a capital and destroy player noob base. This is all ready  being introduced around the capital regions in the up coming patch.  We will see how it works out.

3a) remove Free Town - no one can build and OP behind enemy lines, attackers must fight at frontlines conquering one port at time till the capital regions, they must sweat This will kill small nations from making a move away from there capital if they can only move from ports next to there own.  Not going to happen or work.  The old flag system limited you by the time you can travel to plant it, that should prob be the only limits.  Not to mention some nations don't want to take every port on the map, we only want key ports.  Example pirates taking ports next to other nations.  Not our fault you can't win port battles and take them back, get organized.  Another example was Operation Lone Ranger pre-patch where we took every silver port on the map that we didn't own.  We took them in a weeks time.    We couldn't hold a ton of ports, but we could hold a few key ports cause of our numbers.   

4) introduce a rank protection - until you reach a certain level you cannot be attaked by vets player (rookie regions were a good solution mode)...lets noobs feel secure to develop a little till having more ships to go to PVP if they sink. This would be abused even more than you think alts get abused.    I would just have a low level char move all my permits and important goods cause that means you can't attack me cause of my rank.  Rookie Region had a nice concept to it, but the only folks I saw fighitng int he shallows wasn't rookies, it was top ranked folks trying to hide and do easy econ or running silver from the same port close by instead of the other far away ports there nation held.  Hay if you loose only 1 in 10 loads your still making great profits right?

5) remove capturable AI...maybe only trader ship, but no fifth or sixth rate...let noobs can cap trader to make money to buy crafted or store ship I don't see how 5th rate and below or none permit ships hurt anything right now.  Helps folks out that can't afford to buy a ship to capture an AI one, most of them are crappy builds any way just like the store bought NPC ships.

6) make top rank player life HARD to mantain and new player life EASY - now, top rank have boring gameplay cause they have everything, ships, infinite money, and goes in search of someone to kill cause they are bored and don't risk nothing...noobs are something like slave in 1700. How about more content for all players?

so, introduce assets tax...if you want to expand too much and be a TOP rank (the last 3 one maybe or more if you like), you have to pay an everyday-tax...more you have, more you pay...so you now risk something and you aren't anymore bored cause you have to sweat to mantain your way of life. everyone soon or later reach Rear Ad level so everyone soon or later have to mainatin theiR assets with a tax for every single ship they have (forcing to break-up, or selling or sink ships cause they will drain all your money every day), for every OP (reduce cost to open an OP if you introduce this solution). i don't consider building cause they are only 5 so they don't weigh on bank account. New port managment will have tax's and upkeep of ports so coming.

7) lock number of ships for each account - each account can have max only 1 1st rate, 1 2nd rate, 2 3rd rate, 3 4th rate, 4 5th rate, and infinite lower rate ships...if a player has already a 1st rate and in PVP he board an enemy 1st rate he must choose change ship or sink...he will never ever have more than 1 single 1st rate...if he want to change his Santi for an Ocean he must sell Santi or break-up to free the '1st rate slot' of his account...this will finally reduce the presence of 1st rate in OW or PB or in already top leveled player...even if they have ALT acc, they can stack only 2 1st rate ecc ecc...actually Jobaset has 4-5 Aggy in one account and another 2-3 on his second account Wish List...both rat, oviusly...so he will never ever risk nothing if he lost a couple in battle...so he has no fun and he become a Vet Bored Player going killing noob just to do something... Jobaset i'm saving you...:) Why are you locking content cause some one prefers to play certain ships than others.  How about this one.  You can dock ships in only ports that can hold them.  Shallow water ships can only duck up into shallow ports and be left.  Have normal harbors be up to 4th rates and turn SOL ports into true DEEP harbor ports and SOL's can only be docked in them.  You can still go in and out of these ports but you can't leave you ship.  So if you have SOL's they are limited to being left in big main capital ports and certain regional ports.  So it takes time to get them places and will have to be keeped only in those ports.

