Game-Labs Forum

Hard work and skills needs to be rewarded (and I still want that T-shirt)

TL;DR Hard work and skill needs to be rewarded.

For the story to be understood, chapter 1 must be read. 

Except for the part of the entertainment modifier, this I want to do differently.

It'll still address the same issues, prevent damage farming and reward good gankees.

The amount mentioned in chapter 1 will no longer be gold, but rather (battle) points. The winner(s) receiving a bonus of 100% (/ 2x).

XP and Combat Marks can remain the same. Gold however should become quite a different structure.

The value (/cost) of everything sunk, including cargo and repairs used in battle will be tossed in a prize pool.

Non player owned (/ NPC) ships will be valued at 0. So PvE missions don't become a money tree and PvP rewards increase. However PvE missions will have a base value.

At the end of a battle each players reward is then his/her battle points normalized against the prize pool.

Who sees trouble in such a setup?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mear O'Breannen said:

yeahhh sucks, only becouse of som alt player which abused the system all others get no reward for fighting . THANKS - instead of changeing the game mechanics u ther should be som ip proof so nobody with same ip as used can log in ... 

IP ban doesn't work. Easily circumvented and only hurts other real players.

Alt ban in itself is illegal.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:49 PM, Skully said:

Not everything is lost as game mechanics themselves can still be changed. Which is what we should be discussing. Leave the legal stuff to the lawyers.

22 hours ago, Skully said:

IP ban doesn't work. Easily circumvented and only hurts other real players.

Alt ban in itself is illegal.

That's one thing I was trying to go for. The blocking of alt farming. Unfortunately my system had to have an equal loss vs gain to accomplish that. And no cool assist or damage rewards. If the current combat news would list the person being killed though we would be able to police ourselves and I could add in assists and damage bonus'.

Alt farming ? who care if someone try that hard to be frigate captain or rear admiral?  Farming AI now gives more than alt farming back in the days how is that better for the game ?

Appart printing money and knowledge slots, xp grind is worthless, all vets are already best rank yet everyone use the Surprise, and from time to time agga or 1st rate for Pb, yet regarding the number of pb and people doing them, i can easily say everyone use constitution or surprise and voila ! So XP is nearly a dead feature.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 1

if people is so frightened on alt farming, just make a systme based on damage >5th rate. It mean people will have to buy a ship or capture one and then farm this with al . It will be a big loose of time and money.

Now that pvp mark are off and so the risk of alt farming too, why can't w<e get back our normal system of reward?

Just now, PIerrick de Badas said:

if people is so frightened on alt farming, just make a systme based on damage >5th rate. It mean people will have to buy a ship or capture one and then farm this with al . It will be a big loose of time and money.

Now that pvp mark are off and so the risk of alt farming too, why can't w<e get back our normal system of reward?

You also need to take PvE into account. It costs 0 to create a Rear Admiral mission.

And yes, I don't care as well if someone shoots his own Victory to bits for a piece of reward.

34 minutes ago, Demsity said:

The measures taken to prevent alt damage farming is doing more damage than the actual alt damage farming.

This proposal takes that measure away and brings back rewards for everyone based on their merits in battle.

Unless I've completely missed something. Please let me know.

5 hours ago, Skully said:

This proposal takes that measure away and brings back rewards for everyone based on their merits in battle.

Unless I've completely missed something. Please let me know.

I did not mean your proposal, I was referring to the current system.

sorry for the confusion :D

• Like 1