Game-Labs Forum
no one

New nations and ship types?

no one    6

Sorry in advance from my poor english.

I have been following with interest the news about naval action legends.  Since naval action legends is not about the naval warfare in the caribbean but instead  the naval warfare as whole how about extent the content to what as made in the mediterranean in that time period?

With this in mind would be possible to see ships with oars? Xebecs , galley , war galley, frigate galley as an example.

New nations as the portuguese empire ( didn't took a major role in the mediterranean naval warfare but still was an important faction in that time period ), ottoman empire and the italian states could be a good choice to add different choices,

So in total we could had the british, americans, french, dutch, danes, sweden, russia, portuguese, spanish , italian states  and the ottoman tech tree to grind . I understand this would  take a lot of work and we would need to wait for updates after the game as release to see this but in the end could benefit with more choices and variety in the gameplay.

What is your opinion about this? 

Thanks for reading.

Slim Jimmerson    131
28 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

no more new nations with such a low population, plz

I nearly posted this aswell but then I realized this is naval action legends discussion

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

no one    6
7 hours ago, Anolytic said:

20369007_868052420019344_719329935064583

Is that a work in progress?  If possible i would like to see that and a polacre Xebec or a square rigged Xebec with some oars  in naval action legends . 

4 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

no more new nations with such a low population, plz

4 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I nearly posted this aswell but then I realized this is naval action legends discussion

I had no idea there was a problem with players numbers in naval action. :/ 

As a side note, a  good thing about the ottoman navy it could bring more players from muslim countries. 

Slim Jimmerson    131
15 minutes ago, no one said:

Is that a work in progress?  If possible i would like to see that and a polacre Xebec or a square rigged Xebec with some oars  in naval action legends . 

I had no idea there was a problem with players numbers in naval action. :/ 

As a side note, a  good thing about the ottoman navy it could bring more players from muslim countries. 

I mean, its not an awful population, people will come back next patch but..

There's a problem with having a bunch of lesser known nations and thats only people from that area will join them, (looking at sweden, dutch, denmark) They aren't the big 4 (US, Britain, France and Pirates) that everyone knows from movies, books and games. 

The more factions you add to NA, the more strain you put on a limited population. 

This won't be an issue for NAL though, unless they go for national ship trees like WT/WOT

no one    6
1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I mean, its not an awful population, people will come back next patch but..

There's a problem with having a bunch of lesser known nations and thats only people from that area will join them, (looking at sweden, dutch, denmark) They aren't the big 4 (US, Britain, France and Pirates) that everyone knows from movies, books and games. 

The more factions you add to NA, the more strain you put on a limited population. 

This won't be an issue for NAL though, unless they go for national ship trees like WT/WOT

I am veteran player from WG products ( wotb and wows ) , unfortanely i got tired to see WG making the worst gameplay decisions ,so i am looking with great interest to NAL .

About national ship trees , i think we need them. Lets say we don't have a national ship tree , and player could jump to any ship griding , what we would see in the end is the player griding to the most famous ships in the foruns. National ship trees forces players to sail in different ships and this brings more variety in the battlefireld.

Peter Goldman    1,271
On 28.08.2017 at 6:38 AM, no one said:

About national ship trees , i think we need them. Lets say we don't have a national ship tree , and player could jump to any ship griding , what we would see in the end is the player griding to the most famous ships in the foruns. National ship trees forces players to sail in different ships and this brings more variety in the battlefireld.

Disagreed. First of all, some nations have lots of ships while others have one or none. Second of all, you can achieve diversity by having all ships well balanced. Third of all, do we need to grind ships in NAL at all?