8) improve coastal defences range and damage, they must cover 1 or 2 circle of 3...and the range of mortar brig must be lower or the same as the Fort...no more safe sniping from distance...if you want a port you must sweat, more skill to protect mortar brigs with bigger ships or shooting to fort all together before the fort kill all attaking fleet...more skill, more planning, more tactics, more challenge to fight both players and forts...good PVP and RVR. You have never played a mortar brig have you?  Forts max range is pretty much the same as a Mortar brig.  The towers on the other hand have shorter range.  If your attacking a Fort and draw agro it will fire at your mortar brig.  I know this as I have almost been sunk by one as I moved to close to it.  Now what folks need to stop doing is even when they out number some one auto running to the forts to protect them.  This ruins the fun.  I think the further away your from the none capturable ports the less forts you should have unless you pay for a the upkeep for the clan that owns that port.  If it's a neutral port than it should not have any forts at all except in the port battles.  Though I would say it would protect the owners clan nation if some one is attacked out side those ports, but that will be to complicated I"m sure to code.

9) i read somewhere a good proposal by a player to change PB from 25 slots to BR limit...the lower ship that can enter in a deep water PB is Cerb ( but we cant consider maybe surprise), so the max points of BR to fight a deep water PB are [BR cerb * 25 slots]...i don't remember if cerb is 100 br but if it is, the max BR is 100 * 25 = 2500, so you can chose if fight with 25 cerb or 4 santi and a lifeboat...more tactics, more planning, more skill, more good PVP, more RVR We dont' want a lobby room for our OW sandbox game, you want a loby and BR limes wait for LEGENDS to come out.  Though I would love to see a rate limit as in some ports that aren't regional capitals might only allow 3rd rates and below, or 5th rates and below instead of the normal 1st and 4th rates.  Some ports have islands and harbor enclaves and such that would make interesting battles if you just move the circles around more.  I'm waiting to see what the new port battle maps will look like for the ports we haven't had port battles in yet.

10) create an ingame tutorial We need one, but when all the game mechanics are ironed out.  Why make one when things are still constantly changing.  Sorry this is EA Alpha development of a game not the finished product.  

do it

I actually liked when @admin posted this cause this whole alts fault for every thing is getting silly.

You want to know why folks loose port battles on GLOBAL?  Cause they show up in trash ships or 5th rates for a SOL port battle and than wonder why they can't win against all SOL majority fleet.  Than they give up trying and blame others for why they can't win.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Why did players leave?

- @admin/Devs listened to a small, but vocal minority of players on the forums that wanted this game to become more hardcore and more like sailing simulator......and ruined the game.  Unfortunately the majority of us did not want the game to turn NA into a 2nd job and didn't have the inclination to commit the time necessary.  In short, these guys thought removing stuff like map coordinates would make the came more immersive and recapture fond memories past of when they first started playing.  I didn't.  I just made the lives harder for the newer players, which is a demographic this game struggles to keep.  These players have kinda held the game hostage saying "Nelson didn't have this and Nelson didn't have that".....well you know what.  Nelson didn't have port battle timer restrictions and didn't have 3 servers to play on.  He also didn't have a 3 minute timer preventing players from joining his battles.  Realism doesn't always = Playability.  I hope some of you see that now.

- Major changes vs small changes.  It seems like every major patch one system goes and another is introduced.  Whatever happened to tweaking a system to make it work instead of just going scorched earth and implementing a whole new system every time.  Right after the fine woods went away and compass wood was the "main" resource in shipbuilding seemed to be an economy that could of been built upon.  Instead dupegate happened and the server had to be wiped and an entirely new system was implemented that no one asked for.  Build upon your successes and work on fixing the failures instead of just testing new things over and over.

- Player population.  This is always going to be a niche demographic of players.  Age of Sail combat sims won't ever be as popular as something like PUBG.  It will never be the new EVE.  For a game that fields a daily population of 2000 players or less, 3 servers is simply spreading the butter too thin on too large a piece of toast.  2 servers should of been shut down a year ago and a solution should of been found to sustain players on one server.  Players seem to forget this is early access.  Most early access games don't have multiple testing servers (especially this size of a population).  Most early access Devs don't cater to one demographic of players who are mad because the game gets played while they are asleep.  Life goes on.

- Lack of progress.  I've been playing the game for over a year now and I don't feel as if the game is 1 step closer to release than the first day I started.  Actually I think it's worse off in a number of ways.  This community has been patient.  Far more patient that other communities I've been apart of.  Even the most ardent of fans lose interest after a while if no real progress is made.  I also feel like admin seems to use this "early access" excuse a bit too much.  UI hasn't been worked on?  Oh it's early access.  Not enough ships?  Early access.  If you've been in early access for a couple of years, it's kinda time to shit or get off the pot.  With the announcement of NA Legends, many players seem to think that the dev team has given up on NA in favor of Legends and the game is dying a very slow death.  It is and it seems like NA is no longer the focus.  

In summary, the game lacks meaningful and diverse content.  We've had several patches that changed things around, but fundamentally the game has not changed.  No real new aspects of the game were introduced.  No exploration missions, no REAL new pirate mechanics, no raids....we've had a couple of lazy PVP circles and treasure fleets and they simply were not enough to keep the community interested.  The devs also seem to go half in and half out of the sandbox approach.  If this is designed to be a true sandbox game, then we should not have 3 servers and we should not have conquest restriction timers....but we do.  If players are supposed to generate the content of the game, thats fine.  But you need to let us generate said content with minimal restrictions OR you need to provide the player base with content if they are not able to create enough of it.  

Basically even after a couple of years Naval Action still hasn't figured out what kinda game it's trying to be....and we're tired of waiting.

These are all excellent points and deserve to be read by everyone, especially the admin/devs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You want to know why folks loose port battles on GLOBAL?  Cause they show up in trash ships or 5th rates for a SOL port battle and than wonder why they can't win against all SOL majority fleet.  Than they give up trying and blame others for why they can't win.  

Not entirely incorrect.

but one point you did make still astounds me and really don't understand is players who struggle to manually sail still, I'm still fresh in to the game but I can comfortably manual sail probably still only average in pvp terms but I can hold my own, 

the other couple of reasons people have have stopped playing is

the release of a few games,

the toxicity between vet players who have long and very deep grudges with each other,

the view of some players that some mechanics have been used as an exploit (trying not to open this can of worms again) this will always be a problem it's prospective thing,

there is a lack of content but it's an alpha game so this will remain an issue for a while I think,

this game is not no player friendly, people treat this game like it's complete and get to into it and when they lose out come the toys from the cot,

the other problem is the d**k measuring contest that seems to happen between nations especially on global ruined it for a lots of player. 

So realistically there is many factors to why we have lost players I'm talking predominately from a global prospective as that's where I play

15 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

but one point you did make still astounds me and really don't understand is players who struggle to manually sail still, I'm still fresh in to the game but I can comfortably manual sail probably still only average in pvp terms but I can hold my own, 

It take some dedicated practice and pointers, and it was a couple months before I even tried.  It's like playing Finger Twister on the keyboard, and half the time I do the wrong combo and kill my momentum, or misalign my fingers and hit the "r" or "v" keys by accident or forget to go full sail when turning through the wind until it's too late.  :/

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 2

The reason people stopped playing is simple - the game became non fun - perhaps even NON GAME. You have to work your ass off to get any gains and you can lose them in an instant.

NA became way too much of a second job for me - so I just reverted to my first job more (EVE). After all I only have so many hours a day to devote to "games"

• Like 4

These are the things that ruined the game for me

Chain Shot: Its Unlimited, Why? (After 2.5 hours of being chained relentlessly my mind is bleeding)  (Chain, Rake, Board)

5 Building Cap: Why? (I just build a level 1, let it fill, empty it and demolish)

Credits double to unlock everything: Why? (Maybe if I had more dock space and ports, I could have more fun playing, rather than afk sailing)

I unlock slots on a ship, useful for PVP, now i have to PVE for hours to find the book i would like to use, Why? (Can I choose a book to work for and after x amount of xp get it)

I craft a million and a half items to build a ship, I get zero Craft XP,  Why? (This would allow people to contribute to fleet ship building while helping the fleet get another crafter)

I can build a shipyard in a port that can be captured, yet I get no risk vs reward bonus, Why? (99% of shipyards are in NatCaps for FTs)

XP, Why?     (2.2k sail hits, 26 Demasts, 26 Shock) 1 hour later after being attacked 5 to 1, Sunk, Zero XP, -------------Basic Cutter Sail of Shame

Wood Types, Why? (Good luck bringing that true to life LO/WO Connie on its true to life solo OW Sailing mission it was designed for)

Rum (My grandpa died this year, I dug him up and poured rum on him) It didn't work...Why?

I LOVE this game but, the penalty for getting sunk is so bad, time wise, that its like once i get sunk, might as well log off until tomorrow. Yea don't teleport me to my nearest outpost where I might have a ship, punish me for sailing an hour to go find someone to fight, and teleport me to an enemy port......now i can buy a basic cutter from them and sail it back to my outpost, destroy the cannons, and then sell it to clean up my dock space that costs more credits than a damn 1st rate.

I would donate a million ships to my enemies if i could just get right back into the fight, most of the time when i get back into a ship to go find another fight, my recently killed says <10 mins.

52 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

It take some dedicated practice and pointers, and it was a couple months before I even tried.  It's like playing Finger Twister on the keyboard, and half the time I do the wrong combo and kill my momentum, or misalign my fingers and hit the "r" or "v" keys by accident or forget to go full sail when turning through the wind until it's too late.  :/

Understandable sorry that's me be a bit one dimensional in my view prospective I suppose cause usually when I get a ship I have never sailed before I'll jump in a single mission finish it and put myself in irons and in terrible positions and get a gauge on how the ships react in in different points of the wind, then do it with the air breathing down my neck but that's my personal choice 

Game is a part time job and i posted a few things I think it needs to reverse the balance

Yeah right. Game needs to sort out 

1. The cost of everything, ships cost too much, materials take too long to acquire to replace ships. Buildings are limited to 5 including a shipyard and a workshop needed for guns so you only get three buildings? This should be tied to your crafting level and for every 10 levels you get an additional building.

2. Cost of ship space,  for every outpost you should get an additional two slots. Its not as if the outposts are cheap with eight slots payed for again and again.

3. Labour hours, most need two days worth for cannons alone, so with saving up hours crafting and making a ship that is single dura you can lose the lot in a single battle and spend another 10 days scraping again. Why to we need labour hours to take resources we have already paid for out? Manufacturing works on a cost of selling to a retailer at 45% less than the retail. Why cant we? we have already bought the building. Use crew to speed up production to slow down production and get 100 crew with each building.

4. Outpost saturation. works fine for some but other players needing to make the money needed cant access as the prices are crashed . Max 1000 per resource per player per day to sell. we are all guilty of it

5. Clan Shipyard.

6. Single PVE hunters. keep everyone on their toes.

8. Rewards from missions and bottles. Bottles arent worth anything anymore. A few ingots once in a blue moon, Drop them  less and at least include a skill upgrade or book.

9. Mission Rewards. 14 rum from sinking a Santi LOL. Yet 5 crooked cedar from an LGV??  bigger risk should be better rewards both PVP and PVE.

10. fog of war on the map. Yes please.

11. Bring back TP of ships 5th rate and less. The hours on the sea isnt working hence the grind is made worse.

Thats it.....time for my tablets.

To anyone putting up walls of text, I simply read until I see a point which breaks by for example false assumptions.

6 hours ago, huliotkd said:

no one can build and OP behind enemy lines, attackers must fight at frontlines conquering one port at time till the capital regions, they must sweat

This is not how naval warfare works.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We couldn't hold a ton of ports, but we could hold a few key ports cause of our numbers.

And thus BLACK can execute a perfect viable naval tactic.

56 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

6. Single PVE hunters. keep everyone on their toes.

You're likely to not find consensus, which invalidates your entire wall.

With too many cooks we ended up with too many ingredients. It is nice that we experiment with ingredients, but the cooks appear not to look at the full picture and keep forgetting which ingredients worked and which not. (Or just plainly keep shouting their personal favorite, instead of coming to consensus and analyzing potential flaws.) And I would even go so far as accusing myself and @admin of making the same mistake.

admin said:

Its just before we were too often listening to too many people adding unnecessary ingredients (or unfinished ingredients) - and we won't make this mistake any more.

To make a proposal is to list all premises, prove what has failed and then describe the counter. Stop the fricking wall shouting, please.

PS. If you need help finding existing premises, let me know and I'll try to find those. (I seem to have a certain knack. :P)

Edited by Skully